How would this work? (Thousand Sons) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How would this work? (Thousand Sons)

In the store I go to we are using the Ahriman's Chosen as official, so how would this kind of army work? For 500 points I'm thinking of two Ahriman's Chosen and two squads of Rubrics, on the basis that against Marines (one of the two main armies) I can shoot it out and use the key to rapid-fire one squad at a time, and against Tyranids I shoot and then use the key to get to the other end of the board. Rinse and repeat.
    For expanding the army I'd get an extra Chosen for every squad, and eventually get some Rubric Termies, so the whole army can "Key-out" in a turn.

Is the idea sound?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Keying to get into rapid fire range is damn dangerous though...i'd be a bit reluctant to use it that way against marines.

Generally 500pts are a bit few to use thousand sons in general though, especially with two CoA.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

You could fit in one though. Give him familiar and Bolt of Change and Thralls, then have him join a unit. If the champ too has BoC...then you'll be having the time of your life. I have two units like this in my 2000pts army and them four BoC's a turn relly mess up any Marine unit.
    Be carefull when Keying around though, it's easy to be swept away by the possibility and it's far from always usefull. If you get into Rapid fire range you'll be charged the following turn and that's not always as fun. I use the key to keep out of CC.
    Make them come to you and then leave them standing there:yes:

Andusciassus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

You aren't going to have enough points for two sets, but you will at least have enough for one. A list I created this weekend may be helpful here. Essentially, I used:

Chosen of Ahriman
    Lightning Claw, Comb-bolter

9x Thousand Sons

5x Havocs
    3x autocannons
    1x flamer
    1x CHamp?

Sorry about the vague details, but thats the gist of it. The heavy support allows you to zap around the field harassing enemy units, while they support you with some heavy fire. I played one game with it and it did pretty well. Try it and see if you like it.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

+ Reply to Thread