Dreadaxe: What do you use? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Dreadaxe: What do you use?

So far I'm thinking of using the Force Halberd from the Inquisitor range to represent my Lord's Dreadaxe but I think the blades too small...

What do you lot use to represent your Dreadaxes?

Current Projects:
    - Watch this space.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not to shure what that is But I think a Converted Berzerker axe might work okay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    201 (x4)

Don't worry !!

In the Chaos codex, it's written in the special rules section that you may choose to model the daemon weapons as you wish. So don't worry if the blade is too small, as long as you call it a dreadaxe on your list, you're free to model it the way you want it to look.
    MindRaked
    CHAOS Undiv.: won 14/22 games EC: 4/7 WE: 6/9 DG: 10/15, TS: 3/7 Orks : 13/20 SM NL : 1/6 TAU: 14 of 24 IG: 3/7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

I've not spent two days painting my Daemon Prince only to have him wield a pint-sized blade :tongue:

It would be a lot easier for me to just use the sword that comes with the Daemon Prince model, but I'll probably have trouble passing it off as a Dreadaxe.
    Current Projects:
    - Watch this space.

Outcast Shinigami thedrifter777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

The bloodthirsters axe works perfectly with the demon prince model. Try that.
    "Dare to be Naive"

If someone helps you, or you just like what they say, rep them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Zveroboy
    It would be a lot easier for me to just use the sword that comes with the Daemon Prince model, but I'll probably have trouble passing it off as a Dreadaxe.
    I wouldn't think so. Check out page 13 of the Chaos Codex, bottom left, second paragraph under "Unique Weapons". A sword as a Dreadaxe isn't unbelievable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Caluin
    I wouldn't think so. Check out page 13 of the Chaos Codex, bottom left, second paragraph under "Unique Weapons". A sword as a Dreadaxe isn't unbelievable.
    Hmm. I suppose I *could* use the default sword. It would at least allow me to finish the model tomorrow instead of waiting until Saturday for another blade.

Advantages of the default sword:

- I can finish the model tomorrow in a couple of hours instead of waiting for a component.
    - Can't be mistaken for a Dark Blade, being as a Dark Blade is a blade with no flaws or imperfections. The default sword is crisscrossed with runes and marks.

Disadvantages:

- Default sword. I like to customise all important characters in my army. All my Champions have different power weapons, I even used the Techmarine's power axe for one.

- The possiblity of coming up against a Diehard WYSIWYG player: "Oh my God no, that's not a Dreadaxe because it's not an axe. I won;t let you use that model it breaks WYSIWYG rules."

I'm probably just being pedantic about the WYSIWYG disadvantage, but I've never been a member of any gaming groups so I don't know whether most people would be cool with it.

The other disadvantage is probably one I'll have to swallow in order to actually finish the model before my deadline.
    Current Projects:
    - Watch this space.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Then model an axehead with greenstuff. Take an existing axe (the one with the small head) and create a larger head using green stuff.
    I do not criticize. I do not offend. All I offer is my opinion which means only as much as you make it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by LordCreampuff
    Then model an axehead with greenstuff. Take an existing axe (the one with the small head) and create a larger head using green stuff.
    I can barely fill a gap with green stuff.
    Current Projects:
    - Watch this space.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Zveroboy
    - The possiblity of coming up against a Diehard WYSIWYG player: "Oh my God no, that's not a Dreadaxe because it's not an axe. I won;t let you use that model it breaks WYSIWYG rules."
    Actually the Chaos Codex adds a little note on that subject to ensure that this can't happen. A daemon weapon can look like anything, provided it's suitably impressive looking.

I do hear a lot of players with legitimate grievances about people abusing this, though. Even I hate fighting a daemon prince.. technically, unless they're kind and tell you, you won't know what you're going up against until the damn thing is butchering your units and its player is slyly pointing out what it has. I use a greater daemon myself.. cost effective and uncontroversial.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast