Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I'm bored at work, so I went through the Codex to see if I could random things that were interesting. Just random tidbits of information I found amusing. Some of these may be new to people, some may be old news. Some may be things that are spelled out clearly, just people don't seem to notice (such as the case with #9) Some may be flat out wrong. Feel free to correct me if you think I am wrong. Feel free to add your own. I'll probably add more later.
1) Chosen aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be. Finding new inventive ways to use them every day. May write up an article on them soon.
2) Special weapon choices in Marine squads don't require you to replace your standard weapons. Note that certain marks might invalidate this for that particular squad.
3) Raptors get the Hit and Run rule for free. Everything else is paid for in their profile. Conversly, Chaos Bikers get no point reductions, other than the fact that they're regular Joe marines that can ride bikes.
4) The Plasma Cannon listing is missing from the Chaos Codex. Using it on the Dread requires you to reference another book.
5) Edited out - Mistake #1
6) The Kai Gun, although mentioned as a Two Handed weapon, can be wielded one handed by a Statured Lord. Edited due to clarification, thanks to Lleu
7) There is no good reason not to take Stature when you have the Beserker's Glaive already.
7+1) Juggernaught of Khorne is the only way a Champ. can get extra wounds.
9) A Defiler has a Weapon Skill on par with the average Fire Warrior. (You'd be amazed at how many people don't realize it's so low.)
Last edited by Caluin; August 20th, 2005 at 22:57.
something i find funny is obliterators having a 2 initiative which never counts as they never run away and always strike last i combat.
-i too am bored in work
Last edited by deathmonkey; August 20th, 2005 at 17:29.
i know.. i have plans to have some in my undiv and deathguard armiesOriginally Posted by Caluinthey don't have to.. standard rule is you can't have 2 2h weapons.. but you get to keep the CCW... not sure if you get the extra attack tho2) Special weapon choices in Marine squads don't require you to replace your standard weapons. Note that certain marks might invalidate this for that particular squad.ok that's really cool about the raptors.. so they pay for the CCW and the jump pack but not the vet skill.. might be why you can give them a second.. erm so what does that mean about the bikers??3) Raptors get the Hit and Run rule for free. Everything else is paid for in their profile. Conversly, Chaos Bikers get no point reductions, other than the fact that they're regular Joe marines that can ride bikes.ewww just what i want to give to something that has any potential to shoot my own people... an ap2 weapon.. this is kinda why i'll take a defiler before a dready4) The Plasma Cannon listing is missing from the Chaos Codex. Using it on the Dread requires you to reference another book.errr where'd you find this? is this a case of the infamous Chaos Codex multi-print? cause that'd suck i do use them with tank hunter in my infiltration army5) Tank Hunters skill doesn't work with regular Bolters.it lets you take a shooty weapon for a statured lord plus a nasty CC Daemon weapon...6) The Kai Gun, although mentioned as a Two Handed weapon, can be wielded one handed by a Statured Lord. I see no reason as to why the Codex bothered pointing this out, as it still doesn't count as a pistol.termie armor is better.. if you're not going to be able to move fast don't make the crazy khorne lord a target7) There is no good reason not to take Stature when you have the Beserker's Glaive already.plus they look cool7+1) Juggernaught of Khorne is the only way a Champ. can get extra wounds.Who cares.. i ususally never come out of hiding and the battle cannon doesn't use BS9) A Defiler has a Weapon Skill on par with the average Fire Warrior. (You'd be amazed at how many people don't realize it's so low.)
Ah, that standard rule only applies to people taking equipment from the Armory, which these Marines are not doing. But it really makes no difference. The pertinent point I was making is that you can swap the CCW for the Plasma Pistol, so that you can still have a ranged attack that won't kill you at a bad moment.Originally Posted by glasswalkernyJust a comparison of the FA choices, is all.Originally Posted by glasswalkernyThat's not the point. The point is that in order to use an option you get, you have to reference a seperate codex.Originally Posted by glasswalkernyAh ha! Mistake #1, thanks for pointing that out. The BBB has an updated Tank Hunters rule that allows any weapon. Will have to edit that one out. (Originally, I found this rule twice in the Chaos Codex - just a matter of new rules over writing old ones)Originally Posted by glasswalkernyWell, you couldn't take a nasty CC Daemon Weapon, since you can only have one per army, but you could've taken the CCW, or a power weapon, or whatever you wanted, even before I had pointed this out. You just can't use them both in CC. But, since the Kai Gun isn't a pistol, that doesn't matter.Originally Posted by glasswalkernyAh, but the Crazy Lord is already a target, due to having the Glaive. With Terminator armour, you're paying the exact same point cost as taking Daemonic Armour and D. Mutation, but now you're giving up the +1 Strength and +1 Toughness that Stature could've given you, which is a very big deal, especially when your Glaived lord is lit up by a ton of Lascannon shots that he can't easily avoid.Originally Posted by glasswalkernyWell, like I said above... not all of my musing may be shocking new ideas. Just because you don't care, doesn't mean someone else doesn't. Maybe some people actually like to have their Defiler in CC - after all, it is a Monstrous Creature.Originally Posted by glasswalkerny
Last edited by Caluin; August 20th, 2005 at 19:29.
Last edited by deathmonkey; August 20th, 2005 at 18:17.
Wow, you really cant use TH w/bolters.... that would be kinda pointless anyway though...
i feel pretty, o so pretty! I feel pretty, and happy, and High!
Have you ever thought about sitting down and re-evaluating your life?
"For every animal you dont eat, I will eat three"~Maddox
A) A model using a two-handed daemon weapon is not allowed to use a close combat weapon - By making it one-handed your statured lord gets his close combat ability back.Originally Posted by Caluin
The whole 'pistol' thing has been debated many times before - Having two one-handed weapons gives you an additional attack in close combat. It doesn't matter if they're pistols or close combat weapons, just that they're one-handed.
Ah, you're correct. Me thinks I need to re-read the BBB for the eighth time.Originally Posted by Lleu
10) Bikers can't wield two CC weapons at the same time due to need to control the bike - yet they can wield Great Weapons that require two hands.
11) A Twin-Linked bolter is the exact same thing as a Combi-bolter. They even have seperate entries on the weapons table. Only one unit gets the Twin-Linked bolter. (It was probably left in for consistency sake with the SM codex)
12) Your basic Chaos Marine has a higher leadership value than your basic Space Marine. That's right - the band of outlaws, devoting their lives to Chaos have better leadership than the guys with strict tactical doctrines and rigid, daily routines.
13) Tip - If you're going to Master-Craft a close combat weapon, just buy Spiky Bits.
14) Deathguard cannot take autocannons, but Deathguard Terminators can take Reaper Autocannons.
Might think of more later.
Night lords see any worship as weak and thus a fluffy list should not have any Mark of Chaos Undivided. And yet they capture furies.
Means I'm paing 2p more for a personal icon instead of MoCU to summon them, and don't get any moral rerolls.
Such is the price of fluff.
Raptors are mutated, night lords, which field many raptors, have the most stable gene-seed and do not mutate...
Oh, and for #7+1, have you forgotten daemonic essence?