Using Fantasy Warriors for Marines? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

I suppose it wouldn't be too bad, as long as you come up with a story of why they have a 3+ save in fur pelts. You could pass it off as a proto-feel-no-pain save, where you ignore things on a 3+ when they aren't "lethal" (ie: power weapons, AP3 or better).

Current Armies:
    Beasts of Chaos (4000)
    Chaos Marines (3000)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Using Fantasy Warriors for Marines?

What do you think of using Chaos Fantasy Warriors instead of marines? Main reason i'm thinking this is I would like to play World Eaters, but personally don't feel like painting any more chaos marines. I've been considering using Fantasy Warriors to represent chaos marinse and arm them all with 2 handweapons instead of the shield. I like the feel of a more medieval army (i know that defeats the purpose of 40K), and I really like the warriors figures. Worst comes to worst I could easily convert the bolt pistols or plasma pistols. Let me know what you think. I would still use the same daemons, but I figure for foot soldiers if might just work??
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

I'm the all-singing all-dancing crap of this world. I'm the toxic waste by-product of Gods creation.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

I personally don't see any problem with that. If you like those models better then use them. Just convert them to be carrying the appropriate guns/weapons etc. Personally I don't care what models my opponent uses as long as they are true to the rules.
    "My father is the jailhouse. My father is your system....
    I am only what you made me. I am only a reflection of you"
    -Charles Manson

Fluff Masters Clan Leader
    Super Villians
    Order of the Shadowy Flame
    Votewar! Check It Out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MAYBE, but you'd need to convert them a fair bit. I wouldn't object (I myself have a bezerker based on one of the old warrior models). You should however definately put bolt pistols on and maybe bulk out the armour.
    Don't ask what your country can do for you, Ask what you can do for your country, Only once you have asked yourself that shall your country do everything in its power for you --My twist on a JFK quote

Vote Communist.

ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

there are positioning issues with using a Chaos Warrior back for Marines, but I've done it

there are a couple of things that need to be done to make it work, the arms need to be trimmed alot so they fit into the elbow of the suit, the center of the back piece where the chest sits needs to be trimmed a fair bit too, there's also the bottom of the cloak that needs to be shortened, and even then there's a sizable gap between the torso and the legs that needs to be filled, but it does look good when you're done
    I also added a piece (actually a shoulder) behind the head to fill in the rather large gap

+ Reply to Thread