Rate My Daemon Prince - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rate My Daemon Prince

He is maxed out almost never dies (except that one time a Grandmaster came at me... forgot about the Collar ) Took out a Eldar Avatar and Seer counsel easily. I find that the Glaive ensures wiping out most of a unit or the death of a character.

Wargear: Collar of Khorne 5pts, Feel No Pain

Gifts: Daemon Armor, Strength, Essence, Flight, Fire and Statue
    Daemon Weapon: Berserker Glaive

Mark Of Khorne

Last edited by HeraldOfChaos; August 3rd, 2005 at 03:18.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Ofcourse he almost never dies - he's completely illegal. He's 30 points over for Daemonic Gifts, and you can't give a model with the Glaive any form of speed enhancement (such as flight in this case.)

Drop the flight, since you can't have it anyways, and then find 10 more points to drop. I suggest dropping D. Fire and then swapping Armour for Aura. Then he'd be legal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Caluin
    Ofcourse he almost never dies - he's completely illegal. He's 30 points over for Daemonic Gifts, and you can't give a model with the Glaive any form of speed enhancement (such as flight in this case.)

Drop the flight, since you can't have it anyways, and then find 10 more points to drop. I suggest dropping D. Fire and then swapping Armour for Aura. Then he'd be legal.
    "Up to 100 points of which may be Daemonic Gifts" Right on the bottom of the Armory, unless thats changed. PLUS where does it say I can't have the Glaive without Flight.
    Last edited by HeraldOfChaos; August 2nd, 2005 at 01:02.

Senior Member Soviet_Tau_Commander's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILLEAGLE!!!

Way way way way way way way way way too many demonic gifts. I don't know if you know this, but it is clearly written in the codex as well as in the faq.

Gifts of the Gods (such as Collar of Khorne, or Feel no Pain) and Demonic Weapons, count twoards your 100 point limit for demonic gifts.

Also, you may not take any movement modifying gifts/wargear with the Berzerker Glaive.

A third thing, although not a bad one this time, Mark of Khorne (or any marks for that matter) do not count twoards any wargear limit.

Edit: You have the old version of the codex, same as me. There's an updated version, as well as a very detailed faq, out there where is specifically says that the berzerker glaive may not be taken with speed modifications.
    There once was a Lord named Vlad,
    Who's fighting skillz really were mad.
    He killed and he maimed,
    He spilled blood in Khorne's name.
    And the fact that he's legal makes me glad
    (special thanks to Uriel Zarium for the last line/touching it up)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfChaos
    "Up to 100 points of which may be Daemonic Gifts" Right on the bottom of the Armory, unless thats changed. PLUS where does it say I can't have the Glaive without Flight.
    The codex states that Daemonic weapons count towards the limit, as does gifts from Gods.

The FAQ for Chaos on the GW website states the bit about the Glaive, as well as the Third Edition Codex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dangit... You've got to be kidding me. The Glaive excludes transportation, not flight.

Senior Member Soviet_Tau_Commander's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not according to the new rules dude. I've been down the almost exact same road you were. The only difference is I only had 100 points of gifts and instead of flight, I had speed (so I could move 6+2D6+assault 12)
    There once was a Lord named Vlad,
    Who's fighting skillz really were mad.
    He killed and he maimed,
    He spilled blood in Khorne's name.
    And the fact that he's legal makes me glad
    (special thanks to Uriel Zarium for the last line/touching it up)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soviet_Tau_Commander
    ILLEAGLE!!!

Also, you may not take any movement modifying gifts/wargear with the Berzerker Glaive.

A third thing, although not a bad one this time, Mark of Khorne (or any marks for that matter) do not count twoards any wargear limit.
    OLD VERISON!? WTF is going on, I got this one not to long ago. F**KING Games Workshop, hate those mofo. My verison says can't ride a steed and etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soviet, whats ur AIM and could u get on line and talk with me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

708 (x8)

Almost every single person goes through this when they first read about the Glaive and think -

"Dang! That'd be great with Wings!"

Trust us... it is very illegal. I bought my Chaos Codex two weeks ago from Mail Order, and I got an outdated one sent to me. I didn't believe it at first either, but the FAQ does indeed say the Glaive can't be combined with speed enhancers. Sorry bud.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast