expensive but can be worth it!!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

expensive but can be worth it!!!

Having recently been to the GT heat 1 with my mates and doing not too badly either, i had it pointed out to me there, that i wasn't using all of the availiable options open to me via me list and after looking at it im forced to admit that they were right, ive never taken chosen, or possesed marines in any game and now ive looked at it i have seen an option availiable to all chaos players (though for some (Khorne namely) this is a lot better though more expensive) what am i talking about well its this;

A chosen unit of champions with demonic; speed, strength, mutation. a pistol, power weapon
    furious charge, and frag grenades.

Now this all costs 67pts per model and if you have the minimum of 5 =335pts like i said before expensive but, you now have a unit of blokes who have; ld 10, a guarenteed 19'' move (discounting difficult terrain of course), with 25 initiative 5 st 6 (on the charge) power weapon attacks and if you want that extra anti tank (monolith/land raider) ability add 5 points and one of the guys can have a powerfist which is still 'hidden'. now as you can immagine a Khorne ubit with this will have 30 attacks guarenteed but if they take fury of Khorne these 5 blokes can put out up to 40 power weapon attacks (yes possibly 8 attacks each!!!).

Now add a sorcerer with a familiar to this unit with the same and you have a bloke that will fight simultainiously with a broodlord and probably whip his ass in cc.

This unit would only ever turn up in my tournament army where one of my cc squads is almost the same points value. Definetly not in friendly games.

WARMASTER of the SCHOLA PROGENIUM Alnwick Chapter (soon to be the world)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, but you can't give possesed deamonic strength, due to the fact they already have it in their profile. Read the possesed discription in your codexs carefully and you will agree.
    "Iron within, iron without."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

66 (x2)

I wasn't talking about possesed, I was talking about chosen champions. I only mentioned them cause I don't use them either. Same with obliterators (and for an Iron Warrior thats saying something)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh, alright i c now. But still i think its a big waste. I tried something like this before in a fun game. They got shot to death so quick. Anyway if u will go for speed modifiers i would go for flight, because i can just terrain, which if you will use for sure unless u want them to die quick.
    Last edited by PUR1F1ER; August 28th, 2005 at 00:12.
    "Iron within, iron without."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Chosen are extremely useful. The greatest strength of the Chaos Codex is that fact that they're so customizable, they can do just about anything. Add in the fact that a unit of Chosen CAN do anything, and you've got a unit that will do just about anything you want it to.

If you don't go overboard.

People tend to have two outlooks on Chosen - either they're expensive Marines, or they're point sinks. The trick is to find the middle ground. Spending too many points makes them unefficient; not spending enough makes them over priced Troop choices.

I prefer a ten man group. Four of them are ACs, given a number of upgrades, but not so many that they're top heavy. Six men are normal Red Shirts for the squad. A Rhino gives them a boost of speed.

Or, you can easily make a power unit. A unit of Khorne bikers can have 5+d3 power weapon attacks each on the charge, with free attacks for every six rolled, for the tidy sum of 100 points per model.

There are quite a few tricks I've learned to keep your Chosen in the battle longer. They're one of my favorite units, right behind Havocs and Raptors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

66 (x2)

I know what you mean about being shot to bits but the whole point of having these guys is to have them get there and with a potential 24'' move then it is a real possibility that they will, but you could for an extra 15 pts swap the speed for dem flight and add infiltrate and as i said id NEVER use these guys in a friendly game, only in tourneys where things like this are expected.

+ Reply to Thread