IW DP Configs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IW DP Configs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IW DP Configs

Im going to get a demon Prince soon and need a good layout of powers and wargear that are cool with IWs, I think this is a good DP but tell me some better ones. And he doesnt need to ba a monster in CC and be 377 points. :ninja:

Terminator Armor
    Spiky Bits
    Dark Blade
    D. Essence
    D. Flight
    D. Mutation
    Furius Charge

He would Deep Strike behind weak units and finish them off in CC.

It's been a minute.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone?
    It's been a minute.

Pwned by Phobos. LictorInTheGrass's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -27 (x0)

I don't have my codex on me but are you sure he can have flight?

Here's a good DP:

Bike
    Spikey Bits
    Furious Charge
    Aura
    Essences
    Mutation
    Strength
    Dark Blade

Total Stength first attack is... 9 I believe. Then 8 after charge over. Perhaps take a retinue of 2 or 3 bikers (or ride with a bunch of bikers so he can't be singled out).

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Well for a starter you cannot combine Terminator armour and Daemonic Flight. And I think the deepstrike tactics would be a bit dangerous anyway.
    May I suggest you change the flight and Terminator armour for infiltrate and speed?
    This way you could have a first turn charge and a good chance of delaying the enemy on their way towards your line.
    The Bike idea is also quite suiting a IW-army I must say, though he would be "only" S8 on the charge and S7 the following turns. If he'd join a unit of bikers they would have to be at least 3 and if they were to be his retinue they would be very expensive as each of them would have to be Chosen champions and they could be no fewer than 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

Just give your lord an extra ccw weapon for an extra attack.

Pwned by Phobos. LictorInTheGrass's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -27 (x0)

Couldn't the Biker DP ride with a sqaud and not be pick out? IC rules? Yes he can, I just read the IC rules. Better than taking Chosen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by LictorInTheGrass
    Couldn't the Biker DP ride with a sqaud and not be pick out? IC rules? Yes he can, I just read the IC rules. Better than taking Chosen.
    But for the amount of points you'r putting into him, he'll be a MC, meaning he can be singled out in shooting, and as always, IC's fight seperately in CC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by tarzen
    But for the amount of points you'r putting into him, he'll be a MC, meaning he can be singled out in shooting, and as always, IC's fight seperately in CC.
    Daemon Princes only become MCs if they take the Daemonic Stature gift. Even should you use up all 100 Daemonic Gift points, so long as you didn't take Stature, you're not a MC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Caluin
    Daemon Princes only become MCs if they take the Daemonic Stature gift. Even should you use up all 100 Daemonic Gift points, so long as you didn't take Stature, you're not a MC.
    I thought it was written that if you take more than 50, they are automatically statured. Mind you, I could be wrong, since I don't play CSM, but I have read the faq's that mention it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by tarzen
    I thought it was written that if you take more than 50, they are automatically statured. Mind you, I could be wrong, since I don't play CSM, but I have read the faq's that mention it.
    While taking more than 50 points does indeed make you a Daemon Prince (and thus you count as a Daemon), it does not give you Stature. You still need to pay the cost if you want Stature.

Not all Daemons are Monstrous Creatures. You can easily have a small, whirlwind of death Daemon that is still small enough to hide in units, infiltrate, and unleash a world of hurt on the first turn.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast