IF Oblits could take marks... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IF Oblits could take marks...

Heres my idea of oblits with marks, they vary and would have marks specialize them.

-Khorne could get have a oblit that uses twin link bolter, twin-link plasma pistol, axe of khorne, and a p fist. plus feel no pain and blood frenzy (so two dices are rolled for his movement).
    -Nurgle oblits could have twin link flamers, t link plasma, t link melta, plague weapon, and p fist. plus walks around with nurgle rot and nurgling infestation.
    -Slaanesh would have be nuts, t link sonic blasters, doom siren and a blaster master. plus warp scream. (would say combat drugs, but that would be overkill)
    -Tzeentch oblits, hmmm... this was harder to come up with. But because the oblit is a hybrid of metal, human, and daemon, i thought this may justify rubic stat with sorcerer. the oblit takes two major powers (perhaps the familar is part of him now), shoots inferno bolts, tlink bolter, tlink flamer, and has a p fist. Plus the wound and as stated above, 2 major powers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LoL....... that would be quite fun. Thought i still only see them as being iron warrior prime elites with massive lascannons and rockets and such.
    "Iron within, iron without."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Not a bad idea, but you need to keep it abseloutely minimal.. I certainly wouldn't play you with any of those.

There is a game balance reason why obliterators can only have the mark of chaos undivided.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that is a *****in dread pur1fier
    Creator and Head Patriot of USA Clan
    Head of Rap in the LO Music Clan
    "What can I say, I'm a repoholic. Just can't get enough of that repohol."
    I want everyone to remeber why they need us!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stay on topic please man, go to the gallery with that stuff. I don't mark reputation anyone because i am not a ****, but thats not fair man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfChaos
    I don't mark reputation anyone because i am not a ****, but thats not fair man.
    Also... umm.. cause you... well, can't?

Anyways, taking fluff out of it, IF 'Blits could field Marks of Chaos -

1) Khorne would be overpriced - they'd average shots only every other round, and then they're still slow getting into the fight. Deep Striking would help, but once they get into the fight, they're really not any better than a normal Oblit.

2) Nurgle - No point TLing the Flamers. Otherwise, seems okay. You would NEED to Deep Strike them, as all their weapons are close range, and their weapons/gifts are geared for CC.

3) Slaanesh is probably the most balanced of them. I agree with the no to combat drugs - that'd make them far too powerful. You could get away with not Deep Striking these guys, so that makes them more attractive.

4) Tzeentch - I don't think this would ever happen. The whole point of the Rubric is to keep mutations and the daemons apart from the Thousand Sons. While the Sorcerers are still susceptible to the Warp, they'd never be under the influence of the Rubric. But, fluff aside, I would think of him as a Sorcerer trapped in a Terminator's Rubric armour, of sorts. So, I would go power weapon (since that's the basic weaponry of the Rubric Termy), TL Combi-Bolter + Inferno Bolts, and a couple of Psychic powers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the Tzeentch Oblit' Id say, since he is a TS that has been mutated... which is fluffy... because if hes a sorceror then he wouldnt be turned to dust... and maybe he already was transformed before the rubic...

As for the actual use of the model, I would say, just having a few psychic powers, probably doom bolt, bolt of change, and then the minor pyschic powers... and just no gun... does anyone ever use a gun on a Sorceror?... I kno Tzeentch doesnt... :p

-Centum
    You Can't Stop the Eighp

Had Tzeentch before I knew how to play :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Centum
    For the Tzeentch Oblit' Id say, since he is a TS that has been mutated... which is fluffy... because if hes a sorceror then he wouldnt be turned to dust... and maybe he already was transformed before the rubic...

As for the actual use of the model, I would say, just having a few psychic powers, probably doom bolt, bolt of change, and then the minor pyschic powers... and just no gun... does anyone ever use a gun on a Sorceror?... I kno Tzeentch doesnt... :p

-Centum
    Since when is thousand sons being mutated fluffy? Thousand sons can't be mutated, it says clearly in the background because of the rubric sign. If you read the fluff it says that the rubric sign was performed to stop uncontrollable mutation, so even sons that were mutated before were changed back. Sorcerers that weren't turned to dust still can't be mutated, otherwise the sign would have been a big waste of power for ahriman as they would change into spawn again. That's tzeentch - you get exposed to the raw power of Chaos as a sorcerer and combined with the mutating power of Tzeentch you're gonna become a spawn QUICKLY.

I'd say for oblits, it'd have to be a TZEENTCH obliterator, not affiliated with thousand sons, simply a Chaos marine who worships Tzeentch but turned into an obliterator. As for weapons, i wouldn't go with psychic powers - not all followers of Tzeentch are necessarily sorcerers, the only reason the thousand sons have so many of them is because they had so many librarians and they didn't turn. I'd go more with something like a warp-powered flamer that does a load of damage and a power staff, but only give him one or two attacks - he can't be too good in combat. Maybe a twin-linked heavy bolter that fires inferno bolts. Anything flame-based or warp portal-based is just what Tzeentch is all about.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It says that they stopped the uncontrollable mutation, it doesnt say anything about the mutation being reverted, so they are back to normal... I mean, We can have Possessed, and they are mutated...

-Centum
    You Can't Stop the Eighp

Had Tzeentch before I knew how to play :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

No, we can have possessed that aren't mutated. They're still possessed, they just have no mutations. Even if they hadn't been reverted, they'd be dead by now, spawn at the least. When the mark of mutations there, a little thing like the rubric sign ain't gonna stop tzeentch.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast