From Start to Finish : Chaos Army Building - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

From Start to Finish : Chaos Army Building

Looking for new Chaos players or veterans looking to start a new army!

Intro-
    Hey there everyone, I've been on LO for a while now and I'd like to try something new. A few days ago I noticed a thread in the painting forum that had a list of volunteers that painted a new unit every couple of weeks. After each time period, they post pics of their new unit and then begin on the next unit. I liked watching the progress, but I thought that it would be really great if we did the same thing, only adding tacticas, battle reports, fluff, painting guides, conversion instructions, army themes, etc. Since this straddles a couple of forums, I apologize for any inconvenience to the moderators here.

The Mission
    Right now I am looking for volunteers for this project. To volunteer, you need to be in the early process of or planning to make a new army. You'll need to be comfortable with painting your army and posting the pics, writing fluff, making good battle reports, writing tacticas, etc. to be posted in this thread. I plan to give good length deadlines for everything so you know what needs to get done. It shouldn't be anything exhausting. I just want to provide current newbies (or veterans looking for a new project) a chance to share their experience, and provide advice for the newbies in the future.

I am hoping to get at least two volunteers for each Chaos Legion (with a min of two or three). However, I will not be participating since I am a slow painter and would only hold you back.

I'll update these as people sign up.

Black Legion - Draconian, (LictorInTheGrass-Tacticas Only)
    World Eaters/Khorne - xechor, Ubernyaw
    Emperor's Children/Slaneesh - jtm, grimmtu, Greg
    Death Guard/Nurgle - Black Katalyst, Tyrant Lord, Steve_jm, jtm
    Thousand Sons/Tzneetch -
    Iron Warriors - Zeus, danjones87, Fenrir
    Night Lords - Dodge
    Alpha Legion - daedelus (inactive)
    Word Bearers -
    LaTD - Bear, numberofthebeastxxx, bloodletter51, Ubernyaw

So if you are interested, leave a post with your army of choice.

A tactica for beginning Chaos players.

I. Black Legion
    II. Nurgle/Death Guard
    III. Slaneesh/Emporer's Children
    IV. Tzneetch/Thousand Sons
    V. Khorne/World Eaters
    VI. Iron Warriors
    VII. Alpha Legion
    VIII. Word Bearers
    IX. Night Lords
    X. The Lost and the Damned

I. Black Legion

~Draconian~
    Phase One: Introduction
    Name: Draconian
    Army: Black Legion
    Army Theme: A Black legion force fighting on Cadia after the 13th Black crusade.
    Beginning Fluff: Harendotes kneeled down and his loincloth draped along the ground. Re-Harakhty, a Lord Of Chaos Undivided, stood before him. Re-Harakhty looked down at his Lieutenant and motioned for him to rise with his Lightning Claws. Harendotes stood up and the rest of his warband stood up behind him. Re-Harakhty had found Harendotes and his men raiding Imperial Guard outposts, Re-Harakhty had then inducted them into his force and together they had taught the Imperial Guardsmen of Cadia to fear the night.

Their black armour gleaming in the night, the Black Legion warriors slipped towards the Imperial Guard trenchline. Harendotes relished the opportunity to lead Re-Harakhty's Black Legion troopers, even if it was only until Re-harakhty arrived. His snake-like mutation of his lower body slithered along and went at the front of the warriors. Harendotes heard the familar sound of the Defiler hissing through his vox and he knew the beast was setting up. Harendotes glanced around and looked proudly at the Black Legion warriors, they were the epitomy of discipline, running neatly in lines and armour comepletely uniform. Harendotes wondered to himself how the Imperium could survive without their might, it mattered not; He would take out his built up anger of centuries out on these unfortunate Guardsmen tonight, they would know true pain and fear in equal measure.

Harendotes heard the whistling of a shell coming in and sped up towards the trench, his warriors noticed this and raised their bolters now sprinting towards the line. Guardsmen began to pop their heads up, expecting to see another impressive display of their own artillery but they were greeted only by the charging Black Legion, the Guardsmen began screaming to the barracks and the alarm went off. Harendotes took off his helmet and grinned at the shocked Guardsmen just before they were obliterated by the Defiler shell landing in the trench. Harendotes slammed his helmet back on and fired off a few shots from his bolt pistol at the Guardsmen running out of the barracks. The Guardsmen shrunk back into the barracks waiting for the fire to stop. Harendotes told one squad to keep the fire on the barracks door if the Guard came out and moved two aspiring champions on either side of the door. Two other squads went off to take the armoury. Harendotes ordered the rest of the squads to engage the Imperial Guard still in the trenches. The Black Legionnaires accepted and started to carry out their orders.

Harendotes felt a warp rift behind him & turned around to see Lord Re-Harakhty and three Obliterators materialize. Harendotes saluted and Re-Harakhty acknowledged him by nodding. The Obliterators moved up with the Black Legionnaires and brought their devastating fire on the barracks, bringing the roof down on the screaming Guardsmen. Re-Harakhty began to walk thorough the burning Imperial Guard strongpoint.
    "You should've pressed the attack instead of stopping to mop up some guardsmen, remember what Horus tought us.."Take off the head and the rest will fall!" said Re-Harakhty, his soul-less voice possessing great wisdom. "Yes my lord, I will lead the attack on the Imperial Guard HQ for my pennance," said Harendotes. Re-Harakhty shook his head and clicked his tounge, then began to speak, "Leave the pennance to idiot Imperials, you are in the Black Legion.. I ask only one thing of you my Lieutenant......bring me their Senior Officers head."

Harendotes roared and charged the Imperial Guard platoon in front of him. His Black Legionnaires followed suite and sprinted forwards, spraying the Imperial Guardsmen. A Leman Russ battle tank fired and five of the legionnaires flew up into the air, their dismembered bodies falling amongst the living. Harendotes growled as he picked up a Guardsman, throwing him at the the tank. The turret started to turn around to face Harendotes. The Black Legionnaires and the Guardsmen were now firmly locked in hand to hand combat and the Imperials were slowly being forced back as the legionnaries hacked a bloody swathe through the guard. Harendotes slithered towards the tank as the sponsoons and front heavy bolter began firing at him. Harendotes noticed the top hatch open and the tank commander began firing the pintle mounted heavy stubber at Harendotes. Bolts pinged off his armour and a few shots penetrated his ceramite & bit deep into his flesh, Harendotes bit his tounge and charged the tank, striking his halberd through the driver's vision slit. Harendotes heard the man scream and he started the climb the tank. Harendotes chucked his halberd to the ground and disembowled the tank captain with his bare hands. Harendotes pulled the pin off a krak grenade and chucked it inside the tank and then shut the top hatch with a devilish laugh. He jumped off the tank and slithered over to the Imperial Guard HQ, which his men had recently captured. Harendotes noted that the Imperial banner had been spraypainted with Black Legion & Chaos iconography along with the entrails of the fallen Guardsmen. A head adorned the top of bannerpole. Harendotes looked down at his men and saw them bring forth the Imperial Command Squad, Harendotes grabbed the commander and noticed Re-Harakhty nearing. He ripped off the man's head when he was in the middle of some speech about 'Chaos will be banished', the usual Imperial crap. Harendotes kneeled before Re-Harakhty, stood and handed him the head. Re-Harakhty laughed and chucked the head at one of the surviving Command Squad members. A Black Legion Champion ran over to the pair and saluted them both before beginning to speak calmly with a cold voice, "We have intercepted radio transmission from this bunker sending an SOS to the 16th Cadian armour for support, what are your orders?". Re-Harakhty dismissed him with a wave of his Lightning Claw and began to walk in the other direction with Harendotes. "We'll fall back tonight, let them bring in more infantry and do the same thing again until we can build up the sufficient heavy weapons to take the tanks down." Harendotes nodded & sneered into the vox "Fall back, we've done our job.......What about the prisioners?" Soon came the answer from the vox, "Be.......creative."

The next morning, when the 16th Cadian Armour arrived, they found a scene of pure horror. The Imperial base was littered with the bodies of their dead, all mutilated in some way. Bodies hung from the buildings and dark symbols were written on the plasteel in Imperial blood. When the Armour Commander and his squad investigate the ruins and found the only computer not smashed or with brains mixed into the hard drive, they played the only file left on the computer; It was the most horrific thing they had ever seen and it would haunt them to the end of their days....The Black Legion had taped the entire torture of the Imperial survivours and placed vox casters around the compound so the whole Armoured Company could hear their dying screams.........
    Army plan: Lots of concentrated fire from the Infantry & havocs while the Defilers bombard the enemy lines. Then the lieutenant/lord(not sure yet) with infantry support will assault. Bikes & Raptors take out tough targets, like tanks.
    Paint Scheme: My normal Black legion troopers will have black armour with silver trims all round, My Armies elite (all HQ & Elite choices) will have their armour trimmed in Gold. Eye pieces will be green & most hair will be Dark red. Plasma cells are going to be either Light blue or orange. (cause no-one else will make Orange plasma)
    Future conversion ideas: I'm making a lord/lieutenant out of the Warhammer Lord of Slaanesh (pics will be posted when I've cut it up good)
    Future army lists: I'm aiming for 2000+pts so I can have all those lovely chaos goodies

II. Nurgle/Death Guard

~Tyrant Lord~
    Phase One : Introductions
    Name: Tyrant Lord
    Army: Death Guard
    Army Theme: I'll be using the normal Death Guard format, nothing especially unique
    Beginning Fluff: Lord Thanatos commands the Legion of Despero. They had taken command of a rather large Imperial planet near the Eye of Terror. The planet was once inhabited by thousands of Imperial Guard and civilians were swept away when the Legion of Despero came and slaughtered the population, leaving no survivors. The signals for help were intercepted and cut off. The planet was lost in a matter of two years. The land was forever destroyed by the plague that the Death Guard brought with them. The few Space Marines were turned into Death Guard by the combined effect of the plague and force of the Eye of Terror. Lord Thanatos rutheless, even by Chaos standards, took up the role of the planetary govenor and made the palace a stronghold of desecration and plague. He has called to him, in secret, an army of daemons to accompany his soldiers into war. He has also been meeting with Archons of the Dark Eldar, promising to grant them powers of the warp in exchange for their help in his next crusade against the Ulthwe Craftworld. For he knows that with Eldrad gone and the Dark Eldar by his side, along with his Despero Legion and his daemon army, Ulthwe will break. And this he is planning until his forces are large enough and the Dark Eldar make their first assaults on the Craftworld.
    Army Plan: None
    Paint Scheme: My paint scheme is Camo Green, Scorched Brown, Bestial Brown, Snakebite leather, Boltgun Metal, and Brown ink.
    Future Conversion Ideas:None
    Future Army Lists: None

~Steve_jm~
    Army: Plagued Companies (Modified Death Guard)
    Army Theme: The Plagued Companies will be Close-Combat Oriented, with (4) Troop Choices. (3 Death Guard, One With Rhino, One Plaguebearer Squad), (1) Terminator Squad, A Sorceror Lord, A Predator (Anti-Tank Role, Also Anti-Infantry if needed), Dreadnought.
    Beginning Fluff: Before the Horus Heresy, Death Guard's F Company was stationed on the world of Niaa V along with a unit of Battle Sisters and High Inquisitor Matheis. It was at this time that the Death Guard announced their allegiance to Chaos. Jhra, leader of the company, launched a surprise attack on their fellow sisters. The sudden betrayal caught the Sisters off guard;they scattered and fled into the forest. Jhra led his men into the Inner Sanctum of the Holy Shrine of St. Capilene, where he intended to steal holy relics. However, High Inquisitor Matheis was lying in wait for him with a squad of Grey Knights. A raging firefight ensued, and at the end the traitor marines were victorious. Lighting the shrine on fire, they prepared to leave the planet behind.

The fleeing sisters, seeing the smoke rising over the treetops, managed to rally and then ambushed the retreating company. Despite the sister's best efforts, they were eventually overcome and destroyed. The damage they caused, however, was devastating to the company. Over two-thirds of the company had been killed in the battle. Outraged, Jhra decided to abandon the plans of a concentrated assault on Terra, instead retreating into the Eye of Terror.

