Mass Mutation - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mass Mutation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mass Mutation

I was wondering if anyone here makes use of the psychic power Mass Mutation. How useful/not-worth-the-points is it? What psychic powers do you recommend, if any? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -47 (x0)

i dont think people should use this altough it could come in use in some situations but in my opinon i think people would be better of with gift of chaos or wind of chaos .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am thnking on giving it to my great unclean one in my death guard and trying to get a good bonus. i dont have the codex handy rihgt now but i think the othere powers are heavy so i coundnt assult after useing them.
    i alway thoght that this would be the most used power.
    (\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Im helping him on his way to world Domination!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

It's pointless giving it to a great unclean one - it only affects normal CSM or chosen, and the great unclean one can't join a unit, so mass mutation won't be useful. It is nice if you have a massive unit of CSM or chosen with a sorcerer lord, as it makes them pack much more of a punch. The only problem is the fact than it can kill your own CSM, but you needn't worry about that - if you have a cheap unit of CSM, they don't need any upgrades as mass mutation will do it for them, and losing one 1/6th of the time won't be too much of a blow.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -47 (x0)

WOW i just used it for a campaign and its wonderfull it got my CSM sqaud of 10 joined a deamon prince and guess what? Deamon prince STR 10 WS 7 A7 and the troops wicth i used mass mutation on had STR 6 and killed a unit of like 10 swooping hawks and 30 gaurdians! its awsome!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's pointless giving it to a great unclean one - it only affects normal CSM or chosen, and the great unclean one can't join a unit, so mass mutation won't be useful.
    Are you sure about this? A friend of mine and I had a disagreement about monsterous creatures joining units - but neither one of us could find a rule in the rulebook stating that they couldn't. Since then, I've been giving my Keeper of Secrets the Mass Mutation ability. Or is this a special rule specifically for the Great Unclean One? (I'm not up on my Nurgle-lore.)

Personally, I think Mass Mutation is the most exciting ability we have. Doombolt is okay, depending on your army and your HQ. Gift of Chaos is rarely worth it (and just a boring ability, imo). Warp Talisman and Warp Focus are almost pointless. And Wind of Chaos is decent, but when I've seen it taken, the player only got to use it once or twice that game. Mass Mutation is fun because it can be super powerful, or really screw you over, depending on the dice you roll. To me, that's the fun of playing Chaos - unpredictability.

-hype

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

Hmmm....my Chaos codex has decided to allow itself to be stolen at the last GW event i went to, but unless the entry states that the greater daemon is an independent character, it may not join a unit.
    Maddness - was that a slaaneshi daemon prince? Because if it wasn't, then you couldn't get all of those upgrades - mass mutation effects run out after the end of the turn they are rolled.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only independent characters can join other squads, being a monstrous creature does not affect this in any way. But remember that independent characters that are monstrous creatures can still be picked out for shooting unless they've joined a unit of monstrous creatures.

Greater Daemons are independent characters according to the Codex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -47 (x0)

Lord of change yes it was slanshhi deamon prince it is like sooooooo cool and why do people always ask me this is it because they think i dont know my own codex? ANd where in the rulebook does it say monstoursus creature cant join units ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe monstrous creatures can join units, people get this mixed up with the fact that you can still pick them out with shooting and therefore forget that you actually can do it because they think it is pointless, however in this case it isn't.
    Psychic-Construct of the Codex necromancers design team
    Books of the Imperium;
    29. Thou shalt not use they bolter to kill bees.
    74. Thy shalt not tip the Terminators over during battle.
    Codex Necromancers:
    http://www.freewebs.com/fortyk/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast