Thralls and Familars - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thralls and Familars

AS the topic states, how do people model theres? I've been looking at the Hordes of Chaos for familars and is going to get the scroll bearer as the familar. so how do u guys model urs?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

Most of my thralls are savants and astropaths from the inquisitor retinue, and i've also got a mutant eldar warlock and a lizardman skink priest to act as kinda enslaved xenos who have turned to Chaos, or may have been horribly mutated in the case of the skink. I'm also working on using goblin parts and genestealer hands to make thralls that look like the old horrors, with genestealer braincases attached to normal human heads and greenstuffed like a giant brain.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought thralls were like regular sorcrers (unware of their real use). Am I wrong?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, Thats how I view it too herald.

-Centum
    You Can't Stop the Eighp

Had Tzeentch before I knew how to play :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before my dive into the diseased depths of the Death Guard, I toyed with Thousand Sons for all of a week. I was planning to use the Mordheim Sisters of Sigmar novice figures for thralls - they are just plainly dressed, poorly armed humies, but I felt they looked the part of junior wizard(esses), so plumped for them. I also liked the look of some of the Chaos warband Mordheim figures, which are obviously more cultist-looking with their headgear. For familiars, any of the figures marketed as such in the Chaos range would do, but my favourite is the moon faced one, for what it is worth.
    If you like to convert figures, however, as I do, try mixing say Cadians with other stuff. Limit the wargear shown on the figures. Alternatively, try the Empire militia box for basic figures, with sundry weapon swaps, etc., from your bits box. Given the diversity of the universe, their clothing is largely irrelevant, as fashions would be largely region/climate dependent, as now. Why not Bretonnian peasants? Just a thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just another thought. Do you consider these thralls to be chained up and dragged along or just plain stupid? If the former, model them as such. Even if they are unaware of the purpose that awaits them, an unarmed, unarmoured dupe is still going to be more than a tad unhappy inside to be present in the carnage of the average 40K battlefield.
    If they want to be there, however, why not deck them out with various tomes, banners, robes, etc., proudly proclaiming their allegiance and fully expectant that their puny knowledge is vital to the battle plan?
    Final thought - what do the remaining ones do when the first one has his/ her life force sucked out (or whatever) to fuel another Bolt of Change? Does Ahriman have a PR man to quickly convince the others that their colleague has just nipped out for a moment? Perhaps they are not dead, though, just tired from helping out. So long as there is a friendly stretcher party around to get them home and keep them out of the clutches of the Imperium's finest, I am sure the others would not be too concerned.

It looks like I favour the brainwashed dupe at least partially bound up format.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh, so mindless automaton it is. But random body parts is just friggin weird and makes no sense.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

I'm a strong beliver in the use of thralls and I make use of many a fallen human sorcerer in my Thousand sons army.
    To modell them Itook the old plastic woodelf archer and chopped his arms off. Then I made a gasmask from greenstuff from the mask goes tubings to a "thingie" on his back. bah, this will yake forever to describe and you won't get it anyway I'll post some pics soon

Andusciassus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i really like the idea of useing the farmiliars form the fantasy range, but Ive seen people use the Cultist models from yhe classic range.
    40K:
    1500pts GK - WIP
    Warmaster:
    2000pts Skaven 0/4/0 I'll get there enventually
    Fantasty:
    2000pts Khorn 20/4/2 - Retired

"I have a new ship, i'ts called the Lollipop." "I have no Information on that ship" "It's new, just been commissioned, It's a good ship!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

I don't think that they're necessarily chained up - it's more kinda "If you let us sacrifice you, then Tzeentch will favour you and you'll go to a wonderous afterlife!" whereas actually they go to a daemon world to be tortured for all eternity, like all the other poor suckers who fell for Tzeentch. Or, they could be enslaved or puppets like Eisenhorn used in Hereticus, or simply held in place by a psychic lash. Besides, i doubt that any thrall would have any doubts about being able to escape on a battlefield full of thousand sons - something about them having the stats of a guardsman and no armour...
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast