daemonic speed question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

daemonic speed question

HI,

can I deploy a Lt with speed with a unit of CSM, move with em in the movement phase, leave them in the shooting phase with the fleet rule and then charge an enemy in the assault phase? (sry about that long sentence..)

thx

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, the rulebook states that an IC may only join or leave a unit during the movement phase. Additionally, your Lt would temporarily lose his Fleet ability if he joined a unit that did not also have it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Lleu is right. But there is a way to get what you want. Just move the IC along side the unit, but don't declare him as part of the unit.

Or, if you must deploy him with the unit, move him out of the unit during the movement phase. Then fleet during the shooting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean by "moving him out of the units in the movement phase"?
    Does he have to be more tha 2 inches away from the unit to be considerd not part of it or is it just a formality?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

Basically, if your IC is within 2" of a squad, he counts as being part of the unit, so he counts as another trooper and therefore gains majority armour bonuses, etc. If he's outside of 2" but closer than 6, he can't be targeted by enemy shooting unless he's the closest target.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lordofchange
    Basically, if your IC is within 2" of a squad, he counts as being part of the unit, so he counts as another trooper and therefore gains majority armour bonuses, etc. If he's outside of 2" but closer than 6, he can't be targeted by enemy shooting unless he's the closest target.
    I'm not so sure of that. It's really semantics, and probably not really worth discussing, but I'm bored at work, so here we go. Joining a unit requires two things - 1) Being in coherency of the unit, and 2) Declaration of joining the unit. So, the IC can be within 2" of the unit, and so long as you never declare he is part of that unit, he isn't.

Atleast, that's how I look at it. But really, we're talking the difference between 2", and isn't really worth arguing over. It's also kinda shifty - having an IC in the middle of the unit and not declaring him as part of the unit seems like an underhanded trick to play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Culin, I'm sorry but I don't think you've answered my question...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by 1aZe
    Culin, I'm sorry but I don't think you've answered my question...
    Well, you had two questions in your last post. The first one is easily found in the BBB. Basically, you just move the IC out of the unit. During the movement phase, you simply say "He's not part of the unit anymore".

The second question I did indeed try to answer, as did LoC. We just gave two different answers, as we disagreed on whether you have to be out of coherency to be considered out of the unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. The rulebook says to leave a unit an IC must move out of coherency with the unit.

2. Ignore LoC's reference to being with 6" for targetting as that was a rule from 3rd edition and doesn't apply anymore.

3. As Caluin said, moving an IC into coherency with a unit is not enough to join it, you must also declare that he is joining the unit. If you place your Lt next to or within your unit of CSM then he is still a separate unit. You should however make it clear to your opponent that he is not part of the unit for the sake of fairness.

By doing this you can shelter him from enemy fire and then fleet and assault whenever you want - without having to break off from the covering unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"The rulebook says to leave a unit an IC must move out of coherency with the unit."

And this must be done in the movement phase I presume? (not using the fleet rule..)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast