A Few Questions about Rules Clarification - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

A Few Questions about Rules Clarification

I have a few rules questions that I'm having problems figuring out:

1) Shooting Weapons in a Squad: Can a squad choose which weapons it is going to fire? I.e., can I choose to only fire assault weapons? Can I choose to only fire half of my bolters instead of all of them?

2a) Rapid Fire: If half a squad of chaos marines w/ bolters are in the 12" rapid fire range, and the other half is not, do they all get rapid fire or just the ones in range.

2b) Rapid Fire: Does a rapid-fire weapon automatically rapid fire if the model is w/in 12", or does the player have to declare it? If the later of these applies, then what happens if the player declares the model is going to rapid fire, and then, when the range is measured out, the model is not in range? Does it fire as normal, or does it not fire at all, because it is out of rapid fire range?

3) Does a 2-handed weapon count as a 1-handed weapon, when given to a daemon prince (monstrous creature)? I've heard it said both ways.

4)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by boydgarrett
    1) Shooting Weapons in a Squad: Can a squad choose which weapons it is going to fire? I.e., can I choose to only fire assault weapons? Can I choose to only fire half of my bolters instead of all of them?
    You can choose which weapons each model will fire. There is no requirement for everyone in the unit to fire and each model can fire a different weapon.

2a) Rapid Fire: If half a squad of chaos marines w/ bolters are in the 12" rapid fire range, and the other half is not, do they all get rapid fire or just the ones in range.
    Only the models in range can fire.

2b) Rapid Fire: Does a rapid-fire weapon automatically rapid fire if the model is w/in 12", or does the player have to declare it? If the later of these applies, then what happens if the player declares the model is going to rapid fire, and then, when the range is measured out, the model is not in range? Does it fire as normal, or does it not fire at all, because it is out of rapid fire range?
    I believe you declare the fire mode first and then measure range. If you are out of range you cannot fire. This is the same for Rapid Fire range as it is for maximum weapon range.

3) Does a 2-handed weapon count as a 1-handed weapon, when given to a daemon prince (monstrous creature)? I've heard it said both ways.
    I believe a monstrous creature can fire two weapons a turn but can still only use a single CC weapon. I'm not sure if it can carry two 2-handed weapons.

4)
    The answer to this question is:
    I do not criticize. I do not offend. All I offer is my opinion which means only as much as you make it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Regarind 2-handed weapons: Can a monstrous creature carry a 2-handed c.c. weapon and a 1-handed c.c. weapon?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Correct, in all cases.
    Only the models in range get to fire.
    As LordCreampuff said, you declare the fire mode and then measure. Also, on a related note - if you do choose to Rapid Fire, you must fire both shots. You cannot have a model fire only once if you decided to have the unit Rapid Fire.
    Only the Kai Gun gets that benefit. All other weapons stay 2 handed.

+ Reply to Thread