Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
what are the best units to include in an emperors children army? is it worth it to equip everyone with sonic weaponry? demonettes any good?
Hey Beiltan. Welcome to the perverted world of Slaanesh. Here are my favorite units in my EC army:
1. Any Noise Marines. These could be sonic-equipped CSMs (I usually take four SBs, one BM, and one PG in each tactical squad), a Havoc squad of Blastmasters, or Possessed (the talons + Warp Scream work well together). Noise Marines rock.
2. Daemonettes. A squad of 6-8 of these girls WILL take down any non-vehicle you throw them at. They're the best Daemon Pack, bang for buck. Try to keep them out of gunfire for maximum value.
3. Okay, maybe not a unit, but use Warp Amps, Blasphemous Rune, Daemonic Visage (combined with a Keeper of Secrets if you can) and the pinning frequency of the Blastmasters to your advantage. You can have your opponent's units rolling at -4, or -5 on their leadership and morale tests if you use these properly. I've literally run units off the table with this tactic, and killed even more by sweeping advances.
I'd recommend looking for the EC tactica (it's probably on page 10 or 12 by now) and checking out some EC armies in the Army List section. Good luck on your new Slaanesh direction. May the Lord of Pleasure bless you well!
In order, I would say:
1) Daemonettes. As was said above, 6-8 daemonettes can kill absolutely anything. They are absolutely fantastic units.
2) CC Marines: Believe it or not, Slaanesh are a second to Khorne in CC. The ability to strike first against almost every other troop choice in the game is a huge advantage. These guys will go a long way to winning you games.
3) Sonic Weapons: A squad with 4 sonic blasters, a plasma gun and a blastmaster will lay down some heavy firepower, and is great against any army type. The only problem is your marines will cost 24 points, which is as much as a tooled-up Berserker.
Beasts of Chaos (4000)
Chaos Marines (3000)
I would have to put CC Slaaneshi marines and Noise Marines on par with eachother. True, Slaaneshi marines are among the best combat troops, but Noise Marines can lay down enough shooty-ness to wipe out any kind of unit- swarm or amroured, as the high rate of fire they possess is phenomenally good against anything fool enough to present itself to you.
Daemons, as have been said, are brilliant, but too many people take mounted daemonettes which are nowhere near as cost effective.
The Slaaneshi Greater Daemon, the Keeper of Secrets, is amazing. For the points I rekon it is one of the best of the 4, and its statline is superb. Unfortunately they should only come out in bigger games as in smaller ones lightly-tooled lieutenants get the job done better (esecially when attatched to a CC squad in a rhino, they can carve a hole in almost anything that comes at them).