Are Noise Marines Worth The Points? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an upcoming game aginst a friend of mine who plays tau. He has a 1 hard back and 2 hammerhead tanks one with an ion cannon the other with a railgun. I've decided to add two squads of noise marines to my heavy support instead of 3 havoc squads. I would like to know if they are worth the points and would they be effective aginst his heavy support or should I change it to something else?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I don't know how you would make noise marines heavy support unless u were playing emperors children and gave them all blastmasters... but I would not suggest that against tau, if my memory serves me right, they only have 36" range, and trust me, they wont last too long anyways, the first target for tau in the first turn are either troops that landed or will land w/in 12 of their front line, or your heavy support, and they probably wont get to fire many shots off before they get worked. Maybe a squad of havocs w/ 4 missile launchers, then maybe a heavy bolter or 2 thrown in somewhere in your army to mow down the firewarriors.

Mad Props to Angel_of_Rust for the sig.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He could Have Noise Marines as Heavy Support If he just gave Havocs the mark of slaanesh. But of course he cannot do that if his lord/daemonprince has a mark other than undivided or slaanesh. I would go with havocs with Missile Launchers. if memory serves correct battle suits have TO 4 so you can instant kill them with krak missies and Ill bet he will have some battle suits or whatever they are called.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noise Marine Havocs are a good idea but don't use them for taking out crisis suits; they instead destroy fire warriors with their ap 4 blast thingie.

If you need to destroy crisis and broadside troops use lascannons/missile launchers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

use noise marines and mix the weapons in the squads, noone said you have to use either only noisemarine weapons or heavy weapons, use both: 2 lascannons 2 blastmasters, other squad: 2 rocket launchers 2 blastmasters, range and power combined

Closed Thread