making summoning banners for Death guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

making summoning banners for Death guard

This isnt just for deathguard players but i want to know what people used and if they have any pictures also do's n dont's and what models are good for it. thanks for any replys i get.

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Im helping him on his way to world Domination!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

For Death Guard banner I think the best choice is coming from the Beast of Chaos range.(Warhammer Fantasy gamesystem), i'm speaking about the Pestigor Standard Bearer. Take a look here
    and here
    Hope this will help.
    MEAT IS MURDER
    Hammerskin
    Nation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

I generally use Chaos warrior banners for all my Chaos banner needs - a bit of greenstuff and a modelling knife and you can make a tattered and rotted, perfect for Nurgle. And the banners are plastic and sturdy, so are very easy to work with.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are several suitable, in my opinion, plastic banners in the different sets, all of which I have used for different unit icons or personal banners on my own DG. The beastman regiment has a decent one hung with a very appropriate three skulls (see the Nurgle emblem if you don't follow the appropriate comment). The chaos marauders have two in the box, one a skull and metal bars affair, but the other, the better one, has a couple of skulls on rope and a tattered cloth banner, with hooks at the ends of the crossbar and a spearpoint. The ordionary goblin box has a goat skull-topped banner with a ragged cloth. My lord has a back banner made from a skaven one, just a post with the inverted triangle and three skulls again.
    With all these, and no doubt more, options, it should be relatively easy to find a friend or gamer locally who would have one or more free for swap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, I forgot to mention another option. If you want something unique, build your own from brass rod and paper, with chain, skulls, greenstuff, etc. to your heart's/ imagination's content.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

By far the simplest method is to use the trophy poles from the CSM sprue or the Chaos Vehicle Sprue and stick them on the marine's backpack Sashimono style. Icons don't have to look like anything in particular, after all. You could simply claim the skulls are saccrifices to the marine's patron deity/deities.

When I made my Slannesh terminators, however, I wanted something a bit special, so I used the banner from the Fantasy Lord of Slannesh, the one mounted on the beast of Slannesh. Beware using it on regular infantry, as it's extremely tall. But for Terminators, bikers and the like it might look really good. Of course, this won't help you with death guard at all, as the thing has a giant Slannesh symbol on it. So I'd concur with the others about the Pestigor Banner.

+ Reply to Thread