Iron Warrior model questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

Iron Warrior model questions

I'm planning out an Iron Warriors army, since, being the fan of really, really shooty armies that I am, it's only natural. However, I've got a few qestions about using their minis.
    For some reason, I've always gotten the image that the Iron Warriors aren't as 'Chaos-y' as the rest of the Chaos Legions-rather being more like evil Space Marines, but not being covered in spikes and impaled body parts and whatnot. So, with appropriate conversions (Proper paintjob, a few 8-pointed stars and the like), could regular Space Marine units be used for Iron Warrior models? Specifically, the usage of regular Space Marines and Dreadnoughts, rather then the Chaos versions, with appropriate conversions (Iron Warrior shoulder pads, ect.)

Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me.

Member of the Canadian Clan, eh.
    Mech Tau Cadre: 2000 points, needs paint and magnets.
    Paladins of Avalon (SW):-1500 points, needs paint.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you might have gotten the wrong impression about IW. If there's any legion that is un-Chaosy, it's probably Night Lords, since they don't actually worship any chaos god. However, I fully support your ideas about converting regular marines into IW. Maybe Grey Knights would work even better?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ex-nay on the SM Dreadnought-nay, unless you want be given weird looks. If you HAD to use SM Dreadnought, make sure your convert it very well. Perhaps a head emerging from the mutated hull.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just because iron warrior arn't very interested in deamons and because they keep there equipment clean doesn't mean that they are non chaos. They worship all the gods of choas, but prefer bionicall configuration to there damaged soldiers rather then help from the deamon power.
    On the other hand to you question. I think that the space marine dread is much better for the Iron warriors then the chaos one. Just make sure to make it Iron warrior style. But the marine... i dont know. because u will be looking at just plain silver, due to the fact that regular space marines dont have trim on there armour. This would look very plain... and way to close to the regular space marines. So i would segest getting chaos marine boxes instead, but its your choice.
    "Iron within, iron without."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfChaos
    Ex-nay on the SM Dreadnought-nay, unless you want be given weird looks. If you HAD to use SM Dreadnought, make sure your convert it very well. Perhaps a head emerging from the mutated hull.
    Actually i made a crazy configuration on my sm dread model. What i did was i got some green stuff and i put it sticking out of the body. I modeled it to wiring and hydrolics then i got the freddy mask from the defiler kit and put it on the green stuff. It makes it a crazy chaos figure. Il post a pic of it, if you want to see. And btw... thanks Herald... its now called the iron soul ...
    "Iron within, iron without."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

For the Dreadnought, I was thinking of using the standard SM Dreadnought, but chopping the centerplate from the Chaos Dreadnought and using that centerplate.
    For the Marines, I was thinking of using standard Marines, but with the Iron Warriors shoulderpads and the Iron Warriors Head #4.
    Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me.

Member of the Canadian Clan, eh.
    Mech Tau Cadre: 2000 points, needs paint and magnets.
    Paladins of Avalon (SW):-1500 points, needs paint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    95 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Broadside_Pilot
    I've always gotten the image that the Iron Warriors aren't as 'Chaos-y' as the rest of the Chaos Legions
    You know, I get that same feeling from the fluff.

The 4 Cult Legions sold their souls before the Heresy.

They were the original (Realm of) Chaos Legions.

Broadly speaking, Slaves to Darkness were WE/ EC.

Likewise, the Lost and the Damned were TS and DG.

The rest were afterward labelled 'Traitor' or 'Renegade'.

BL, AL and WB were later tarted-up with Daemonic fluff.

As a consequence, their lists did seem more 'Chaotic'.

But IW and NL seemed to keep their Renegade flavour.

More recently, NL were 'used' to pimp a new Daemon.

Now, IW is the only Legion not Daemonically 'tainted'.

could regular Space Marine units be used for Iron Warrior models? Specifically, the usage of regular Space Marines and Dreadnoughts
    WYSIWYG is in the RB to avoid confusion during play.

All of my CSM are a mix of every sort of SM/ CSM fig.

There's never been any doubt what they represented.

Good luck, and have fun!

Playa

+ Reply to Thread