Slaanesh Bikers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Slaanesh Bikers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slaanesh Bikers

I have playing around with the idea of bikers for a bit and found that they get smoked to fast. So I am going to alter my stratgery.

Taking the Mark of Slaanesh on my Bikers. Is it worth? I think I may be the edge bikers need. Has any played with Emperor's Children Bikers? Any suggestion are welcomed.

Thanks

Profile think of using:

Two Squads of 5 Bikers
    Mark of Slaanesh, Furious Charge & Sonic Blasters, 225 each

Possible 15 attacks when charging in each group.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

I don't see what the point is - Mark of Slaanesh doesn't increase survivability at all. Only makes them fearless, and the Warp Scream. I can see because of the Sonic Blasters, switching form Rapid Fire to Heavy 3 is a very good upgrade, but then why would you want to charge with them? Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfChaos
    Possible 15 attacks when charging in each group.
    But, you get that without having to blow points on the Mark of Slaanesh.... I can see why you'd take the Mark and have a strong harrassing group with 15 shots on a 12" move... but why bother even charging?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Caluin
    I don't see what the point is - Mark of Slaanesh doesn't increase survivability at all. Only makes them fearless, and the Warp Scream. I can see because of the Sonic Blasters, switching form Rapid Fire to Heavy 3 is a very good upgrade, but then why would you want to charge with them? Am I missing something?

But, you get that without having to blow points on the Mark of Slaanesh.... I can see why you'd take the Mark and have a strong harrassing group with 15 shots on a 12" move... but why bother even charging?
    Heavy 3 or ASSAULT 2<--- 10 shots then CC.The warp scream basically adds one to their intiative. The Khorne mark on a bike is just stupid~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfChaos
    Heavy 3 or ASSAULT 2<--- 10 shots then CC.The warp scream basically adds one to their intiative. The Khorne mark on a bike is just stupid~
    What does it matter that the Sonic Blasters are Assault 2? Since they're mounted on Bikes, they can fire Heavy 3 without any negatives. And if you're going to be charging anyways, what is the difference between Rapid Fire and Assault 2? Bikers have no differences between them.

I can see the Warp Scream being useful, yes - but not if you're playing a unit for a fire support unit. It's better to keep the bikers between 13" and 24" to lay suprressing fire into units.

And how is the Khorne Mark on a bike stupid? +1 attack and fearless for 5 points? Seems like a deal to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    137 (x3)

I use a Slaanesh biker unit exactly like you describe. The mark, the sonic blaster, the charging, this unit is so effective it's just plain sick.

To answer the earlier question of why charge with them, well for me that is simple, I like to!

I play orks alot (9 out of 10 games: don't ask why, just endure the suckiness of that situation with me for awhile :p )

Orks are very good at getting into hand to hand, and very good at staying there once they do.

When there are no more targets for the sonic blasters these bikers are able to rescue beleagured marine squads, and they perform that job equally well.

Suffice to say that small units of Slaanesh bikers are just an affectation. These units are better suited to there jobs in squads of 8 or more.

Ork mobs really dislike being pummelled with 24 shots followed by 24 hth attacks then trying to retaliate against a 5 toughness. It's just not an ideal situation for them.

The only drawbacks are the amount of table space the unit occupies, the points cost of the entire unit, and the dollar cost for buying all those sonic blasters!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rapid fire only shot twice at 12" and I believe since a biker shoots a heavy and is techically not a vehicle, heavy shooting effects assaulting. Not sure yet, going to check.

[EDIT] Okay it applies only to infrantry. My bad. But I made my point with the 2 shots 12'' while the other shots twice at 24" regardless.
    Last edited by HeraldOfChaos; August 12th, 2005 at 01:57.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joker
    The only drawbacks are the amount of table space the unit occupies, the points cost of the entire unit, and the dollar cost for buying all those sonic blasters!
    Convert them! Look at what the look like and it pretty easy. I've done one already, I'll try to post it.

+ Reply to Thread