Death Guard OR Thousond sons? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Death Guard OR Thousond sons?

i recently got a 400pt force of necrons and didnt realy like em so i was looking at other races and i am stuck between Death Guard OR Thousond sons i like the fluff and units of the Death Guard but the whole see into the future thing with Thousond sons sounds good 2 lol eny 1 have eny opinions on this lol im kinda in a poor family so after i decide it will take a wile to get the moddles cuz the 400pt necrons broke me :rofl:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Plague
    i recently got a 400pt force of necrons and didnt realy like em so i was looking at other races and i am stuck between Death Guard OR Thousond sons i like the fluff and units of the Death Guard but the whole see into the future thing with Thousond sons sounds good 2 lol eny 1 have eny opinions on this lol im kinda in a poor family so after i decide it will take a wile to get the moddles cuz the 400pt necrons broke me :rofl:

I own both a sizable Death Guard and Necron force, and they are pretty similar. Both don't have access to the longest range of weaponry, and both are pretty tough. I am not that familiar with TS, but they also seem pretty tough. I think the difference, in part, comes to Aspiring Champions and Independent Characters. Death Guard are meant to be hardy in hand-to-hand, and TS seem all about the Sorcery. If you like things straight forward, I think go Death Guard. If you like finesse, trickery, and the reliance on spells that can do some tricky things, pick TS. (I hope some of the other chaos players agree with me).

By the way, for future posts, try to avoid netspeak like "lol" and "rofl." It's in the forum rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    201 (x4)

My death guard experience

Hi, I own a Death Guard Army which cost me about 250$ (2 000 points army)

First, if you're okay with convertion, i suggest to buy the small boxed set of 4 plagues marines + 4 khorne berzerkers that usualy cost between $ 6 and $ 10 at your local dealer. Those are old boxes (1995 or so) and buying 4 of those + 4 nurgle special weapons blisters + 4 aspiring champions give you enough troops to field 4 squads of 7 plagues marines. Here is 100$ gone. (And you get 2 full squads of khornes berzerkers as a bonus).

Now that you have the core of your army, you have to decide which Heavy Support you will use. I bought 2 used Dreadnought and some greenstuff and fused all into 2 rusty dreadnought with tentacles and infected bleeding wounds. They look great. $ 25 for the first one, $ 33 for the second, we are not a $ 158. You should have about 1 200 points of troop.

Buy one rhino $ 35 (we're at $ 193). You'll need a lord and something like a possessed or daemons squad and you'll be happy. Oh and the nurgle's havocs squad is neat !!!

The army is nice to play and those guys can stand a lot of punishmen before falling. Plus, it's one of the easiest army to paint and convert. Used stuff is the best, since you only need to add disgusting elements on it and you're done.

One of my favorite army :rolleyes: .

As for Thousand Sons, I'm about to begin my army, so I don't know enough about it right now.

Good luck
    MindRaked
    CHAOS Undiv.: won 14/22 games EC: 4/7 WE: 6/9 DG: 10/15, TS: 3/7 Orks : 13/20 SM NL : 1/6 TAU: 14 of 24 IG: 3/7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

I personally think that Thousand Sons and Death Guard play somewhat similar to Necrons. I will admit I have no idea of most Necron rules, but do fully understand the world of Chaos. i would prefer thousand sons of death guard personally. Thousand sons have had some nice changes in their rules that fixed some severe limitations they had. They are striking at initiative 4 now, and always count as stationary when shooting. Combined with aspiring champions who take the bolt of change you can have a mobile force that can basically shoot a lascannon (str 8 though) while moving. Plus each one has 2 wounds, so they offer the staying power you need. Death guard do have their bonuses also, toughness 5 basic troops is difficult to play against any day, and i do like the daemons a little better than those of the thousand sons. You have to admit though... having a greater daemon with 6 wounds is pretty sweet....
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Zed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

Necrons can't be played in 400pt games. They are really good in large games, and okay in normal games, but there cost and phase out rules means that you just can't play them in small games. If the necrons broke you then try selling them. Why didn't you like them. Is it because you didn't like the way they play. If so you might want to consider choosing between the TS and DG for how they play rather than their fluff. I'd read over their style and what units/wargear they can have in the codex.
    "DICE FOR THE DICE GOD!"

And the almighty Dice God said to his followers "Thou shalt not speak ye words "anything but a one" For thou whoever'st speaketh this blasphemy will be cursed with thy rolls being of one".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AHGH i cant decide between ewny chaos gods now! (besides Khrone) haha im such a mooch some 1 plz help me?
    Last edited by Soul Plague; September 8th, 2005 at 01:27.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if your looking not to spend alot then the TS are for you. you require bery few units to have a powerful army. im looking at a $150(CDN) for a 1000 point army.
    40K:
    1500pts GK - WIP
    Warmaster:
    2000pts Skaven 0/4/0 I'll get there enventually
    Fantasty:
    2000pts Khorn 20/4/2 - Retired

"I have a new ship, i'ts called the Lollipop." "I have no Information on that ship" "It's new, just been commissioned, It's a good ship!"

+ Reply to Thread