im at a point where i cant decide - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im at a point where i cant decide

should i stay loyal to the emperor of man or should i become a traitor and go to the blood god khorne?

i was going to play a cc oriented army so lets here some pros vs cons about khorne plz

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

Well, if you want a CC oriented army - khorne is the best choice - they're absolutely fantastic against anything at all in close combat. If you want to do CSM, then any legion (except maybe thousand sons) is excellent for CC, but khorne is overall the most fantastic.
    Also, maybe check out the khorne tactica for advice on building your army, and maybe the others to make sure you have made the right decision.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i cant decide cause i know to focus solely on cc is not to good to do and i would like some options as to what i can take

and the new SM dex gives traits

so im still torn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

I personally would stay away from Khorne. The reason is that I play warhammer as strategic war game and I think Khorne takes a lot of the away. I think that Khorne is a cool army, but I think it should be left to people who aren't really interested in tatically fexibility or mid game thinking. And I personally ues it as an insult to new kids who are playing because they like to roll dice instead of thinking about tatics; after beating a kid with my tyranids it doesn't seem nearly as insulting to when you say "Have you tried using a Khorne based army? I think it would really suit your playing style." Because for people who let armor saves and the dice decided their fate Khorne is perfect for thier style.

I am sorry if I offened you with that comment but I don't think all Khorne worshipers play like that, I just think it is how the army was built to be played. I do have a friend who plays different legions of Choas all the time. When he uses Worldeaters he talks about how he like the challenge of leading an army of people who crazed and get themselves into trouble and the fun part trying to make up for tatical errors the dice gods have given him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea i like losing some units that was the basis for my plans and have to rethink my strats

and i like tactical flexibility its a must in warhammer thats why im leading towards regular marines cause i can make my own army to suit me and to be specific aganist any army i play

and yea hearing it from someone else helps thank

Neme

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Well, Chaos is just naturally good at CC, so you don't have to restrict yourself to Khorne. Here are some other options:

Slaanesh: Out of all the legions, Slaanesh are probably the second best at CC. Their ability to give opponents -1 leadership means they're hitting before everyone against Eldar, and with a power weapon that becomes a huge advantage. Their daemons, both lesser and greater, are all well-tuned towards close combat as well. You could just avoid sonic weaponary and send these squads screaming towards your enemy. And the good news is that if you need some descent shooting you can put it in.

Alpha Legion: Make your Cultists assassins and you have cheap and effective units that are great for butchering anything. Add to that standard CSM with CCWs and BPs and you have a very powerful CC army. They're a great army if you want you like CSM but you still enjoy a good horde army. It's reasonable to get 70+ infantry in a 1500pt Alpha Legion army.

Night Lords: Though very underplayed, they are incredibly effective at CC. Bikes and Raptors are pretty much made for CC, and Night Lords players have an unpecidented access to these units. They will have slightly less units than a Black Legion player, but they make up for it with the quality of their units.

Word Bearers: A little more unpredictable, but you have access to every daemon Chaos has to offer. That means you can have rending, power weapons, squads that wound everything on 4's, and so on. Or you could take the all-marine track and just charge 70 marines towards the enemy.

Black Legion: They have access to a little bit of everything that the above armies have, though they don't have to lean one way or the other.

There are a huge amount of options for you in Chaos, whatever gamestyle you have.
    Current Armies:
    Beasts of Chaos (4000)
    Chaos Marines (3000)

+ Reply to Thread