Help me beat space wolfs! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help me beat space wolfs!

:confused:
    Hi ! this is my first post so bare with me.

I have been playing chaos for 14 years now and i am having real probs beating space wolfs.
    Those attack bikes are Pigs! and i am fed up with scouts coming on behind my defiler!
    Dose any one have any tips on kicking the sons of russ rear end ?
    my apponent always fields 3 attack bikes and tooled up scouts.
    i also struggle against darl elder witches is there any way of having a squad with S 6?
    i usually tale chosen with great weapons if i am to fight witches as lossing the +1 attack dosent realy matter!

Cheers

Greg

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

Attack bikes are fragile. They only have 1 wound and if they aren't in squads you only get 3 of them. Unless they've messed up the new codex, I don't have it to hand. Easily neutralised with havocs or Predator/Defiler.

Keep a squad back with the defiler; only small, 5-6 dudes with an AC with power weapon and d.strength. Not many points, but better than scouts and in similar numbers. If the scouts are too hard make this squad more impressive and beefy. Or 2 separate squads of 5 with a couple of assault weapons to hand. Seems a waste of a squad though, and a Defiler is a large target so if they have melta guns they could cause trouble. If it won't work have the defiler take a more active role in the battle. He can still move and use his battle cannon...

Dark Eldar are ho's. One thing they hate are autocannons and Chosen Terminators. Wytches just love those reaper autocannons. XD Great Weapons are never a good use of anyone's time, but power weapons are going to be a waste against wytches as their regular save is worse than their twirly combat invulnerable. I hate them but shoot them and they're hopeless. Hey, you could nuke their raider with your Defiler and get him to eat the slags.
    --Monsieur

"Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours"
    -Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks!

Thank you for your help! its good to no someone else HATES dark elder, my opponent uses warp gates so i get assulted before i can shoot 9 times out of 10! its a pig!
    Also in the new codex space marine attack bikes get 2 wounds!
    I just wish chaos could take a sniper rifiles some times!
    Thanks again

Greg

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

I really don't like helping people defeat Wolves, but...

- If you have a heavy bolter or assault cannon term those can help a lot, anything with many medium strength shots.

- Charge them, don't let them get there charging attack
    Three Companies of the 26th Vinancium
    143rd Airborne Badgers (99.9% done)
    159th Corsair Rifles (35% done))
    69th Armored Wall Busters (95% done)

Total 197 men, 12 tanks, 4 Heavy Artillery Pieces

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by greg1394
    Attack bikes get 2 wounds
    yes, 2 wounds... but still T4

With the warp gates, doesn't he gotta rush forward and drop one first? I'm sure over 14 years of serving the dark gods you've managed to accumulate a great deal of havocs? Nuke the raiders. Then he's gotta slog it to your lines, through all the heavy weapons. With dark eldar, they have little in the way of range aside from ravagers, which have some pathetic fear of bolt pistols and feel the need to ground themselves at the first sight of one. Let them come to you and shred them. Make sure you have a reserve combat unit, maybe some taloned possessed to counter-charge when something gets through and you're laughing. I don't think I've ever had trouble against Dark Eldar. Just don't talk to me about real eldar.
    Last edited by Monsieur Cartier; May 30th, 2005 at 22:02.
    --Monsieur

-Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its a good idea but my oppent stars with nothing but (sorry forgot real name!) jump pack troops with the gate on the table. i have to try and indirect fire them to death i only get 1 /2 turns to do this before he opens the gate and the raiders shoot forward the sods jump out and all my stuff suffers chopy death!

I find that a death guard army are good against elder IF the are an assult based army.
    a great unclean one will be a pain for any eldar army!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

Scourges? Weak. Long range weapons will shred their mesh armour, and once they die I don't think the warp portal works. I dunno, but they aren't that hard to deal with.

A Great Unclean one wouldn't be much use. He'd be too slow and you'd crap yourself if you saw the number of starcannons there are where I play. That's why I hate real Eldar armies. My troops cost 24 points each and they get mown down so easily. It sucks.

And besides, I'd have a hard time persuading a Nurgle Daemon to fight alongside my emperor's children :p
    Last edited by Monsieur Cartier; May 30th, 2005 at 22:55.
    --Monsieur

-Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do u use the emprors children as a shooty or assualt army?

id be interestied in seening ur list!

if u have the time my email is grefindlay2004@hotmail.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

Both. I have a balance between shooting and combat, with a flying DP (who doesn't come out much because of all the small people everywhere), possessed, several bikers a squad with ccw's and a lieutenant in a rhino, a predator, will get a forgeworld dreadnaught at some point, havocs with 4 blastmasters and a squad with sonic blasters. Soon I will be adding an uber-havoc squad with a kai gun and 4 plasma guns in a rhino :p which I have already begun work on the kai gun AC for, and a second sonic blaster squad. If I can find a job soon enough I'll get a Keeper of Secrets too. He has such a fit statline it'd be rediculous not to.
    --Monsieur

-Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

+ Reply to Thread