Can't Decide what to get next.... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't Decide what to get next....

Hey guys i'm new to the fourms here and I have a question. Well, first off, I have just recently bought a Chaos Battlechest and the codex and a lord, my friend also bough a codex,battleforce, and lord but for necrons. We are thinking about adding more stuff to my armies and i dont know what to add. I kinda like the berzerks with all the attacks but i feel like im lacking range without my Rhino w/ havoc launchers but rhinos really arent that strong. So i need to know what else to get to build a better army or corse army. Also any strategies agains tthe cheap ass necrons, I fought my friend twice and lost both times, I hate ill be back!! :mad:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

welcome to the forums first off.

secondly, don't feel bad about necrons, thay are extremely hard to kill.

do you mean the battle force??

if so, i'f look into another chaos space marine squad, a predator/dreadnaught (which ever fits your style) and maybe a few havoks.

ok, against necrons,
    -plasma guns are gold, well, anything with AP3 or less.
    -i like taking a bike squad and giving the champ the Ether Lance, AP3 flame template *drool*
    -remember, "we'll be back" rolls are only on wounds that they CAN take armor saves, so every champ should have a power weapon(fist, claw, sword), each squad should have a plasma gun or melta

i used to play necrons for a long time and now i play as chaos, if you have any questions feel free to Private Message me about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

I'm the all-singing all-dancing crap of this world. I'm the toxic waste by-product of Gods creation.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

I'd get those berzerkers along with a support squad (troops with bolters) for more fire. After that either some obliterators or a dreadnought. This will still keep your army balanced and give it an edge in cc. Charge into those necron warriors with the berzerkers and get em' to phase out quicker. :cool:
    "My father is the jailhouse. My father is your system....
    I am only what you made me. I am only a reflection of you"
    -Charles Manson

Fluff Masters Clan Leader
    Super Villians
    Order of the Shadowy Flame
    Votewar! Check It Out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

NotB is right, killing as many as you can quickly is the best tactic. Necrons that are 'down' count as dead for the purposes of Phasing out, even if they are able to take WBB rolls. Berzerkers would help with this, with their heavy weight of attacks and save-reducing axes.
    --Monsieur

"Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours"
    -Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

Junior Member Lord of the slaanshe's Avatar
    on the hard thing at the tip of your fingernail (England, Surry)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

use defeilers they ordanace can take down atleast a sqaud a turn plus with with indirect fire and alot of cover they cant shoot also includelots of powerfists and ap3 wepons for

Elites : Chosen termies

Troops : blood letters

Fast Attack : flesh hounds

Heavy support ; defilers

HQ : D. prince with strength and D. blade

with those units and amount of khorny attacks you cant go wrong :lol:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

Try and make your posts more legible, LotS, it's not too easy to see what you're trying to say there.
    Also, you can go wrong with those units, as they are very expensive and will leave you with so few models that are ub3r when they get to combat but will die to massed fire through sheer weight of fire and lack of bodies to absorb it. Try coming at my Emperor's Children with that- my sonic weapons would have a field day.
    --Monsieur

"Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours"
    -Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the slaanshe
    use defeilers they ordanace can take down atleast a sqaud a turn plus with with indirect fire and alot of cover they cant shoot
    ever since the defiler was released, i've never seen it take out a whole unit of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

General anti necron tip, go after the warriors (and whatever else contributes to the phase-out count). Forget things like monoliths and tomb spiders, unless they present a serious threat, ignore them and go for the phase out!

As mentioned by BK, WBB only works if the necron died from something they could have saved with armor but didnt. So kill em with power weapons, low AP guns, and instakills.

As for your army, I would throw in a pred with lascannons all 'round. Far better than a dread for anti tank, and with 3 shots you can fry heavy troops at a decent rate too.

I'm the all-singing all-dancing crap of this world. I'm the toxic waste by-product of Gods creation.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Redglare
    As for your army, I would throw in a pred with lascannons all 'round. Far better than a dread for anti tank, and with 3 shots you can fry heavy troops at a decent rate too.
    This is entirely up to you. Personally I like mobility (not surprising since my army is super fast) and I'd get the HB sponsons. If you go with lascannons all around your not gonna be able to fire one on the move. (Just 1 shot) So you'd better pick a really really good spot for it. Plus 6 S5 HB shots are actually quite good at helping necrons to phase out. Good necron players will sometimes have their troops teleporting all over the board, so you may find yourself moving the pred quite a bit.

But against necrons... I never use vehicles... Kinda a redundant post but o well... ^_^

P.S. Thanks to monsieurcartier for his continued support of my posts. It's nice to be appreciated. :cool:
    "My father is the jailhouse. My father is your system....
    I am only what you made me. I am only a reflection of you"
    -Charles Manson

Fluff Masters Clan Leader
    Super Villians
    Order of the Shadowy Flame
    Votewar! Check It Out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

See if you are going down the bezerk list your army is gonna be, predominantly, assault based, however, as people have said, I would recomend a defiler, two weeks ago my sons defiler on the first turn dropped his template on top of the cheif librarian of the ultramarines and a 10 man squad, every thing was wiped out. They are particularly against Necron as, unless they have a res orb or similar around, as well as range and numbers, they lose the WBB roll

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast