TEMPLATE SQUAD(undivided) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TEMPLATE SQUAD(undivided)

Ive decided to reorganise my army,This is the idea,By making template units of every unit i have and/or might use in a battle it will be easier and quicker to make an army list that is needed depending on the type of battle or the enemy im facing.This is the first unit template,the squad template is the base anything else needed will be added and the only things that will be removed are things that are in major contradiction to any majority of opinions in this forum so all replies are welcome.

Squad #1

1 aspiring champ-power fist
    -plasma pistol

4 marines-bolters
    3 marines-ccw & bolt pistol
    1 marine-heavy bolter
    1 marine-plasma gun
    all members have the mark of chaos undivided
    TOTAL OF SQUAD=203pts

Things i might do include giving the squad infiltrate or an icon incase i decide to use demons.

INNOCENCE IS NOT IMMUNITY

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your 'template' idea is good. And it's fairly common, too. I know that once I find a particularly useful or versatile unit, I tend to use that 'template' more and more often. I know some especially experienced players that can build any army at the drop of a hat by following some tried-and-true 'templates' for use against various races, scenarios, terrain, etc. I think every player gets to that point at one time or another.

As for your specific template, my only personal advice is that I would either make it shooty (tactical) or close-combat (assault), but not both. This unit is mediocre at both tactical and assault, but it doesn't excel in either. Think of this unit as a "Jack of all Trades, Master of None." Your entire army should be versatile, but each specific unit should be specialized. Understand?

I like the plasma elements in this unit, as well as the power fist. The guns of this unit would fare well against 3+ and 4+ save units alike. Not bad overall, but like I said: I'd pick either tactical or assault, and go all out in that direction.

Stay Up.
    -hype

I'm the all-singing all-dancing crap of this world. I'm the toxic waste by-product of Gods creation.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

I agree. As a chaos veteran of 7 years I use certain templates no matter what kind of chaos legion I'm playing as. The templates change very little, if at all. However, your template isn't such a good idea. Never mix bolt pistols with boltguns. With your set up they will not be very good at anything. You should have one squad for shooting, and one for cc. Both squads would compliment each other very well. Use one template for shooty units, and another for cc. This is a tried and proven technique and is highly recommended.
    "My father is the jailhouse. My father is your system....
    I am only what you made me. I am only a reflection of you"
    -Charles Manson

Fluff Masters Clan Leader
    Super Villians
    Order of the Shadowy Flame
    Votewar! Check It Out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easy fix.

i can fix this easy like.same points ,change the bp and ccw to bolters and give the aspiring champ a kai gun,i know i have one lying around somewhere.

for a close combat squad just change all the bolters to bp and ccw and keep the aspiring champ as the power fist swinging plasma shooting menace,and give the squad infiltrate.might give mark of khorne and make them elites(i think thats how it works)
    INNOCENCE IS NOT IMMUNITY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

I've been using templates a lot for my infantry sqauds and it makes it very easy and quick to make and effectieve list without much shifting to do.
    Something to perhaps add it 2 special weapons for your assault sqaud, either 2 flamers or 2 meta's is certainly gonna help them.

I'm the all-singing all-dancing crap of this world. I'm the toxic waste by-product of Gods creation.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by DEMONSLAYER
    what is a template
    A tried and proven set up for a squad that is designed for a specific task and can be used in almost any battle.

For example: an 8 man chaos squad including 1 champ, 2 meltas, and 5 with ccw/bolt pistols. Possibly with infiltrate. This would be a standard template for a tank busting, cc squad in my army. :cool:
    -Charles Manson

Super Villians
    Votewar! Check It Out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

I'm guessing we all do the template thing as 40K players. Here are a few i use, which I'm guessing you may to....
    Close assault:
    -Champion-Lightning claws or power sword/pistol
    -2 flamers
    -5 Bolt pistol/CC Weapon marines
    -Mark Undivided

Fire team
    -4 bolters
    -1 Lascannon
    -Undivided

Rapid Fire
    -6 bolters
    -2 plasma guns
    -champion w/combi melta
    -Undivided

I have seen plenty of people go with the 8 marines with a heavy bolter and plasma gun. I never really saw the point as the Heavy Bolter doesn't work wonderfully, and there is a middle ground where only the bolter can shoot.
    -5 marines
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x3)

Well, the most common I've seen in the 8 man squad, with a champ, plasma gun, lascannon, and bolters. That's some um interesting teplates you got there "Mouse". But to each his own I guess. Personally I've only ever seen your fire team with any kind of frequency.
    -Charles Manson

Super Villians
    Votewar! Check It Out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

As I said, one's I use. Plus remember they are plugged into an iron warrior army that is designed with 2 rhino squads that can pop out and shoot you, heavy supports with ordinance, and elites with 9 obliterators... thus they are template squads I use interchangably but may not work for you
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

+ Reply to Thread