Night Lords Vs Necrons And Tyranids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need some tips on how to fight and build an army that can either survive or beat these two armies. So if anyone out there could help me out I would appreciate it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm, For necrons, as long as they don't have too many flayed ones/wraiths/pariahs/c'tan, go for a quick assault army (something nl is good at) except for those three units and special characters, crons SUCK at assault, and all you would have to worry about is the lord, Bikers are very good at this, since crons only get one attack each, and your making that one attack even less efective. Don't worry if they pass a few wbb, as long as you knock out there warriors quickly, rember, phase out is a key weakness to exploit, and there basic warriors suck at cc. As for nids, I have less experience with them... I would go for a more shooty force, but with some assault units to back up your shooty squads when the nids reach your front line, lascannons will work great for taking out the hive tyrant/warriors to get rid of that nasty fearless effect, plus two strong cc units, then target the fex with your lascannons. A single devsquad, no skills, just lascannons, should suffice. As for normal bugs, heavy bolters will work wonders, and exploit shoot the big ones, rember no nid unit can block los to anyother nid unit. So target those nasty gene stealers. Also furies might be a good invesment, with there higher strength, theyll inflict more wounds on the enemy, also be warry of lictors... those could sting quite a bit with there special set up rules. Advice against them would be stay away from terrain if you can... or sac a small squad so there left out in the open like an idiot, then nuke em with heavy bolters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

basically tyranids will be the meaty shield and the necrons with firepower....
    so i would suggesting taking out the necrons heavy weapons then dealing with the 'stealers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good. another NightLord player.
    Necrons and nids are almost complete opposites in terms of playing style, so it's hard to get a list that will defeat both, but here goes:

obliterators will be helpful as they can kill anything
    get 2-3 large squads of marines with heavy bolters and plasma guns, and a rhino or two if it's crons
    a predator
    chosen and a lord in a rhino

this is just my playing style, and it may be completely different from yours, but I tried. Please rate my list: http://librarium-online.com/forum/index.ph...?showtopic=3953
    Apathy is the greatest enemy of all.

=0_o=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your playing against nids.... I'd say just sit back and shoot....... give them some heavy bolters and auto cannons to make wast of those swarms........ I havn't really played against necrons.... so I can't really help you there. I don't think I'd advise rhinos against nids though..... cuz you really wanna stay out of HtH against them...... and driving up close to them.... is just bad news....... I'm just now starting up a night lords army and I think my list is gonna be pretty solid..... If you want you can go ahead and check out my list in the army list section....... The theme for my army is kind of like a scout army. So I'm gonna be either infiltrating or fast attacking.......

Closed Thread