It was many millennia before the Company re-appeared. Under the banner of the Plagued Companies, they executed a raid on the world of Alvora, causing tremendous casualties and the destruction of another holy relic. Not much is known of the company's motives, but they usually strike fast and hard before additional reinforcements can be summoned.
    Army Plan: My Plan is to quickly get a jump on the enemy using Deep Strike, Infiltrate, and the Rhino. I'll shoot down any nice squishy squads on the way, and tie up the strong units in close combat. (I don't think it'll be hard to do with a toughness of 5, Nurgle's Rot and an assortment of power weapons). In order to make sure I can do the most damage, some units have daemonic visage/blasphemous rune so that I can (hopefully) break an enemy unit in one turn.
    Paint Scheme: Normal Death Guard Scheme, Pics coming soon.
    Future Conversion Ideas: Sorta come and go, i'll post pics if I actually do one.
    Future Army Lists: THE PLAGUED LEGIONS ARMY LIST
    (1,508 Point Death Guard Army)
    Headquarters
    Jhra, Chosen Prophet of Nurgle-132 points
    Wargear and Gifts: Bolter, Sword of Matheis, Mark of Nurgle, Sorcerer, Nurgle’s Rot, Warp Talisman.
    Psychic Abilities: Doombolt, Nurgle Minor Psychic Power.
    Sword of Matheis: Taken from the fallen body of Inquisitor Matheis, the sword cuts through armour, flesh, and bone alike with ease. The Sword of Matheis counts as a normal power weapon.

Elites
    The Chosen of Jhra – Lt. K’oen (Pts. 425)
    Chosen Terminator
    Number/Squad: 7
    Weapons: The entire squad is equipped with combi-bolters, frag grenades and has terminator armour. They also have the Veteran Skill Furious Charge. (1) Member of the squad has a chainfist. (2) Members of the squad have reaper autocannons. (1) Member of the squad has a combi-flamer. The Aspiring Champion has a pair of lightning claws and blight grenades. The Aspiring Champion also has Nurgle’s Rot, Daemonic Visage and Daemonic Strength.

Troops
    Squad XV (Total Pts: 247)
    Plague Marines
    Weapons: The entire squad is equipped with a bolter and close combat weapon, frag grenades, and have the Furious Charge veteran skill. There are, however, a few exceptions. (1) Member of the squad carries a flamer. (1) Member of the squad carries a basic Icon. The Aspiring Champion has Nurgle’s Rot and Daemonic Visage and is equipped with a Power Fist and bolter.
    Transport: The entire squad is mounted in a Rhino. The Rhino is upgraded with extra armour and smoke launchers.

Squad IIV (Total Pts: 15
    Plague Marine
    Weapons: The entire squad is equipped with a bolter or a bolter and close combat weapons. There are, however, a few exceptions. (2) Members of the squad carry a plasma gun. The Aspiring Champion has Nurgle’s Rot.

Squad XI (Total Pts: 169)
    Plague Marine
    Weapons: The entire squad is equipped with a bolter or a bolter and close combat weapon, and have the Infiltrate veteran skill. There are, however, a few exceptions. (1) Member of the squad carries a meltagun. The Aspiring Champion has Nurgle’s Rot.

Plaguebearers (Total Pts: 112)
    Weapons: Knifes/Claws, Daemonic Venom, Nurgle’s Rot
    Daemon: The unit is Summoned, Invulnerable, and has Instability.

Heavy Support
    Cpt. Varim’s Predator-150 points
    Weapons: Autocannon, Sponson Lascannons, Havoc Launcher.

T’va the Fallen – Chaos Dreadnought-115 points
    Weapons: Dreadnought close combat weapon with twin-linked bolter and a twin-linked heavy bolter.
    Note: The Dreadnought is also equipped with a blasphemous rune.

That's my Army list. Of course, I barely have any of it. But It WILL be my army. *Yes, Yes It will*

~Black Katalyst~
    Name: Black Katalyst
    Army: Heresy Death Guard
    Army Theme: I guess the basis theme of my army is its time line. I want to make a Death Guard army that might have assaulted Terra and slightly post Heresy. My army will be based around an HQ of 7 terminators, each from a different Space Marine chapter.
    Beginning Fluff: As the battles rage and the body count rises, battle brother fights battle brother. Some are twisted in blood red armor, others mindless gibbering horrors, mere shadows of their former glory, some evn fly, many insane beyond redemption, but then, there is the Death Guard. These bloated sickening husks of glory stand out from every other fallen legion. They bring death on such a grand scale, it makes the fickle God of Nurgle laugh on his putrid throne. Above all, there is one figure, a towering shadow of Tactical Dreadnaught Armor wielding a venom covered sickle that cleaves men in two with less ease than it's own breathing. He is seen trotting through the mounds of bodies through the city streets upon Holy Terra, for he is Draxxion, Harbinger of the Plague. He is accompanied by six of the most foul and twisted mockeries of Imperial creed and honor. Each is the most powerful leader of every legion Draxxion has defeated, leaving them alive only to bask in the decaying light that is Nurgle.
    Army Plan: To symbolize their cleansing through the hive cities, my entire army infiltrates except for the terminators, which I will deepstrike.
    Paint Scheme: All I can say is Nurgley.
    Future Conversion Ideas: Lots. Just expanding on the terminators, every one of them is going to be painted different Space Marine chapter colors. Then I will paint over them with the decay and bile of Nurgle. Some will just be infected and others will be far gone. Cracked armor, fungus growing, maybe some resin slime, large gashes with maggots, large flies, rotting weapons, rusty sowrds and power fists, things like that. And yes, I am using plastic terminators, 2 boxes set me back, but hey, its gonna be awsome.
    Future Army Lists: I was maybe thinking of playing a Black Legion army mix of Undivided, Khorne, and Nurgle.

~jtm~
    Name: jtm
    Army: Death Guard
    Army Theme: Death, attrition, hordes of infantry that won't die.
    Beginning Fluff: During the cursed founding, a chapter was founded who were genetically susceptible to sickness and disease. Despite constant illness, the chapter would fight on feeling that what doesn't kill them makes them stronger. Their beliefs were a bit too heretical for most and when they started mentioning the Emperor gifting them with diseases to make them stronger, the Inquistion declared them traitors and ordered their demise. Their homeworld was promptly virus bombed as soon as the Inquisition managed to get all the members of the chapter back to their planet.

They thought that everything would die, especially the marines, their susceptibility to disease would magnify the effects of the disease. Thousands died in virus bombing, including the majority of the chapter. Feeling betrayed by the Imperium, they swore their revenge. It was when they swore their hatred that a herald of death and disease appeared to help guide their malice.
    Paint Scheme: Main color is bleached bone with heavy brown inking.
    Army plan: Lots and lots of plague marines. Several rhinos will help speed the army along as the rest foot slogs it or possibly infiltrates. With the death guard rules only letting the first two squads count as troops, I decided to make the most of those empty fast attack choices by adding more mounted marines. Lots of marines.
    Future conversion ideas: Death, major focus on that instead of the usual disease, pestilence, exposed guts and maggots deal. Expect lots of skulls, bones, skeletons and probably a few zombies as well.
    Future army Lists: Made a quick 2000 point list that I'll probably post later, after that I think I want to add in some terminators who should be even harder to kill with toughness 5. Was never really big on terminators but converting the new plastic ones should be fun and they should be huge fire magnets on the field, which is usually their entire purpose.

III. Slaneesh/Emporer's Children

~Greg~
    Phase One: Introductions
    Name: Greg
    Army: Emperors children
    Army Theme: Quick strike, move hard move fast. Recon type unit
    Beginning Fluff: All hail Lord Cythe, leader of the 3rd Advance guard of the Emperors Children, first and fastest in to soften the hated enemy for the following armies of chaos.
    Battle is such an exquisite torture of pleasure and pain....
    Army plan: Hmm working out how to make EC fast to avoid being thumped by artillery or ranged weapons.
    Paint Scheme: Black and Pink for the moment
    Future conversion ideas: Nil at the moment (too new to know of anything)
    Future Army Lists: Build from a basic 500 point army to 1000 maybe 1500 point army

~Grimmtu~
    Name: Grimmtu
    Army: Emperor's Children
    Army Theme: Lots of bikes and marines in rhinos, defilers for long range support, and a few daemonettes for close combat support. Based largely on Eldar and Dark Eldar tactica.
    Beginning Fluff: The Daemon Prince Andrivanus was once the finest organist in the Imperium. He also earned a reputation as a ruthless and brutal general in numerous conflicts across the galaxy and his cavalry (bikers) were often considered among the finest. After his fall from grace, he led his loyal followers to an imperial asteroid mining colony drifting aimlessly near the edge of the Eye of Terror. He quickly overwhelmed the defenders of the colony and forced it's population into slavery, digging even more elaborate mine shafts throughout the rock, turning the asteroid into a giant, daemonic organ fueled by warp energy.
    Paint Scheme: Black and pink with purple and white details. Each squad will have a slightly different pattern and scheme, to help distinguish it.
    Army plan: 2,500 points - 12 bikes, lord on a bike, 18 marines, 18 daemonettes, 2 defilers, keeper of secrets, 3 rhinos. A bit light on the models, but fast and brutal.
    Future conversion ideas: That's a secret.
    Future army lists: The army is basically done being planned, though I would like to add a havoc squad with blast masters and maybe some possessed. As I start putting it together, I might change my mind though

IV. Tzneetch/Thousand Sons
    Once again, looking for some volunteers...

V. Khorne/World Eaters

~Ubernyaw~
    Army: Red Corsairs of Khorne, using World Eaters rules
    Army Theme: Bikes, Berzerkers, Demons in balance
    Beginning Fluff: World Eaters are not the only ones who receive the blessings of the blood god. Over the centuries, rebel chapters such as the Red Corsairs have brought innumerable troops into the dark fold. Within the Red Corsairs, there are devotees to all sorts of Chaos. Worshippers of Khorne abound here as well. The followers of the various deities tend to act autonomously, rarely coordinating strategy as in is hardly necessary for the pirating they tend to do. However, the blood god is not satisfied by simply killing a few merchant vessels, so Khorne's lackeys often go looking for trouble.
    Army Plan: Bikes are fast, and the ability to put them pretty much anywhere I want on the board within 2 turns means that I could be summoning demons in a lot of irritating places for people. This army isn't going to be having much in the way of heavy support, so tank busting will primarily be the responsibility of a tooled up demon prince, AS's with meltabombs, and a greater demon. To add bodies to every berzerker squad, give the AS's demonic spawn and a chaos hound, and favored squads of 8 are now squads of 10. I'm also toying with plasma pistols as some sort of ranged tank killing (I said some) but probably not.
    Paint Scheme: Red Corsairs use old Marine stuff, only with chapter insignia and such crossed out with red x's, I like the way that looks, mix this with actual Khorne Berzerkers kits to give it a sort of “rag-tag” feel to it. All of the marines will probably decorate their armor with an excessive amount of blood and trophies.
    Future Conversion Ideas: A Demon Prince diorama where it is lighting a guardsmen on fire with Demonic Fire. I've got a couple of ideas like that, but I particularly like that one right now. (I'd love to model just a burning torso) And maybe the aspiring champ that is the demonvessal can look kinda twisted, maybe bugged out eyes, coughing up blood, 666 written across his forehead, projectile vomit or some fun like that. (If you're holding a bloodthirster inside you, I should think there would be some symptoms)
    Future Army Lists: I'm currently using my Khorne models also in a LATD army list, and using LATD to ease into World Eaters. Probably I'll just round out this list to 2k points, or make it Black Legion and toss in some Plague Marines as elites (They seem to compliment each other fairly well) and get to use some obliterators.

VI. Iron Warriors

~Dan Jones~
    Name: HRH Dan Jones
    Army: Iron Warriors
    Army Theme: Siege, ordinance + troops waiting to rush breaches in rhinos
    Beginning Fluff: The army is under the command of Asavar Kul (Lieutenant) who has lead the army since his master (The Warsmith) has acended to daemonhood. After being instructed to take vital locations key to the explortation of the 13th crusade, he has been stalled at a prolonged seige of an Imperial city, and with the faliure of the crusade, he has been left behind. Only through diabolic summonig rituals can he converse with his former Master and press forward, taking the city and killing its weakling populance.
    The Warsmith appears at the direst moments from warp rifts to aid his warriors.

Mud and rubble flew though the air, disrupted by the fire of heavy artillery. It pattered across the adamantium of Brother Kethlimir Cyro's shoulder guard, he looked down wiping clean the debris, revealing the symbol of his legion, the Iron Skull of Perturbo, after months of fighting Cyros armour was stained with dust, mud and blood of the fallen, friends and foes. The paint had chipped away from his black shoulder pads, leaving bare metal patches.He stared at his shoulder guard, the image filled him with pride, he bore the genes of Perturbo, a great Primarch, it had been eons since he had seen his leader, back on Medrengard. He remembered the days when he had fought by Perturbo's side, in the Great Crusade....

As the fires raged, Cyro lifted his scarred head from the floor, he coughed, trying to clear the dust and dirt from his mouth, his vision was blurred and all he could hear was a ringing in his ears. The shell had impacted less than 10 meters from his position. Rrom what he could see many of his brothers had perished from the blast. Clearing his head, he rose, other survivors were rising to, Brother Sergeant Farlond was gripping the stump were his leg had used to be. "Brother you must retreat we have been caught in a trap, the green skins will come, take the survivors and retreat back to the encampment," Farlond coughed. Cyro could spy the Orks, they had left there dug in position, and were wooping and yelling, firing the shootas into the air in experience, as they sprinted towards their position. "Brothers we must......" Cyro began as he suddenly heard a familiar voice over the din of battle. "Rally my Brothers, we will meet the Xenos scum in the name of the Emperor!" Lord Perturbo the great began, intstantly the scattered Iron Warriors were filled with strength, with their Primarch by their side, who could oppose them? The green skins were close now, only 100 meters. Cyro drew his bolt pistol and unsheathed his combat sword. "Sons of Olympia, Follow me into battle!" Perturbo screemed as he sprinted towards the Orks, showing neither hesitation nor fear. Behind him the Iron Warriors followed; Pride filled Cyro's chest. "For the Emperor!!!" And battle was met in the Emperors name

........It had been a long time since that day, a lot had changed. Oaths had been spat on, brothers had killed each other. But Cyro had remained faithfull to his father, Perturbo had been tricked by the Emperor, and Dorn had turned Olympia against them. Vengeance had to be sought against those who had wronged them. A lascannon energy stream shot above the trench line. A crunching impact, then a dull thud, he knew the sound of a Chimera throwing its tracks. He smiled, Cyros had been seeking revenge for ten thousand years and still he was not satisfied. He stepped on to the firing step, raising his multi-barreled bolter, disembarking guardsmen looked on in terror. Starring down the barrel of his gun, Cyros eyes narrowed. Channeling his vision on the closest guardsmen, he pulled the trigger, firing a single bolt. It hit the guardsman between the eyes, spraying his comrades with the vital contents of his cranium. Stepping up off the firing step, Cyro screamed, raising his mighty power fist into the air. He felt as strong as Perturbo.
    "IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT" His brothers replied, following him across the field of battle like a vengeful god. They followed him without question.
    Army plan: 2500, Ordanace heavy, NO OBLITORATORS!!!
    Vindicator - Click Here-Heavy on troops, with a squad of possesed and raptors
    Future conversion ideas: All my army are in a city they've just sieged, they have plasti-card broken paving slabs, pics soon. Possesed will hopefully have pit slave weapons and spider legs, my Lord is going to be a big possesed with a £30 pound box set for legs!! guess which one!!
    Future army lists: Not even I know! Back to Warhammer? or Possibley to Necro?

~zeus~
    Phase One : Introduction
    Army: Iron Warriors (Blood Knights)
    Army Theme: They infiltrate fortresses of their enemies and turn their own weapons on them (sentry guns, armoury, database hack e.t.c.)
    Beginning Fluff: Illadin, a hero and commander of the first company of the I.W., was always a hot-head but also a good friend of Peraturbo. Unfortunately, the more powerful he became the more he "accidentally" showed total disrespect of Perturabo. (Due to madness that his more daemonic enhancements caused) Eventually he got too boisterous and challenged Perturbo to a personal duel and (obviously) lost. Although he had scarred Perturbo across his back, Perturbo was still loathe to slaughter Illadin due to their long companionship. But if he didn't do something, he would lose much of his warriors' respect, (so he's not such a merciless lord after all in my book) so instead he banished Illadin to a life on a supposedly dead planet. With his considerable leadership skills (and the odd bit off muscle power)Illadin set the planet's residents into servitude in order to build a mighty forgeworld called Tygroth. Meanwhile, the cunning warsmith (Illadin) had his snitches start to turn the First Company toward problems. At this news Perturabo was outraged that his First Company had started acting rogue-ish and demanded that they either get back in line or get lost; They chose the latter, seeking out and reinstating Illadin as their ruler on the newly completed Tygroth Forgeworld.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Illadin now had a greater goal; To rally a legion of enormous power and number. He thirsted for it so badly, he sent the entire company on a quest to gain information on the whereabouts of the finest warriors in the sector. However, Illadin's madness had begun to consume him completely and he occasionaly lost complete control of his actions. In response to this, a conclave of the finest of the war band met to discuss how to best control Illadin's mood swings and after hours of thought and conversation, they reached an agreement and thus they appointed Sindri, a renegade dark apostle originally of the Word Bearers, untill he attempted to assasinate his company's champion in order to claim leadership. However, he failed and was caught and had been forced to flee from his brethren, who were still in pursuit. He rose to power to become Illadin's adviser and hopefully control his curse. However it soon became a very desperate situation. Although Sindri could control the leader's madness, it was building up inside and Sindri thus called another conclave, telling them if he kept this up Illadin would snap and go berserk. Thus becoming permanently lost to his madness. So in desperation, they decided Sindri should discover a new deity to serve so that the new god may cure Illadins madness. After much searching, Sindri discovered a god willing to cure the leader of his madness in return for servitude and that very day the legion was introduced to its new deity. The master of the seal of Oricalcos, Shaderth, and thus the newly converted legion of the First Company of the Iron Warriors became the Blood Knights.

