LaTD w/ Word Bearer allies question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LaTD w/ Word Bearer allies question

The Word Bearers have the ability to sacrifice 1 elite, fast attack, or heavy support choice for additional troop choices. How does this translate into LatD? Could I sacrifice my 1 allied fast attack choice for 3 allied troop choices? or is this not possible?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

I don't claim to know much about LaTD, since I don't own the Eye of Terror Codex, but I'm nearly certain that you can't claim the special legion rules from the Chaos Codex for your allies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

The legion specifiek rules applky only to that legion ( quite obvious ), with LatD your not playing that legion so no legion specifiek rules ( also very obvious ).

So unfortunatly for you, you can't.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

No, you cannot, though it seems like not all the software GW released are aware of this. So if you are using some Army-building software this may occour, but be aware, it is wrong.
    And by the way, you might know this already but anyhow, you cannot ally in daemons as they already exist in the LatD army list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreachon
    The legion specifiek rules applky only to that legion ( quite obvious ), with LatD your not playing that legion so no legion specifiek rules ( also very obvious ).

So unfortunatly for you, you can't.
    I see, but I feel I must disagree with you on the obviousness of all this.

What about rules for the Night Lords, where they can take infiltration at 1pt per model oppose to 3 pts per model. Would that apply to allied Night Lord Troops?
    +++KILLFRENZYKILLFRENZYKILLFRENZY+++

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ekranoplan
    I see, but I feel I must disagree with you on the obviousness of all this.

What about rules for the Night Lords, where they can take infiltration at 1pt per model oppose to 3 pts per model. Would that apply to allied Night Lord Troops?
    Well, if you're playing a Night Lords Chaos list, then yes. If you're playing any form of LaTD, then no - special Legion rules only apply to that Legion, not their allies.

Allies do not benefit from special rules that don't pertain to their army lists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Caluin
    Well, if you're playing a Night Lords Chaos list, then yes. If you're playing any form of LaTD, then no - special Legion rules only apply to that Legion, not their allies.

Allies do not benefit from special rules that don't pertain to their army lists.
    It says in the Eye of Terror FAQ that allied legion special rules apply to all Chaos Space Marine units. Naturally, that leads me to believe that you can use the Night Lord special rules for allied Night Lord Troops. (ofcourse this is just a belief, cause with Games Workshop you never know)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ekranoplan
    It says in the Eye of Terror FAQ that allied legion special rules apply to all Chaos Space Marine units. Naturally, that leads me to believe that you can use the Night Lord special rules for allied Night Lord Troops. (ofcourse this is just a belief, cause with Games Workshop you never know)
    Sure enough, that it does. Looks like you may be right. One of these days I really need to pick up the Eye of Terror codex so I can suitably field these questions. Here's something else that's pertinent -

"....only one Legion may provide the Allies, and their rules will apply to all Chaos Space Marines units."

So, this leads me to believe you can ally with Alpha Legionnares, and all Alpha Legion Chaos Marines could take Infiltrate for one point per model. Obviously, the Traitor Guardsmen would not get this benefit.

This muddles up the original question though. I'm still leaning towards "No". The FAQ states that any special rules that apply to Chaos units are still in effect - the Force Organization rules are not applied to units, they're applied to the army list.
    Last edited by Caluin; October 17th, 2005 at 21:29.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

746 (x8)

I feel I relly shouldn't have to say this, but Caluin is right. Suprised you all now didn't I. OK entirely right as Alpha Legion gets the discount.
    The thing is you could ally with Wordbearers and the Demagogue would affect any Chaos Units- that includes traitors and mutants, but you would not benefit from the FOC-"bonus"-nine troops as you are not playing a Wordbearer army, you are not using their FOC. Your main army is the Lost and the Damned-2 HQ, 3Ellites, 6 TROOPS etc etc.

You could see it like this (though I might be complicating things now) you ally in two of the WB's nine troops, this will not grant you nine troop-slots.
    Last edited by Andusciassus; October 17th, 2005 at 22:15.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Caluin
    Sure enough, that it does. Looks like you may be right. One of these days I really need to pick up the Eye of Terror codex so I can suitably field these questions. Here's something else that's pertinent -

"....only one Legion may provide the Allies, and their rules will apply to all Chaos Space Marines units."

So, this leads me to believe you can ally with Night Lords, and all Night Lords Chaos Marines could take Infiltrate for one point per model. Obviously, the Traitor Guardsmen would not get this benefit.

This muddles up the original question though. I'm still leaning towards "No". The FAQ states that any special rules that apply to Chaos units are still in effect - the Force Organization rules are not applied to units, they're applied to the army list.
    Indeed, but traitor guard can already infiltrate.

It would be nice if the original question was a "yes" though. I was hopeing there might be some FAQ or Q&A out there that made it so. When it comes to traitors, mutants, allies, and various other options, 6 troop choices are sometimes limiting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast