Nurgle 500pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nurgle 500pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nurgle 500pts

before I start I know this is only a small list and as such VERY basic. However it will be expanded upon later

Plague Marine Lord - 120pts
    mark of nurgle, manreaper, terminator armour

Plague Marine Squad - 172pts
    7 plague marines
    mark of nurgle, unit icon
    1 aspiring champion
    plasma pistol, power weapon

8 Plaguebearers - 128pts
    none

8 Nurgling Swarms - 80pts
    none

500pts

this looking about right for a starter force?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats looks pretty decent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    111 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Pestigor
    before I start I know this is only a small list and as such VERY basic. However it will be expanded upon later

Plague Marine Lord - 120pts
    mark of nurgle, manreaper, terminator armour

Plague Marine Squad - 172pts
    7 plague marines
    mark of nurgle, unit icon
    1 aspiring champion
    plasma pistol, power weapon

8 Plaguebearers - 128pts
    none

8 Nurgling Swarms - 80pts
    none

500pts

this looking about right for a starter force?

Well this belong in the army list section so this post will probably be moved.

First I will say that your lord is way too expensive for a 500 pts game. Downgrade him to a Lieutenant that's the least you can do. If you want to keep him in the terminator armour form with the manreaper because you have the typhus model then go for it, make him join the PM squad and he should be good. If you have the choice put him in a power armour and protect him with a squad, the terminator armour just give you a better save but it won't be needed if your character is protected by 7 other models.

For the Plague Marine squad, the favorite number of Nurgle is 7 so you won't have the free aspiring champion if you take 8 PM. Also don't give a plasma gun to your aspiring champion, it's a weapon that can potentially kill him and he is too expensive to make him die on a bad roll (and it happens)... replace the power weapon by a power fist, give him a bolter and you're set. Also, give this squad 2 special weapons, make them plasma guns if you want the squad to be a shooty one or meltaguns if you want your squad to be in CC most of the time. Meltagun have my personal preference as you can melt anything in the 12" range, you can fire them before charging in and they don't kill you while oblitering anything on a 3+, 2+ rolls.

Drop the Plaguebearers for a for that small, they are good but they are very situational and with the summoning rule you won't start with them on the table. If your squad gets wiped out on turn 2 they'll never make it on the table... The nurglings are cute but the only thing they do well is tie up units in CC so other units can do their job, they won't kill much... My advice is to get at least another squad of 7 Plague Marines with the same configuration as your first, that will make a good starter for your army as the true strength of a Nurgle army comes from it's Plague Marines.

Try this:
    Lieutenant, Terminator Armour, Manreaper
    6 Plague Marines, 4 bolters, 2 meltaguns, 7 CC weapons, 1 free Aspiring Champion with a bolter and a power fist.

6 Plague Marines, 4 bolters, 2 meltaguns, 7 CC weapons, 1 free Aspiring Champion with a bolter and a power fist.
    Mounted in a rhino with smoke launchers and extra armour

499 points
    16 models

Anyway, at least get 2 squads of PM's if you want this army to work out, you could also drop the rhino to replace it ofr 6 squad of Nurglings but like I said already, they won't do much... Remember that some armies can pack a fearsome amount of fire power, even in a 500 pts game.

You could also drop the terminator armour on the Lieutenant, replace the power fists on the AC and give them power weapons, drop the rhino and get a dreadnought along with your lieutenant and your 2 squads of plague marines, work great too.
    Last edited by Thyr; May 20th, 2005 at 01:57.

+ Reply to Thread