Help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Help

What is the best wat todeal with a super deamon prine.
    I was playing a game with my brother and the objective was to capture the majority of 5 objective markers.

He fielded 2 squads a dread a lord that cost over 300 points and his own retuine with psycic powers. His dude had 2 pwerfists 2 veteran abilities i think an extra attack and toughntess and a bunch of deamonic gifts and wargear.

Here is the thing he charged my dread with strentgh 10!!!!!!!. he killed it with one round, what the **** is that. You cant kill a dreadnought with one man in cc in one round. He was immune to instant death.

At the end i won because the rest oc his army was so weak they couldnt capture any objectives but he had a firm grasp on the central one. So what else can i do other than run from him and slow him down with meat shields (my poor scouts).

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well first thing I dont think you can have a chaos lord that expensive. the rules in the codex are very clear when they say how much a chaos lord/demon prince may spend on wargear and daemonic gifts. or was it that he and his retinue cost 300 points? if so I'm sure the unit was far from unbeatable. chosen retinues are horribly expensive and not worth there points in my opinion.

a demon prince killing a dred in CC isnt that crazy. most players take D stature making them a monstrouse creature and at I 5 the chaos lord attacks first meaning he will probably pen it a few times and them blammo nothing left to fight back.

best way to deal with them is concentrated laz cannon fire. he'll have 3-4 wounds and will at best get a +4 invulnerable save but more likley +5 or none at all and will fall rather quickly.

If he has taken a retinue he probably went with a bunch of termies and you deal with them like you deal with other termies. shoot them up with AP 2 weapons untill they dont move anymore. this also works for the less common (from what I've seen) power armor retinues as well. they aint that tough and with all those high priced bodies around I doubt the chaos lord would be that tough ether.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

when the DP crushed the dread, did he used the PF cause if so he would strike after the dreadnought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

The guy himself cost 275 points total. I he also had a retuine not part of the total it was a 1000 point game and the restof his army was 2 squads of 10 guys with special weapons and a dread.

He had 4 or five wounds plus furios charge or so he had10 strenght on the charge ne deamonic stature.
    Also Is retuie has a dude that used mass mutation to heve him and the squad benefits. Because he is with the squad the heavy weapons didn't work well enough to kill him and when i got into cc my dread just killed his dudes.

I am not having a problem winnin i just what him to stop using this beefed up guy so i dont have to chamge my tactics around him.

How would i deal with him if i use mechanized tau as cc is not an option and tau dont have a lot of weapons that kill sms for cheap.

I only was in this sub section so you guys can help me as you guys know chaos weaknesses and if you go into other armies then they only give you opinions that arent always true.
    Last edited by Deek; May 26th, 2005 at 03:29. Reason: Didnt finish

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    95 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Deek
    The guy himself cost 275 points total
    Yikes! A 60pt Lord w/ a max of 150pts in Armoury upgrades?

i use mechanized tau as cc is not an option
    CC is a good option here. You don't have to *beat* this Character.

Just neutralize it. Swamp it with infiltrating Kroot to tie it up in CC.

Meanwhile, your mobile elements capture all the objective markers.

Playa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not having a problem winnin i just what him to stop using this beefed up guy so i dont have to chamge my tactics around him.

Well....that defeats the purpose of the game. If you never have to adjust your tactics, the game gets stale. The idea is to suprise and outwit your opponent. Not just bring a cheesed out list, or a powerhouse unit. Then again, some armies are forced to use powerhouse units to be fully effective, like Ulthwe.

Drop a few vindicator or railgun pie plates on that big retinue. The look on his face should be priceless.
    Sam Mills (1959-2005) and Mark Fields - Keep Pounding

Cry Cheese, And Let Loose The Wraithlords And Templar!

+ Reply to Thread