Confusing Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confusing Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Confusing Army

I'm wondering if any of you Chaos guys can help me. I recently played against a Chaos army that used some special rules that I'd never heard of. My opponent told me that, a while back, White Dwarf of Chapter Approved printed an article about creating a custom Mark of Chaos. It was a weird game...Slaanesh sonic weapons and Warp Scream with the Nurgle Toughness bonus...tough...and he never did produce the rules or his army roster. Is this a real article or was he pulling my leg?

"HQ, my LOS is blocked by a soda bottle. I'm moving to unmask my guns."
    "Negative! The soda bottle is the Carnifex!"
    "Dang proxy models!"
    -Cmdr. Kren, www.tsoalr.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

I'd say it's a load of bull**** he's trying on you, I haven't seen anything even remotely like that in the last 2 years of WD/CA.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

I'd have to agree w/ Dreachon. That rule is absolutely bogus. Nex time he tries it on you, tell him you've recently imbued your army w/ genestealers genetics, so all your troops have rending. If he still wants to use his bogus rule, then let him have it.
    Last edited by Rabbit; October 27th, 2005 at 18:58.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

201 (x4)

Next time, tell you buddy that your whole army has succombed to chaos and that they all have the universal mark of chaos (like the one of Abbadon) and that since they are protected by chaos power, they all have a 4+ invulnerable save, daemonic strenght, daemonic visage and daemonic mutation. Then look at his face, he might be a little confused / deconcerted.

Hahahaha!
    MindRaked
    CHAOS Undiv.: won 14/22 games EC: 4/7 WE: 6/9 DG: 10/15, TS: 3/7 Orks : 13/20 SM NL : 1/6 TAU: 14 of 24 IG: 3/7

Pwned by Phobos. LictorInTheGrass's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -27 (x0)

Be reasonable, say ur army has another +1 to Sv, +1 to Toughness, and +1 to Attacks due new policy by the Tyranids lawyers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

One rule to live by:

"If you can't produce the rule you can't use it."

As far as I'm concerned you should have a valid army list and all required reference material for your army or you can't use them.

I have not tried a GW tournie yet but I've played in a bunch of Battletech tournies. I can't tell you how many times someone tried to use an ability they read in the comic or a novel and assumed they could do it in-game.

I thought most WD articles are either test or optional rules and have to be agreed upon by both players before their use.
    I do not criticize. I do not offend. All I offer is my opinion which means only as much as you make it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he was full of ****
    You cant make your own mark...there is teh mark of Chaos acendant or somethin Abbannon has..but other than that...you should have called him..I have had tyranid guys make up biomorphs
    "Kill a thousand men, and they will hate you. Kill a million men, and they will queue to face you. But kill a single man, and they will see monsters and devils in every shadow. Kill a dozen men, and they will scream and wail in the night."
    - Zso Sahaal, Talonmaster of the Night Lords

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by LordCreampuff
    I thought most WD articles are either test or optional rules and have to be agreed upon by both players before their use.
    That's the way I consider them, as well, whether that's how they really are or not.

Chapted Approved is another issue altogether - that's an official, printed book with approved rules.

White Dwarf seems more experimental to me, before they put it all together for Chapter Approved.

It's gotten to the point where I don't let people use White Dwarf rules in games when I'm playing with them, simply because they, for one, don't buy/own the White Dwarf magazines. They "saw the ruels in one at the store" so, naturally, I'm not letting them play with them. This was way back when the Tau Rail Rifles were still in WD. Once they became Chapter Approved, I was 100% fine with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Ah, the good ol' "Rules Inventor." What lengths people will go just to win a game.

CreamPuff gives the best advice. If he can't show you where that rule is, it's not a valid rule.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol. If i met an evil cheater like that, i'd amputate his dice-rolling arm off, and slap him with it for being such an idiot (or something like that).
    You know what would really be scary? Yeah. I know that you know that i know that you know that i know what i'm thinking:
    War Titans for 40k. Muahahahaha! They'd be like 50,000 points.
    (This rambling brought to you by too much Caffiene)
    -
    W/D/L
    Space Marines - 1/0/0
    Night Gobbos - 1/0/0

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast