World Eaters - Need Convincing Arguments - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

World Eaters - Need Convincing Arguments

Ok, I have been toying with the idea of doing a World Eaters army for about a year now. I really like the Khorne Berzerker models and I really like the idea of Bloodletters. Also, just as an added bonus World Eaters bikers are probably the best bikes in the whole game as they get two base attacks, can turbo boost and have the chainaxe.

My problem is that I have talked to a couple of veteran Chaos players and they both warn me against playing World Eaters because they are entirely too unpredictable and a good opponent can take your well crafted plan and turn it into no plan at all very quickly.

My question is, what do the World Eaters have that really goes for them?

I am considering making an army out of them, but I would like to hear more than a couple of opinions either for or agianst them before dumping my hard earned money into expensive GW models.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -35 (x0)

If you enough bezerkers you will be fine. I just recently finished a 2000 world eater army and its doing really well. Its more of an army to watch more than anything, as long as you zerkers spread across the board your opponents will have a tough time finding a strategy against if they decide to attack to one side deepstike khorne termies and bloodletters. Its a really hard army to beat i have five squads of eight with champions with powerfists and that fixes any problem i have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

I have to go with "Against" for the World Eaters. One thing I really favor in my armies is predictability. That goes all out the window when using Khorne. Yes, they have some good units - but for me, that's not enough to make up for the poor units.

The only things I really like about Khorne are the HQ units and the Dreads. A Lord with Pistol+Axe of Khorne, Strength, Mutation, and Speed is a complete beast in CC. Yes, Khorne has access to the Glaive, but that's a death sentence in most cases. But Khorne has access to some of the best Gifts - Feel no Pain, and Collar of Khorne.

For Dreads, they're about the only ones able to effectively pull off Dual DCCW. Slap on some Extra Armour, and you now have up to a 50% chance to Rage. I still don't care for Dual CCW Dreads, but Khorne makes it atleast thinkable.

As for Bikers, Slaaneshi have it better. Sure Khornates have the Chainaxe, but for one extra point, Slaaneshi have Sonic Blasters. Chainaxes only work against Power Amour armies - Warp Scream and Sonic Blasters work against all opponents. But in a pure Khorne army, you're going to need the bikers - they're about the only reliable way you have to summon your Bloodletters.

Blood Rage is too unpredictable. You can't put the beserker's in Rhinos because they have a habit of ditching it and raving like fools. You also can't count on Blood Rage every turn, which means you're usually footslogging the entire board slowly.

But, that's just me. I prefer my armies to actually respond to my orders - not charge the nearest AV 12 skimming vehicle that they stand little chance of actually harming.

Khorne has one thing going for it though - they have style, and lots of it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Berzerker Bikers: Actually they get 3 attacks (2 for the bike and one for the mark of khorne).

I also think that slaanesh bikers are probably the most effective bikers in the game; not only for their ranged abilities, but also for their initiative.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't play WE, but play against them and I would have to discourage playing them. He is a smart player and doesnt make huge mistakes, its just that WE are so limited from my opinion. He has no range whatsoever except maybe some tanks, can't even take tactical squads, his bas troops are very expensive, and has no easy way to get into cc like nids. From what I have seen, WE just aren't too succesfull...but if y ou dont care about that...go for it.

Outcast Shinigami thedrifter777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

I think that most people have covered the high and low points of the WE, but I really want emphasize how uncontrollable they are. Stupid example but I remeber playing a take and hold game that was determined a draw simple because the zerkers could not stay in one spot long enough to claim it in the end. But I also think that many good tacticians will simply lead zerker units right where they want them (IE Firinglanes and bad terrain).

The times I have seen them best used though are in black legion lists where their CC potential is backed up with reliable firepower backup.
    "Dare to be Naive"

If someone helps you, or you just like what they say, rep them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Speaking of horror stories with World Eaters... in one game I ended up leading a good group of them about by their noses thanks to a warbuggy that cost about 50 points. And, when they finally charged it, they stapled their foreheads to the side of the thing thanks to the spikes n blades.
    The part about them being an army you watch more then you play, I think, might be something you should keep in mind. One of my friends played them for a while and made a joking complaint one time about how he felt he was just there to move the models around.
    Be an interesting kill team though...
    Last edited by citybeatnik; October 12th, 2005 at 07:17.
    "Some days you're the Mekboy building the kannon, the rest you're the grot being blown up by it."
    - Quote attributed to Sorkrates, before his much mourned death due to ingestion of Hemsquig Juice.

"Dis iz my choppa, and herez me gun. Dat's for killin' and so'z dis one!"
    - Bloodaxe Kommando Warchant

Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

I only have 400p of World Eaters sofar, which I'm going to expand to 1700p someday to give me an alternative army instead of fielding my Guardsmen every single time.

I picked WE because the 'zerker models are lovely and the bloodletters are kinda cool too. Khorne fluff may be cliche but I still like it. My 'zerkers are the complete opposite of my guardsmen which is what had me drawn. We've got atleast two of every cult army here at my club, except for World Eaters which is another factor that made me start them.

Now I don't know what armies you've got, but I love fielding my 400p of WE, it's a nice bit of variety from my guardsmen. While frenzy might be a tactical disadvantage because you can end up chasing spore mines around or trying to chop up a monolith it can also be fun. Nothing like seeing the look on your opponents face when you roll 5-6" on your d6" extra move the first round... or rounds. I've been into CC on the second turn several times and despite what Slaaneshi people say about higher initiative versus more attacks... rolling alot of dice is fun.
    #lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

Wellll, I think that I'm just about convinced to not do a full blown 1850 WE army. I was worried about the whole "being led around" part and from the testimonies that I've seen today, that is the primary problem with the army.

I don't really want an army that I'm watching instead of playing so I think that instead of doing full blown WE, I might take an undivided lord and add some WE units just to give the army some flavor. Most likely it will be Khornate bikers as Berzerkers just tend to run amok way too much for me.

Anyhow, thanks for the replies and you've helped to keep me from making a decision I would regret later. :shifty:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

By the way, you should check definetly check the World Eaters tactica:http://www.librarium-online.com/arti...howarticle=101

If I am right your main army is IG, World Eaters is a tottaly the opposite of IG:Not a swarm army and superb at CC. But is one way playingstyle army. You cant have a tottaly revamped tactic with them, is a 'run the board till you reach the enemy lines', after while is getting boring.

Quote Originally Posted by H0urg1ass
    I don't really want an army that I'm watching instead of playing so I think that instead of doing full blown WE, I might take an undivided lord and add some WE units just to give the army some flavor. Most likely it will be Khornate bikers as Berzerkers just tend to run amok way too much for me.
    That sounds like a Black Legion(not again) army, if so, thats the way to by avoiding the drwabacks of a World Eater army.
    Last edited by Nagato; October 12th, 2005 at 14:16.
    MEAT IS MURDER
    Hammerskin
    Nation

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast