Advice for what to buy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Advice for what to buy

So after reading all the threads on what should i buy, and what should i buy when I took some time to figure out how best to direct people. Generally, most seasoned gamers direct a new chaos player to buy a HQ, a box of troops and start slow. I have given this advice numerous times, and recently have found a much better option then my previous advice. I encourage all new Chaos players to buy the Chaos Mega Force for $140 as advertised in GW stores and at GW online.

Chaos Mega Force: retails for $140
    -1 defiler
    -1 rhino
    -12 chaos marines
    -8 khorne bezerkers
    -3 chaos bikes

After doing some number crunching here's what they normally retail fro
    -1 defiler $55
    -box of 8 CSM $30-35
    -box of 12 bezerkers $30
    -box of 3 chaos bikes $45
    -Rhino $25
    Total retail =$185-190

So you buy your chaos battle force, which gives you the basic force of below

HQ
    -Chaos LT
    Elite
    -Khorne Bezerkers x8
    Troops
    -CSM x6
    -CSM x6 (minus 1 converting to a Chaos LT)
    Fast
    -Chaos Bikes x3
    Heavy
    -Defiler

Strangely enough that's usually just about what we recommend people to start with. Course you need to go out and pick up a chaos lord, or convert 1 of the regular marines to a LT. However, you've saved about $40-45 which can now be spend elsewhere once you get the hang of the game. Plus if you don't like the Bezerkers you can easily use or convert them to normal marines. This force allows a new player to get the field of regular marines, forces people to learn to use bikes (i'm biased because their one of my favorite units), learn how ordinance actually workers early, most importantly... its not a huge mind numbing project to take on... and the whopper... GW is cutting us a price break!!!

Hope this helps any new players or players looking to expand their armies, I was just looking on GW's site and realized the price differences

40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

It's the best I agree, but it's also quite a lot of money to spend at once for quite a few people.
    I wouldn't mind buying one of them sets soon. It's also a great way of expanding.
    Man, we sound like employees.
    Like some housewifes on a TV-show
    This is a miracle...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok i am personally not to happy with this set because i'm pretty sure it was meant to be used by black legion only.
    i would have much preferred 2 c.s. marines squads instead of berserkers because i don't think you get bolters and normal chainswords (at least not enough for all of them)but feel free to correct me if i'm wrong about the berserkers.
    Fear The Wrath Of The ANZAC Clan!
    All Bow For The Anime Clan!
    When did I realise I was God?
    Well one day I was praying and I realised...
    I was talking to myself!
    Primarch Of The Iron Clan

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

There are quite a few Chainswords on the berzerker sprue and I have never had anyone complaining when I've used the axes as normal CC-weapons on non berzerker models. I think it's a good sprue, though some of the sculpting could be concidered a bit out of date.

I've never been to keen on Boltgun CSMs any way- for this purpose I use My Thousand Sons, but I guess for some of the legions it could be a drawback.

Great price though.

+ Reply to Thread