Your thoughts on Dedicated Vehicles? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Your thoughts on Dedicated Vehicles?

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but two searches brought up nothing. So let's see what everyone thinks about the subject.

Vehicles of Chaos can be Dedicated to particular gods, and gain an upgrade for doing so. The question I have is this -

Do you think this counts as giving the vehicle a Mark of Chaos?

Let me explain how I came to this question -

1) The Chaos Codex never refers to vehicles having a Mark of Chaos. It's always "Dedicated to a Chaos God".

2) In the Army List, under each Vehicle, it doesn't mention being able to give a vehicle a Mark of Chaos, like it does for all other eligible units (Chosen, Marines, etc.)

3) The entries for Night Lords and the four Cult armies specifically ban the player from taking vehicles dedicated to a Chaos God. Alpha Legion, Iron Warriors, and Word Bearers do not have this restriction in their list. (Can anyone that has a Third Printing Codex verify this is still the case?)

4) Lastly, the Mark of Khorne. All models with the Mark of Khorne have Blood Frenzy. Vehicles are still models. Blood Frenzy gives +1 attack. So, if we accept that Dedication is the same as giving a Mark of Chaos, Dreadnaughts get +1 attack AND the Destroyer ability, as Destroyer does not over ride Blood Frenzy.

Now, this may all prove completely pointless if point #3 comes back as a GW over-sight. Since I have only the Second Printing, and none of the FAQs address this, I can't confirm.

So what do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never take the upgrade for my predator in my 1k sons army as no opponent ever gets close enough to take the hits from the chattering gargoyles which are protecting tzeentch dedicated tanks. It probably would be handy on a dreadnaught but i dont have one so i never take it.

*Painting In Progress*
    *Planning Stages*
    Thousand Sons of Chaos, Melekh's Host - 2000 Pts
    Ogre Kingdoms, Tribe Of The Blooded Gut - 3500 Pts
    Khorne Daemonic Legion, The Hordes Of Blood - 2000 Pts
    Nurgle Possesed Ravenwing Army, The Rottenwing - 2000 Pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

48 hours, and one reply?

I'm not trying to start up an arguement - I just want to know what people think on the subject. Perhaps I should've posted this in the rules forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm, never thought of that before, but i guess your right...

World bearers (my army), alpha legion and Iron warriors say nothing about dedicating vehicles to gods, odd...

But nightlords and the four gods's armies do have restrictions....meh

On page 38, it has dedicating vehicles under the applying chaos marks, but it says "Vehicles can be dedicated to one of the four Chaos powers but this is not really the same thing as bearing a mark." Couldn't be any more vague could they.

Although Id assume it wouldn't be allowed its kind of wierd its only under certain armies restrictions.

Too... many... stupid loopholes... In GW's Rules... AGHHGHHGH... *Head explodes*

----Wizer1 Has logged off and will not be returning for awile-----

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thankyou for pointing out this loophole! My IW Vindicator will now be fitted with the warp flame ability as well as Mutation and the two possessions

I'm one of those people that everyone HATES to play, as I read rulebooks inside out, screwing up peoples plans whilst manipulating rules incredibly unfairly. Before the latest revision, I actually stopped my friend from using Daemonic stature as the model wasn't 10' tall :lol:. I have never seen someone that peeved off.

On the other hand, in a tournament using WYSIWYG rules, I used an unmodified Daemon Prince model from the GW line (the one with D Stature and the sword) and, wait for it... SAID THE SWORD WAS A KAI GUN!!! The tournament runner was about to kick me out, when I read the following paragraph to him:

"Just because a weapon is described as a blade or a sword does not mean it always takes this form. Modellers should feel free to represent a Daemon weapon how they wish, as long as it looks suitably impressive and they inform the opponant of what it is"

Just one of those "you have to be there" moments. I had about a dozen people reading every rulebook in the shop to prove me wrong, while I stood back with a satisfied grin

Let's turn this into the official rule manipulation topic. I've got a tournament coming up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

Ok I'll go first....(anticipates other posters)

Major problem Eldradir. Your army clearly breaks one rule (see 4th Edition Rulebook Page 5, Heading 4), and so no army list you make is legal.

There's a rules manipulation you've got to start thinking about in future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea i agree!!
    The whole part of Miniture Wargaming is to have fun and your opponents will clearly not be doing so.

*Painting In Progress*
    *Planning Stages*
    Thousand Sons of Chaos, Melekh's Host - 2000 Pts
    Ogre Kingdoms, Tribe Of The Blooded Gut - 3500 Pts
    Khorne Daemonic Legion, The Hordes Of Blood - 2000 Pts
    Nurgle Possesed Ravenwing Army, The Rottenwing - 2000 Pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dudes, when first prize for a tournament is $300+, I really don't care if my opponants go home crying, as long as I dont break any rules in the process.

Naturaly, Im not a complete ****hole, so I wouldn't do it in a friendly match (ie. no money involved )

If you have such moral issues with me doing so, check this website until the next 40k tournament is mentioned, then come and beat me with an even better army. Some challenge would be refreshing in a town with <20000 people

www.gameshq.com.au

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Eldradir
    I actually stopped my friend from using Daemonic stature as the model wasn't 10' tall . I have never seen someone that peeved off.
    Well, here's another rules manipulation for you - you cheated your friend out of a daemon prince. It has clearly said in all printings of the Chaos codex 10' tall TO SCALE. Wow, I'd really hate to play you. Not because i'm afraid of losing, it'd just be a totally ****ty game. If this is a tournament that takes place in the same way as proper GW events, you're going to get poor game for all of your sportmanship sections too, so you're certainly not going to win.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

Or to paraphrase Lord Of Change:

95% of the people of this forum fall into the 'Powergamers should be shot' category.

I don't think you could have posted anything worse to ingratiate yourself with the people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast