Questions about possessed - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Somewhere within the dark deeps of oblivion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Questions about possessed

hi i have a few questions that i would like to have some answers to

question nr1
    can a unit of possessed have different daemonic gifts or must they all have the same gift?

question nr2
    do you think a unit of ten possessed with daemonic fire, bolt pistol, close combat weapon and mark of tzeentch would be any good i mean get close use daemonic fire and then assault.

question nr3
    if a unit of possessed all have daemonic fire they can look like usual chaos space marines or must they have mutations and all that?

question nr4
    is eye of tzeentch worth 20p? it allows the model with it to re-roll a single armor save, to hit roll ar to wound roll.

Long ago there was something in me, but now that thing is gone,
    I cannot cry, I cannot care, that thing will come back no more.

If you like someone's post and/or found it useful please add to their reputation

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Zartas
    question nr1
    can a unit of possessed have different daemonic gifts or must they all have the same gift?
    They must all share the same gift. The Champion if present may have more gifts given to him.

question nr2
    do you think a unit of ten possessed with daemonic fire, bolt pistol, close combat weapon and mark of tzeentch would be any good i mean get close use daemonic fire and then assault.
    I wouldn't think that'd be a very good group, no. The Mark of Tzeentch is wasted points in your scenario.
    question nr3
    if a unit of possessed all have daemonic fire they can look like usual chaos space marines or must they have mutations and all that?
    I'd make a point of making them look different than your regular marines. Just the slight mutation here and there.

question nr4
    is eye of tzeentch worth 20p? it allows the model with it to re-roll a single armor save, to hit roll ar to wound roll.
    Not usually, no. It's only useful on your own turn. It's too expensive to give to standard Champions, and Independant Characters already hit five out of six shots. It'd be useful for rerolling wounds only, basically.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    111 (x3)

question nr1
    No, they must all have the same Daemonic gifts, the only one who can be different from the others is the Aspiring Champion and only if you give him something coming from the Chaos Armory.

question nr2
    The best gift for close combat you can give to your Possessed is the Daemonic Talons. Daemonic Fire is a glorified bolter and you won't be able to use it in CC. so basically your bolt pistol will do as much damage as your Daemonic fire at close range since you can rapid fire with it. The fact you can charge after the shooting is pointless.

After that, the mark of Tzeentch is useful if you want to give them a sorcerer gift, next to that it's useless. It makes a rather expensive unit of Chaos Sorcerers in power armor if you ask me and let's face it, they're not even fearles...

At 320 point for a squad of 10 I would prefer to take a squad of Chosen in terminator armour. Not a very good way to spend your points IMO.

question nr3
    You will always want your Possessed to look different from the rest of your army. I made my Possessed with Daemonic Talons and I used 2 arms of the Daemonic mutation sprue for each of them, they look different enought without being too hard to make and they really stand out next to my regular Chaos Space Marines.

question nr4
    Not worth it, like stated before it's only on your turn so useless against lascanon shooting. For that price you're better off investing in a Daemonic Armor or Daemonic Aura.

Hope it help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr
    It makes a rather expensive unit of Chaos Sorcerers in power armor if you ask me and let's face it, they're not even fearles...
    Psst. Yes, yes they are Fearless. All units bearing a Mark are always fearless, no matter what that Mark is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Caluin
    Psst. Yes, yes they are Fearless. All units bearing a Mark are always fearless, no matter what that Mark is.
    Except the Mark of Chaos Undivided which lets them re-roll Morale checks instead.

And you were doing so well Caluin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lleu
    Except the Mark of Chaos Undivided which lets them re-roll Morale checks instead.

And you were doing so well Caluin.
    D'oh! Stupid me not even thinking of the most basic mark of all.

Well, it's nearly as good as Fearless. Does that count?

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

746 (x8)

question nr2
    No, as stated earlier daemonic fire would be a waste. If you want to use possessed with the mark of Tzeentch- try giving them the talons. Then give some of them Gift of Chaos, some of them Wind of Chaos but keep some of them "vanilla" for "cheap:wacko: sacrifice. This will be a very mean close combat unit, though very expensive.
    The can use the winds before charging in and maybe even the Gifts. Then while in cc they can keep on turning opponents into spawns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact is that it is a pure thousand son army he is using this unit in.
    He forgot to tell you that. By the way, a guy in my club plays death guard,
    and he uses a unit of possessed with talons. They ALWAYS get gunned down before they do anything, because they are slow and few in numbers(i like when he use them) . I Would suggest a unit with wings(i know it is expensive) Bolt pistol and ccw. Pretty fast and a bit easy to kill with shooting, but good in HtH. Maby a good excuse to use the Uber-cool raptor models, which sadly enough cant be used by the thousand sons .

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by 12345
    The fact is that it is a pure thousand son army he is using this unit in.
    He forgot to tell you that. By the way, a guy in my club plays death guard,
    and he uses a unit of possessed with talons. They ALWAYS get gunned down before they do anything, because they are slow and few in numbers(i like when he use them) . I Would suggest a unit with wings(i know it is expensive) Bolt pistol and ccw. Pretty fast and a bit easy to kill with shooting, but good in HtH. Maby a good excuse to use the Uber-cool raptor models, which sadly enough cant be used by the thousand sons .
    Putting flight on possessed is simply too expensive. You can get termis for this price. For a while I used daemonic talons on possessed in my 1500 death guard build, and they never made it to the enemy with any sort of number. The only way to make them work is through a rhino, or have so many threats that your enemy ignores them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Rhino anyone?

For 50 points, a rhino is actually one of the most cost effective transports around, and while they won't last every game, they're surprisingly tough and durable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast