Tzeentch Havok Squad - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tzeentch Havok Squad

Ha, thought that would get your attention, as we all know, Thousand son armies cannot take havoks, however they can take chosen, so couldnt you just make a havok squad out of them and use them exactly like a havok squad? And you would have plenty of cushin (sp?lol) to keep your shooting guys outta danger :p.

Just something I thought about, because I have never feilded a havok squad or really seen them in action... so I was trying to figure out a way to incorporate them into my list... and I think I found it

-Centum

You Can't Stop the Eighp

Had Tzeentch before I knew how to play :P

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

While you can, it's not a great idea. The Chosen get psychic powers instead of the extra wound, and while you can indeed get Heavy weapons should you choose, you're paying 101 points per Missile Launcher. The Mark of Tzeentch is practically wasted on the Chosen in this case. If you decide to give them some psychic powers, they become horribly expensive.

A squad of four missile launchers, at the least expensive, is 404 points. Lascannons are 449. So while it's possible, it's cost prohibitive.

Good find, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    201 (x4)

If i remember correctly, every chosen with the MoT is a sorcerer. So why don't you buy each chosen the bolt of change (?) psychic power (S8 AP2) at 57 points the models. You can mix it with doom bolt using it as heavy bolters.

Not sure if every chosen sorcerer have access to the psychic power list, i do not have my codex right now.
    MindRaked
    CHAOS Undiv.: won 14/22 games EC: 4/7 WE: 6/9 DG: 10/15, TS: 3/7 Orks : 13/20 SM NL : 1/6 TAU: 14 of 24 IG: 3/7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorcerers don't HAVE to take powers (though I fail to see why one wouldn't). For anti-tank firepower, I suggest using predators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O I failed to mention, that this would be a Tzeentch Havok Squad, so there would be tons of Doom bolts and Bolt of changes, however there would b some padding between them and the danger, so there would b some "regular marines." So they take the shots... or maybe just some Chaos spawns , Give each chosen like 2 Chaos spawns or thralls and spawns... that way they have like 5 wounds each :p

I wanna try it. But I dont get to play so often anymore :'( lol.

-Centum
    You Can't Stop the Eighp

Member Iron Warrior w/ Servo Arm's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's way too costly to be worth it.

However, I do have a unit of 9 chosen in a LR, might not always make back their points, but deadly nonetheless.
    Servo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just give em daemonic essence and a thrall and send em packing with a bolt-o-change...now that i think about it a squad of flamers with just doom bolt might be just little more cost effective
    40K:
    1500pts GK - WIP
    Warmaster:
    2000pts Skaven 0/4/0 I'll get there enventually
    Fantasty:
    2000pts Khorn 20/4/2 - Retired

"I have a new ship, i'ts called the Lollipop." "I have no Information on that ship" "It's new, just been commissioned, It's a good ship!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can't take essence. I suggest a squad of 10, 4 with 2 thralls and bolt of change. majority save still being 3+.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    201 (x4)

Hi again !!

Now that I have my codex with me, I can confirm that Chosen with the MoTzeentch May select from the Psychic Powers and Equipment of the armoury, which mean that all your Chosens, as well as all your possessed with the mark of tzeentch can be equiped with bolt of change, inferno bolt, doom bolt, thrall, ... Without having to be an aspiring champion. P.59 CSM codex, "The Mark of Tzeentch".

Then, you can build a squad of chosens or possessed "Havocs" using psychic powers.

I knew I was right.
    MindRaked
    CHAOS Undiv.: won 14/22 games EC: 4/7 WE: 6/9 DG: 10/15, TS: 3/7 Orks : 13/20 SM NL : 1/6 TAU: 14 of 24 IG: 3/7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol when I was having real trouble with the 'nids I always would play, in a 2000 pt game i made to squads of possessed with talons and every single one of them had gift of chaos, and they were in a rhino :p he did NOT like that, sure it chewed up alot of my points, but boy was he mad when I changed his carnifexes, warriors and hive tyrant into spawns :p along with like 7 gene stealers and like 12 gaunts

I did win that one, but now he knows how to deal with it

-Centum
    You Can't Stop the Eighp

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast