Speical Caracter showdown whos best of all - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speical Caracter showdown whos best of all

Choas is a heavy caracter army who is the best over all lord

Is it the greater demons, Speical Characters, or home made lords

so heres the deal fluff wise who is scarier, stronger and best 1 on 1 or in an army

on the field who has most kills and point wise who is worth it points wise. please help i want to stop a fight my friend claims having 1 of to cheap lords is better than paying big for a name.

in my opion bile and abbdon are next to useless by themselfs but karn is best out by himself

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

You can't really compare it like that, you have to look at value for points as well.. Yeah, you can make a 200 point daemon prince who can beat anything.. but the challenge is making a 150 point daemon prince who can.

Personally, I'd say all the greater daemons are reasonably good value for what they can do. I'm not sure about the bloodthirster, as it seems a bit pricey to me, but I'll agree its a bit of a beast statswise.

I hate to say it, but I agree with your friend.. Big characters are generally a waste of points compared to more troops.

That said, I've fielded a keeper of secrets in 750 point games, and it's done quite well at times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alone, Kharn is the best, he only doesnt hit on 1s, and he has all those good khorne gifts...

I mean, 4 wounds and feel no pain... thats some good stuff.

-Centum
    You Can't Stop the Eighp

Had Tzeentch before I knew how to play :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not to mention feel no pain reduces instant death to regular wounds, so feel no pain does applies then. only time it doesn't is when a hit ignores armor save as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfChaos
    not to mention feel no pain reduces instant death to regular wounds, so feel no pain does applies then. only time it doesn't is when a hit ignores armor save as well.
    FnP does not redus instant-death, only a deamonic rune can which kharne luckily has, but he still doesn't get it when hit by an instant-death blow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about splitting it up then?
    1. who's the best one on one
    2. what would you rather have backing up your troops?
    3. also which in your opinion is the coolest?

i'll just answer 3 with kharn the betrayer. just the fact he's the only thing to hit on 2's wins it. although i've always wondered what it's like using a slannesh daemon prince

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfChaos
    What i meant to say is that d rune makes a instant kill wound regular and therefore can used feel no pain, WITH the exception of those that ignore armor save. i believe...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

It doesn't say it stops it being instant death, it just says "takes a single wound rather than being killed outright". Add to this that it's usually, in feel no pain situations, the wording "with a strength double the target's toughness", a strength 8 weapon will still disallow kharn his feel no pain save. Besides, what more could you want - put him in with a squad of berserkers and detatch him at the last second - he's ub3r!
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    293 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodrain
    Choas is a heavy caracter army who is the best over all lord

Is it the greater demons, Speical Characters, or home made lords

so heres the deal fluff wise who is scarier, stronger and best 1 on 1 or in an army

on the field who has most kills and point wise who is worth it points wise. please help i want to stop a fight my friend claims having 1 of to cheap lords is better than paying big for a name.

in my opion bile and abbdon are next to useless by themselfs but karn is best out by himself
    Questions like this have no answer. It depends on what they are up against.

Anyway, this is the end to a meaningless thread. Please think before asking any more 'how long is a piece of string' type questions again.

Ryan Dancey, Vice President of Wizards of the Coast, believed that TSR failed because of "...a near total inability to listen to its customers, hear what they were saying, and make changes to make those customers happy." Are you listening, Games Workshop ?

Closed Thread