Brainstorming on Lost and the Damned - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brainstorming on Lost and the Damned

im looking to start at least a 2000 point Lost and the Damned army from scratch. Ill be heading back to iraq here in a few months, and as the situation there has improved i expect to get a lot of painting done when im not on guard duty. i don't have to purchase all my models before i go, as ill be able to order via the web.

im asking for any input into force building. ive done a tentative list, but it's not final. im interested in doing an army that is basically a rogue marine chapter with rogue guard allies. no offence to you chaos folks, but i think the mutated marines / demons look kinda dumb. i think it will be nice to have an IG army with some serious marine assets, that is also really dark and evil.

at this point i would appreciate any tactical advice (as to what chaos guys to use), and some fluff / paint scheme ideas. i want to use a lot of fast attack (raptors and rough riders) backed up by a leman russ and a defiler. im kinda torn between taking bikes or termies as my elite choice. probably termies as my infiltrating traitor squads can bring a homer.

thanks a lot

Justin

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LaTD is IMO the most flexible list around, more flexible than even Guard with it's silly Doctrines and Inquisitor Allies. You can take Kroot and Marines, Guard and Daemons, Tanks and Defilers, etc. It gets nasty fast.

My army is actually more of a large horde soaking up the firepower for an elite few. 6 points for a mutant is a true bargain, seeing as they can form a 30-model T4 meatshield for Powerfist Wielding Aspiring Champions and Agitators.

Currently, my army looks like this before paying for any specific upgrades,

1 Chaos Lord
    3 Aspiring Champions (leading Mutants)
    3 Obliterators
    90 Mutants
    45 Traitors
    2 Sentinels w/ Multi-laser
    1 Hellhound
    1 Defiler (I'm converting a Mechwarriorark Ages model for this)

This leaves me 253 points to spend in upgrades.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm actually considering the same thing... i've got my chaos army finished and i want to make some of my models work double-time. As for dumb-looking Daemon models, BAH! who could say no to a daemonette

This is all on what i've heard of Lost and the Damned, so take it with a grain of salt. Traitors are considered a fairly poor buy, 8 points a peice for a squad, and if they are your compulsory choices then they HAVE to be 15 models strong at least. However, you CAN get them into infiltrating squads of 5, which is perhaps the best way to infiltrate a heavy weapon.

Mutants: i'm not sure how many mutants you'll be taking, if any at all but:
    Slaaneshi upgrade is regarded as the worst, considering most people play space marines, its a little difficult to make them run with just a -1 to leadership.

Nurgle upgrade: is regarded as the best, it adds to the survivability of the mutant squads, i am considering just converting some fantasy chaos warriors and giving them this upgrade, even though my army fluff isn't for nurgle, but slaanesh.

Khorne upgrade: seems good at first, but considering that armor save is probably not a good idea.

Tzeentch: i've heard surprisingly little about this upgrade.

no upgrade: mutants are cheap enough as it is, they ARE meatsheilds, no doubt about it, but still an absolute horde of them could be terrifying to an opponent (much like an ork army whose massive amount of models take up their entire deployment zone)

Big mutants: usually are neglected in favor of possessed.

I think there was a LatD tactica that was started a while back, might want to search for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mixing Ork, Zombie, Catachan, and the Chaos Mutation sprue makes awesome L&D guys. And you say your going back to Iraq? Whats it like because I have to go over in about 3 months.
    You cant say manslaughter without laughter!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Traitors generally aren't worth it, but in my case, I use them. The reason I am going for large mobs of them is that they have such crap morale that they need to take a few hits before rolling to run. By the time they are ready to break, I hope to have my "Defiler" next to them to provide that extra boost of morale (As my guys are pirates, the Dirge Caster is a giant Jolly Roger hoisted on the back of the walker...aargh!).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phsycopath Of Doom
    Mixing Ork, Zombie, Catachan, and the Chaos Mutation sprue makes awesome L&D guys. And you say your going back to Iraq? Whats it like because I have to go over in about 3 months.
    what's iraq like? hehe, nothing like it was, i hope. i went in with the 4th infantry in april of 03, and after about 9 months of living off the land, we finally started to get some comodities like showers, and an occasional phone call. im sure that by now quality of life has greatly improved.

after our 10th month we had running water and electricity, and mail was coming regularly. my wife mailed my xbox to me, and several other guys had them too. we ran about 200 ft of lan cable and actually managed to play a 12 person game of halo =)

+ Reply to Thread