Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hi ive asked the guys in the imperial gaurd forum this aswell,
I want a heavy shooting army with lots of big guns, I like the look of both imperial guard and the iron warriors but realy cant decide,
so what do the Iron warriors in terms of blowing things up have over the imperial guard? any feedback would help thanks judge.
their still chaos marines, so they back up their shooting with good cc units and good saves.
1) They have the right to take an unlimited amount of Obliterators.
2) Their basic troops are Chaos Space Marine just like Dreachon said, wich mean
- 3+ armour save
- BS of 4 (yes they can shoot too)
- Basic weaponry are S4 boltguns
3) They can take 4 heavy weapon choice.
4) They have access to the basilik tank.
So basically, you might not outshoot an IG army with an IW army but you will survive a lot longer and you will shoot a lot better. All in all, for the fluff, the obliterators and the CSM's you will be better off with an IW army, except of course if you want to be different from all the other chaos players out there.