Is it true? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it true?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it true?

Hey, I have a small khorne influenced force (not World Eaters but mostly Khorne, with a few exceptions). My general's khornate as well. I was hoping to add some Plaguebearers to the force (to fit with my army'd "plague or decapitation" fluff and theme) but was told yesterday that I couldn't. But looking through the codex I can't find it, it says I can't have slaneshi stuff but doesn't mention Nurgle. Can anyone tell me if my force (with Khornate commander) can include plaguebearers?

Don't ask what your country can do for you, Ask what you can do for your country, Only once you have asked yourself that shall your country do everything in its power for you --My twist on a JFK quote

Vote Communist.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes you can, and they remain troops as well. Now if you take plague marines (either troops or havocs), they become elites. With a Khornate general you are only restricted from Slaaneshi units (including daemonettes).

For a page reference, check page 38 of the Codex: CSM, under the headings "Ancient Enemies" and "The Force Organisation Chart".
    Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it's wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks that really helps. Now I can trully get on my way to finishing up the army list...
    Don't ask what your country can do for you, Ask what you can do for your country, Only once you have asked yourself that shall your country do everything in its power for you --My twist on a JFK quote

Vote Communist.

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

SilentStorm's completely correct, just oen thing to add - you cant take any units with the mark of Tzeentch either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, he can. Although, it goes against all fluff that exists, and is therefore frowned upon. While they are opposites, Khorne and Tzeentch, Khorne hates Slaanesh more because of his killing style, therefore the rules ban Slaanesh only.

Basically, with four gods they wanted to ban Tzeentch from taking Nurgle, and since Khorne hates both Tzeentch and Slaanesh, they went with Slaanesh to have two opposites, rather than some odd system that was even more confusing.
    Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it's wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, and Nurgle and Khorne work quite well together fluff wise (come out and fight and die for the blood god or die horribly from the plague).

Vote Communist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Well, if you're playing a world eaters list, then you can't..

If you're playing a generic chaos space marine list with a khornate lord and a lot of berserkers, then yes you can. It's also perfectly acceptable to paint the berskerers as members of the world eaters legion, and the plague marines as death guard.

Basically.. this would be two warbands banding together for a mutual goal.

Just remember you don't get a free aspiring champion or easy summon daemons when you do this. If you try and pull both, then you're cheating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know, my force is a recently turned chapter (with routes rumoured in Blood Angels) with a strong sense of "honour" whereby when they raid a world they challenge the citizens to come out and fight, if they do so they are treated with respect, if they don't Nurgle casts a horrific disease on them so they die in agony and suffering. The only Nurgle influence I've really got is a squad of 15 Plaguebearers (keeping it at that so they don't get nurgle's rot all over my Khorney guys).

Vote Communist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

Perhaps add a nurgle sorceror for some extar fluffiness, itwill certainly open soem extar options and taking a few plague marines will help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just want to know for interesting sake if the following is legal:
    One HQ with the mark of Khorne and another HQ with the mark of Nurgle.

Will the above mean that berserkers and plague marines are then troop choices?
    Also, normal CSM(with or without undivided mark) are also still troop choices?

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast