Possessed Vs CC Marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possessed Vs CC Marines

I was trying to cut down on points, so i figured a squad of CC Marines w/ furious charge, would be 17pts which gives S5 I5 attacks, slightly better then possed at the cost of a Invul save.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz589
    I was trying to cut down on points, so i figured a squad of CC Marines w/ furious charge, would be 17pts which gives S5 I5 attacks, slightly better then possed at the cost of a Invul save.
    i personally don't use possesed at all. a large squad of them and an ability really starts to eat up points.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they are alright. alot cheaper but not quite as good. They will be a very good close combat squad but they are only str 5 on the charge, not the next round. Also u miss out on the talons u can get which are sooo good when u get that huge number of attacks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

Possessed will indeed flatten almost anything in combat with daemonic talons, it's what they're made for. CC marines will hurt them slightly, but the fact that possessed can come up against a monstrous creature in combat, rip him to bits and then run off laughing makes them more worth their points than normall CC marines. But that doesn't make them good value, they have a sickening points value if you mark them (especially Tzeentch ones!) although mine have ripped apart several carnifexes before.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

I'm the all-singing all-dancing crap of this world. I'm the toxic waste by-product of Gods creation.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Possesed with talons are definatley worth it especially if they have the mark of khorne or slaanesh. But if you have to get rid of em' then a furious cc squad would be the next in line. Either that or some daemons. :cool:
    "My father is the jailhouse. My father is your system....
    I am only what you made me. I am only a reflection of you"
    -Charles Manson

Fluff Masters Clan Leader
    Super Villians
    Order of the Shadowy Flame
    Votewar! Check It Out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been having problems using hte possessed, since I can never get them into battle that easily. I play Alpha Legion, so most of my army is infiltrating... a squad of possessed in rhinos stick out like a sore thumb, and gives the enemies the only target to shoot at their first round or two. I tend to use Daemonettes since they usually come out able to charge the enemy. I'll try Possessed a few more times, but right now, they cost too much for almost no use...

almost all of my CC marines have furious charge and infiltrate...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for the points id say possesed are expensive but good.

Mine have taken down many a wraith lord in C.C in the past!
    I would pick them oved zerkers cause they wont make a made dash to try and kill a tank with a chain axe!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not to mention the fact that if they have d. talons, they could actually win ^.^.

anyways, I seem to have pretty good luck with my possessed (wheee! only unit not on foot) but that's because they are usually too busy dealing with PMs to deal with them until it's too late. 7 possessed with d. talons + lt with manreaper and d.strength=not much left standing. There's nothing quite like clawing right through the front of a land raider crusader.
    why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

Possessed are definately worth taking. D.Talons is relatively cheap, but with a mark they do come to over 30 points. Even so, they can shred most things that they come up against at the expense of shoting, something you should be willing to give up for their raw power. They can take a lot of beating too.
    Possessed are expensive but they are brilliant for what you get out of them.

Lord Visharon, in that kinda instance there's not overly much need for possesed. They are more expensive than troops who will be kiling things much quicker. They aren't that fluffy either. Probaby not the best idea to take them in an Alpha Legion army.
    Last edited by Monsieur Cartier; July 5th, 2005 at 09:43.
    --Monsieur

"Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours"
    -Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, I might use them occasionally, since the AL motto is "attack using every method possible all at once" But I think having marines that are mutated for being in the Eye too long doesn't fit AL too well...

And I have raptors to use anyways =)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast