Oww, It Burns!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oww, It Burns!!

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Oww, It Burns!!

hello. yesterday i played a 40K game with my Black Legion army for the first time in ages, against a tau and Kroot army. the tau just killed all but one basic marine squads. its insane. S5 Ap4 basic guns. then they have those nasty jump plasma gunny Battle suits. :eek:

in the end it was a draw possibly a victory to the forces of chaos but that was only becasue squad uber (Marines withh 2CCW and a lightening clawed champ with rerolls and my lord with a dark blade) found the squishy bits in the army (they killed all 20 kroot a master shaperthree gnarlocs and then one battle suit 12 Tau and a ethreal) the squad consolidated through the army.

does anyone else play against the tau and how do you beat them??
    What are your faveortie squads to use against them, and what do you adivse not to use?
    what would you give your lord?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

That's the thing with Tau, IG, Eldar and Necrons. They outshoot us, so standing and shooting them is going to be a way to lose. Play to their weakness and get into CC with them. In games with them in the future be sure to use more CC squads. Only use shooting squads as support squads, mostly for anti-tank, that do not make up the bulk of your army.
    Current Armies:
    Beasts of Chaos (4000)
    Chaos Marines (3000)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, tau outshoot most things,lol. raptors(if u got some) are good coz they r cc and fast. also rhino's(again,if u have them) are wikid. ummm oh, and using d. flight with your lord and maybe d. essence so u live abit longer while flying down the line. as soon as you get into cc you basically rape him silly. good luck killing all his tau in your next game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

also chaos bikers will help alot, their fast and with turboboost can take quite a beating

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take some Bezerkers (as elites) and a Bloodthirster. Watch the puny yellow armoured freaks cower in a corner.
    Don't ask what your country can do for you, Ask what you can do for your country, Only once you have asked yourself that shall your country do everything in its power for you --My twist on a JFK quote

Vote Communist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Remember to max out your squad sizes, that way it will take your opponent longer to gun you down.

In space marine armies, I sometimes get the feeling that your tanks and your other fancy stuff is rather pointless, opposed to what you guys can do with just marines, marines and more marines. A dev squad with 4x heavy bolters, a tank hunting dev squad with 4x missile launchers, and 2 or 3 tac squads with bolters all maxed out, and perhaps a whirlie to back them up is one of the scariest thing I can think of. Just an oppinion from acruss the table.

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

ah i like the D.flight idea.

my army at mo is as follows

Lord with +1T +1W plasma pistol Dark blade (and some other bits i cant member!)

3 oblitorators
    7 Plauge marines infiltrate
    Leader with power sword and nurgles rot

8 marines one with heavy bolter champ
    8 marines champ
    8 marines CCWs Champ with MC Lighteneing claws in rhino with Lord

Raptors
    leader with d talons
    4 marines one with meltagun one with plasma pistol infiltarte

Drednaught (Atrobillious the deceased!) lascanons and CCW Deamonic hull possesion paresetic! unkillable.

my raptors got killed as they were in a s~~~ possition. oblitorators should have been in a diff position across the board. Atrobillious the deceased killed crisis suits at his leisure.

i would like some of the new termies but they would be opened like tins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danjones87
    Drednaught (Atrobillious the deceased!) lascanons and CCW Deamonic hull possesion paresetic! unkillable.
    HA! tell that to my dread that took 4 lascannons to the face... it happens every game... gotta hate those SMs Devistators

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    111 (x3)

Well against Kroot I send a Lieutenant with speed, strength, MoN and a Manreaper. The rest I try to kill with meltaguns, plasmaguns and lascannons. Get into CC with all those warriors and you will kill them in mass.

If the guy moves with all his skimmers then you just need to hit them until you kill them. Lucky shots help a lot and predator tanks too Got to love those.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id rather have Obliterators than a Preditor... or Terminators for that matter... or a Dreadnought... or... the list goes on and on

-Centum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast