Daemon prince. MC or IC? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daemon prince. MC or IC?

slightly misleading title.
    the eldar avatar, until the release of the v 4.0 FAQ was a combination of a Monstrous Creature and an Independant Character. this was cleared up when it became just an MC.
    now am I missing something or has the DP not recieved the same treatment? and any ideas why not?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    111 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by TzarNikolai
    slightly misleading title.
    the eldar avatar, until the release of the v 4.0 FAQ was a combination of a Monstrous Creature and an Independant Character. this was cleared up when it became just an MC.
    now am I missing something or has the DP not recieved the same treatment? and any ideas why not?
    The Daemon Prince is by default a Lord with more than 50 points in Daemonic gifts. He is an Independant Character and count as a HQ choice in our army list. He become a Monstruous Creature only if you give him the Daemonic Stature gifts and then he get all the benefits from this state.

If I understand this correctly, the Eldar Avatar is also an HQ choice but is always a Monstruous Creature so it's easier to just put him in this category to clear things up.

So as long as you don't give your Lord the Daemonic Stature gift he can be a Daemon Prince in power or terminator armour without the strength and the weaknesse's of being a Monstruous Creature. When you give him that gift he then become an IC who's also a MC.

I hope it clear things up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry, i wasn't being very clear.
    i was refering to a statured DP throughout.
    basically the avatar used to be a monstrous creature and an IC. now he's just an MC.
    a statured DP is still both isn't he? i was wondering why he didn't lose his IC status like the avatar did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

111 (x3)

Oh sorry, didn't understand it like this.

No as far as I'm concerned a Stature Daemon Prince don't lose his IC status. He is both. Nowhere I saw anything saying otherwise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They, probably, did not change his status as an independant character, because many chaos armory items will become cheaper. The armory does say one price for IC and a cheaper price for others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

121 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by TzarNikolai
    sorry, i wasn't being very clear.
    i was refering to a statured DP throughout.
    basically the avatar used to be a monstrous creature and an IC. now he's just an MC.
    a statured DP is still both isn't he? i was wondering why he didn't lose his IC status like the avatar did.
    Actually, this isn't right either. The avatar is still an IC, as well as being a MC. According to the rules on page 50 (51 or 52, or somewhere in there?) he can still be singled out in shooting.

Yes, he (DP) is both if statured, as one doesn't negate the other.

So, there you have it=)

+ Reply to Thread