Thank God for small favors. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Thank God for small favors.

I have been painting a Sons of Malice aspiring champion for the last 2 days. He has had hours of work put into him, from the digging through the bits box for the perfect parts. Converting. Brushing on primer and painting ( in an awesome black and white checkerboard pattern ). I have been painting each piece individually and then assembling painted bit by painted bit.

The paints, brushes, and bits have been sitting on the dining room table the whole time. Today I accidentally knocked a single arm ( the plastic one with the glove and the skull on the elbow , The ONLY match in the entire bitz box for the other nearly completed arm) onto the floor.:x

I got down on the floor with my nose to the wood and searched. The arm was nowhere to be seen. There were a lot of other things down there :x but no arm.

after about half an hour I gave up. That's when I discovered the arm in the cuff of my jeans.:wacko:

anyway, I feel like an ass but I am glad to have found the arm.
    :w00t:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

Haha. Even better than a stray fiver. Oh yeah, I'm back again. Sort of. Again...

Everyone has dozy moments when they model things. Wednesday i stuck a random hand onto my biker lord so he can hold his dirty great chopper axe thing. Put him down, and just like buttered toast it lands on the freshly stuck hand. Its still separated on my painting table, next to my 'adventurous' EC AC conversion. Something along the lines of a space puppy power sword gripped in the mutation sprue tentacle. I need more poly cement(
    --Monsieur

"Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours"
    -Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Heheh.. Nice annecdote.. Though I'm not sure I needed to hear about it.

But hey, you play Sons of Malice? That's pretty damn cool... Have you given the lord a dreadaxe, by any chance.
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; October 24th, 2005 at 01:15.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

so far just the kill team but it will be one lone space marine with 10 hounds ( fenrisian wolves and mordheim hounds ) for a grand total of 11 models. the dreadaxe is fluffy but a waste for kill team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't realize that the Sons of Malice had fluff... Where is it?

-Centum
    You Can't Stop the Eighp

Had Tzeentch before I knew how to play :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha ha ha thats pretty funny
    Something simmiliar happened to me I was painting a arm while my family ate diner at the same table. I was so concentrated on the painting that when my mum told me to eat diner i flinched and the arm flew through the air and landed in the spoon my dad was raising to his mouth and he ate it! :w00t: Was laughing for the rest of the day

zeus
    Fear The Wrath Of The ANZAC Clan!
    All Bow For The Anime Clan!
    When did I realise I was God?
    Well one day I was praying and I realised...
    I was talking to myself!
    Primarch Of The Iron Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Centum
    I didn't realize that the Sons of Malice had fluff... Where is it?
    The official fluff is that they were declared traitors because they were found to conduct frenzied, cannibalistic rituals in honour of an unknown entity. They fled into the eye of terror, and now fight indescriminately against the imperium and other chaos warbands. They always fight in complete silence.

(From the White Dwarf article 'Rogue Sons')

The unconfirmed subtext which many people have picked up on is that the Sons of Malice might well be worshippers of the minor Chaos God Malal.. Malal used to have a big role in GW's products, but the guy who invented him left the company and took the copywrite with him, so GW was forced to write him out and can no longer use his name or image.

Malal represented the self destructive nature of chaos, his followers are drawn from those who hate chaos so much they are prepared to become chaos themselves in order to fight it. A lot of people thought this was a cool idea, and kept it going even after GW themselves were no longer allowed to use it. It's widely believed that the Sons of Malice were produced with these people in mind.

The colour scheme of the sons looks very similar to that of Malal's symbol, and their cannibalistic ritual devoted to a secret master is very suggestive too. Even the name, 'sons of malice' might be a play on Malal.

The dreadaxe reference is due to the fact that, in the original comic strips featuring Malal, one of his champions carried a weapon called dreadaxe. GW clearly carried this on in the new chaos codex with the dreadaxe weapon option (with a penchant for destroying daemonic rivals, eh?)

Pwned by Phobos. LictorInTheGrass's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -27 (x0)

God! What is it with people carrying copyrights if they A) Don't make money, Screw up a story line. So many USELESS people out there. This is the second time I've heard about copyrights. Eldar is own by some chump that left GW and GW wait so long because had to build up a solid base of Eldar players and have them begging for new models that they would undoubtly get profit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was looking for my centigor and i looked EVERYWHERE...that night, i went to bed, and i found that i was lying on it...It hadnt broke. I have also had things drop off and then glue and paint another piece on in dismay later to find the lost peice
    "Kill a thousand men, and they will hate you. Kill a million men, and they will queue to face you. But kill a single man, and they will see monsters and devils in every shadow. Kill a dozen men, and they will scream and wail in the night."
    - Zso Sahaal, Talonmaster of the Night Lords

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Dropping pieces is bad, but it happends over and over again. You just wait till you have kids
    My daughter, she's four...OK four and a half, "borrows" my models. She's ery carefull and all, but she makes them do so strange things. Like one time I just couldn't find my getetichally altered Fabius Bile experiments- I looked allover my room. They were invited by the barbie-doll to a hamburger-dinner in McDonalds (her Dollhouse). I had a hard time to get them from the playcorner.
    The other time she brought a Zombie to Pre-school... "tis be my fave zombie, can we play with your teddies?" The teachers gave me funny eyes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast