drive-by? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: drive-by?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

drive-by?

After reading the Rhino Tactica, I've just thought of something.... what happens is that you have a tzeentch squad in a rhino with wind of chaos and four thralls packed in a rhino.

Drive the Rhino up, flame twice, and the squad is still safe inside. Unpack when you feel like but it's still kinda annoying.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

It works brilliant.

The only problem being that since you have the thralls with no save the Rhino will count as open topped for the next round of hostile shooting. But the effect of this drive-by is just a treat. I used it myself for quite some times and as long as the rhino reachess all the way it's brilliant.
    The sad part is when you have to walk across the board with this unit...

Andusciassus

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x2)

Leave the TS Rubric lads behind and shove a Possessed squad into a Rhino with a Thrall (counts as one passenger and you can't have more than ten models in a carrier).

As mortals they get Tzeentch spells so you give them Doombolt and their Aspirin Champ Bolt of Change plus Eye of Tzeentch and whatever else you want. On contact with the enemy they appear to be normal Rubric marines of slowness, then proceed to arserape pretty much everyone they get in front of. Doombolt is an Assault3 Heavy Bolter type spell, and Bolt of Change is an Assault1 Lascannon shot, with rerolls from the Eye, plus the Thrall allows the Champ another go if there are a few Wraithlords on the horizon. The 50 point Rhino is fully justified then. These guys aren't cheap but neither are Rubric marines.

Another good one is ten Tzeentch Chosen in a Land Raider as above, and all they do is move about the table wasting anyone stupid enough to assault them, and if they all have Bolt of Change then that's up to ten Assault1 Lascannon shots per turn. Good eh?

If either of these mobile squads runs into trouble, fit out a cheap Champ (you can have all ten if oyu want) with a Lord of Change and throw in a couple of summonable Flamer squads and you've got instant reinforcements, on-the-spot tablequarter-huggers that shoot back and assault nicely, and in certain scenarios where speed is essential, when your armour gets wasted you're still in business.

I once spent six turns rolling nothing but ones for my Rubric squads (four squads that is) movement because I was too stingy to give them Rhinos. However I was facing Necrons so was fully justified in not wasting 200 points.

You won't get many models for your points but the look on your opponent's face when you throw eighteen S5 AP5 dice at him after escaping a burning Rhino is priceless...
    Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AHAHAHAHAH,

My cousin who plays nids HATES my possessed, I give them all gift of Chaos, maybe 1 or 2 with WoC. Takes out a squad of anything in a turn, and if the unit they assault doesnt die, they will wish they would, because at least 4 will be turned into chaos spawns

Good for those pesky MCs such as Wraithlords, and DPs.... not to mention Carnifex's and Tyrants. I love the look on my oponenets face when i turn their 180+ HQ into a 20pt spawn :w00t: And with D. Talons, those puppies can dish out the pain on any vehicle they come up against... just keep them in assault, they dont like ranged combat too much with that 3+ save.

-Centum
    You Can't Stop the Eighp

Had Tzeentch before I knew how to play :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Works pretty nicely with an either lance too.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

+ Reply to Thread