Was I Lucky or Skillful? Or didnt my enemy just suck? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was I Lucky or Skillful? Or didnt my enemy just suck?

Today I played a 700 pts game at the games workshop vs. this guy I know called Ean. I was Chaos he was Necron.

I feilded my Sorcerer with MoCU, A Havoc sqaud of EC, 2 5 man sqauds of chaos marines (with very powerful ACs) and my Preditor with TL lascannons on top and side heavy bolters.

He feilded his Lord, 3 Destroyers, 24ish Warriors.

Basicly he sent he Destroyers right at my Tank failing to do anything to it. Mean while my sqauds, the havoc sqauds blastmaster owned his warrors, in CC my ACs and Sorcerer slaughtered alot, basicly the other troops were only there to add more wounds.

His big mistake was that it took till turn 3 to take out my Tank with Immobilize, Crew Shakened and Weanon destroyed (TL LC). By now his lord deepstriked in next to my tank on the other side of than the havoc sqaud with a sqaud of warriors. The lord left the unit and charged one of my sqaud of CSM. If I had rolled 1 highter I would have ended them game right their, when it came time for my Power Fist 2 Str 10 attacks AC to attack I rolled a 1 to wound, needed 2 (I think it should have insta killed but I trusted the guy enouph. But it was dont on my next turn becuase my blast master took out 4 guys at only and he was only 2 from phase out.

I only took 5 looses he took his total - 4 before loosing. My skills good? Or his skills bad?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

Hmm...well i think his rotten luck could be something to so with it, with the predator. Those things can be death for Necron armies. It also sounds like his army list was pretty small, but looking at it, i suppose in a game as small as 700, it was pretty sound and balanced. Really his biggest mistake was getting the 'crons into combat - Chaos marines especially own Necrons up close. But also, you couldn't have ended the game right there with your power fist - unless you gave your aspiring champions furious charge, d.strength and a power fist, meaning they'd get their strength doubled and 2 added to it. If you only gave him strength and a power fist, he'd be strength 9. But I assume you did the first one.
    It sounds like you both took pretty sound armies, and sometimes games can go like that - really, in the end, it's all down to the dice - there's no such thing as a "perfect" 40k player, as even the most experienced of players roll bad dice for a game, and that can lose it for you. It appears though, you're both good players and really it was just a game that the dice could decide.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

I'm the all-singing all-dancing crap of this world. I'm the toxic waste by-product of Gods creation.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

I will agree that there was some luck involved. But a win is a win. The dice gods are very fickle, there will always be some measure of "luck" in every game you play.
    "My father is the jailhouse. My father is your system....
    I am only what you made me. I am only a reflection of you"
    -Charles Manson

Fluff Masters Clan Leader
    Super Villians
    Order of the Shadowy Flame
    Votewar! Check It Out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're lucky you weren't butchered - yopur list seems pretty fragile. I don't have enough information to judge but he seemed to have better list yet terrible luck and tactics. I think that in combat you gave him a pounding with your champions - he shouldn't have got so close! Well done anyway.
    Apathy is the greatest enemy of all.

=0_o=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightFox
    you're lucky you weren't butchered - yopur list seems pretty fragile. I don't have enough information to judge but he seemed to have better list yet terrible luck and tactics. I think that in combat you gave him a pounding with your champions - he shouldn't have got so close! Well done anyway.
    On a charge one of my ACs has 5 Str 6 attacks with Deamonic Talons and the other has 4 Str 10 attacks with a Powerfist. They are effectivly what wins all my battles, them and my Blastmaster, the guys with them are just extra wounds when doing my stratigys.

If it helps explain things my stratigy is to plan to lose but do as much damage as posable first. This doesnt meen blind rushing. I usually hold key units back until key points. I almost never move my tank and just have it lay down supressing fire from the back line with its Lascannon, H bolters and Havoc Launchers. My Havoc sqaud does the same. My lord and Sorcerer each go with a 5 man sqaud and own things in close combat. It will change when I get more models, I plan on buying some Furies or another sqaud of marines so I can combind the 2 5 man sqauds.
    Last edited by Osaria; June 20th, 2005 at 23:56.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have learned fron experience, necrons are near to worst for cc
    once my unit of warriors got nearly annilated by a sqaud of eldar jet bikes(craft world thing, can use 2 unit of jetbike instead of troop)

botton like is that besides flayed ones, wraiths, phiras(cant spell) and occasionally scarabs and tomb spiders, everything else suks at cc

i took out 2 full unit of eldar jetbikes with a unit of 10 flayed ones and suffered no loss
    The people who survive are the winners
    The people who enjoy survival are the champions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Osaria, how does ur AC have 5 attacks with talons? 2+1charging+1talons then... sorry I might be confused but with talons u can't have any other cc weapons. so thats 4 attacks.

+ Reply to Thread