how do doggies fly? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how do doggies fly?

heya, I was wondering if i took a few chaos hounds with my daemon prince with Dflight how would the hounds move? i mean if i fly over a wall do my dogs climb over it? it says they dont make difficult terrain tests.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe your daemon prince picks them up and totes them with him when he flies, or he has them on a leash and drags them with him when he flies, and this should modeled appropriately.
    Chaos Undivided W2 T1 L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x4)

Model them with wings. They move at the same speed as their master, so they probably get similar mutations.
    ___
    Greetings from Planet X, I hope you enjoy your day.
    Join us in the Librarium Online Chatroom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

Chaos hounds always move at the speed of their owner. It says so in the codex. So they move 12" because they can run quickly.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Zed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

Chaos hounds always move at the speed of their owner. It says so in the codex. So they move 12" because they can run quickly
    Yeah, but if you give your lord d. flight how are they going to run quickly over a 9ft wall?

Either they have wings, the just use chaos powers to float, they are really good at jumping, they can go intangible, they can climb, or they can or are teleported. It's whatever seems best. If they're with a tzeentch sorceror then it might seem best if they teleport or go intangible. If they're with a nurgle lord then maybe they produce claw llike mutations and climb. With slanesh they might have combat drugs allowing them to jump really high. If they're with khorne they might sprout blood thirster like wings and fly.
    Last edited by Zed; July 13th, 2005 at 12:18.
    "DICE FOR THE DICE GOD!"

And the almighty Dice God said to his followers "Thou shalt not speak ye words "anything but a one" For thou whoever'st speaketh this blasphemy will be cursed with thy rolls being of one".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think they can climb that wall. They get to move at the same speed as the character but that does not let them benefit from his special movement modes (i.e. flight). It is true that hounds aren't slowed by difficult terrain but they are still stopped by impassable terrain so while your character can fly over obstacles they can not.

They may be chaotic but they are still hounds and have to run along on all four(?) legs.

Nice try though.

EDIT: I guess it depends on whether the wall in question has been classed as difficult or impassable terrain.
    Last edited by Lleu; July 13th, 2005 at 13:09.

ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

are you sure your lord doesn't just do the Paris Hilton "pack em in a Gucci bag" thing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry my first post was vague

ok sorry ill try to ask with more detail, MY D prince has wings and wants to go over a straight up wall which is made out of stone, the wall is about 6 inches tall in game so i dont know if its impassible or not. ok then if my prince flies over it he covers 10 inches, now if u go around its about 20 inches. so i wonder if my hounds will run around it? and even so what if i do come across where you cant simply just run around.

this is something interesting i read in the mass mutation spell, it doesnt say anything direct but its diff. right at the end it says "followers attached to the effected unit cannot be transformed as they are not worthy of such gifts. so im thinking they cant just choose to pull out some chaos power and make a super jump.. lol

im leaning more towards now that i cant fly over the wall if i wish because i would break coherancy. ya i cant spell that lol..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    95 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Khamal
    i wonder if my hounds will run around it? and even so what if i do come across where you cant simply just run around.
    As I understand it, Hounds are a bit of Wargear.

And gear needn't cause its owner any coherency concerns.

It's Followers that have to worry about keeping up, not gear.

Ex. A Fast MoT Lord with the 'Gift' Power is a bad idea.

Why? Because Spawn become Followers and hold him back.

Thralls are Followers too. Fast guys take Familiars instead.

Familiars are specifically noted as considered in b2b at all times.

Hounds taken as Wargear options are Daemonic in nature.

But, how do they get around obstacles? Well, they just *do*! ;- )

Playa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In our store we have one person who has this issue. we simply assume the dogs keep up with him somehow because they're wargear.

He promptly modified one of his daemon princes to show him throwing the dogs hammer-toss style.

We're guessing in any other scenario, they fly with him, in this case the guy tosses 'em

ForgottenKnight2001

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast