Greater Daemon Mark? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Greater Daemon Mark?

I want to use a Greater Daemon in my Chaos army as my only HQ choice. I was planning on using a model with the MoCU as its host. Is my army a Khorne led undivided army because he is a Khorne Daemon or a pure Undivided army as he was spawned from an Undivided model.

It makes a difference whether I can bring a unit of Noise Marines as Slaanesh hates Khorne.

I do not criticize. I do not offend. All I offer is my opinion which means only as much as you make it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

I believe the daemon, not the AC hosting it, is the armies 'general.' Therefore, the daemon's patron god determines what army you are playing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

The Greater Daemon is indeed considered the General, as Creampuff said.

You can get around it by investing some points into a Leiutenant and giving him either the MoCU or no mark at all, if it's that important to include Slaaneshi units.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Caluin
    You can get around it by investing some points into a Leiutenant and giving him either the MoCU or no mark at all, if it's that important to include Slaaneshi units.
    Indeed.. the codex is worded so that a lieutenant takes priority over a greater daemon. So you could have a bloodthirster and a chaos leiutenant with the MoCU, and take noise marines.

Just remember that, if you did that, all marked troops would be elites choices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Got it. Thanks.
    I do not criticize. I do not offend. All I offer is my opinion which means only as much as you make it.

+ Reply to Thread