Meanwhile, two brothers, both in the First Company, fought bitterly against one another. The first was called Axon and the second Wrin. Long had they competed for the status of lieutenant of the newly renamed Blood Knights. However, the struggle of two of his best warriors was beggining to annoy Illadin, who had been unable to act before due to his creeping madness but now was fully ready to settle this dispute. So he called a final duel to be held at that day's ceremony in light of the legion's victory over the Ultramarines on a nearby planet. At this ceremony, a daemon of Chaos was to be given a host and the loser of the duel would become that host. Although Wrin was much stronger than Axon, Lord Illadin had a score to settle with him. As things were becoming problematic since, just as he had done to Perturbo, Wrin was trying to steal leadership from him through the act of falsehood. Spreading lies about Illadin through the legion. His spies had informed him of this treachery promptly and thus Illadin poisoned Wrins drink. So with his strength sapped, he was easily beaten by Axon. Thus the host for the Daemon Prince of Orgoth was decided and Axon claimed the coveted lieutenant status.

Now that Illadin had his legion ready, it was time for him to claim a weapon of power. Soon enough his scouts reported that a Black Legion fortress contained an incredibly notorious and coveted sword called Soul Edge. Illadin knew that his legion would become incredibly well-known if he could claim Soul Edge, the last sword left of the people of Kai. It was rumoured to not only break any metal, but also help its wielder aim for the enemy armour's weak points. So with that, the Blood Knights went to war. The battle lasted 15 long years and ended with the sheer numbers of the Blood Knights crushing the enemy. At last, Illadin would claim his sword. But as soon as he entered, the sword's chamber, he felt he was not alone. Sure enough there was Abbadon and his entire retinue standing by the sword. Illadin was beaten to within a inch of his life by Abbadon's retinue, however, as a last ditch attempt to save his life, Illadin gripped the handle of Soul Edge and instantly felt renewed. With his new weapon, he single-handedly cut down every one of Abbadon's retinue and forced a retreat by Abaddon with Illadin in hot pursuit. Thus Illadin finally had assembled the legion he dreamed of and began the legend of the Lord of the Oricalcos Illadin!
    Army Plan: 3000 points (With standards for fluff reasons)
    Future Conversion Ideas: Lord (like my Avatar) lieutenant (like chaplain) All infantry get those cords on their heads (like knights usually have) I have a lot.
    Future Army Lists: 3000 points I.W.

VII. Alpha Legion
    No one volunteered, unless we pick up some new people, this one will stay pretty empty.

VIII. Word Bearers
    No one volunteered, unless we pick up some new people, this one will stay pretty empty.

IX. Night Lords

~Dodge~Army: Night Lords
    Army Theme: Usual in-your-face, Melta-heavy fast attack.
    Beginning Fluff: Lieutenant Valdraak (pron: f-ul-dr-arc) and his 2 squads of troops were recruited to be a detachment for an Iron Warrior force. The forces were to storm worlds in their path, the Night Lords would strike terror in the night and take out communications and then the IW would storm the area with their heavy tanks.

They ruined many a world in their path as fast as lightning. On one world -inhabited by Dark Angels who were hunting the Fallen of their chapter- the attack was put on hold because of other battles in the area. The Dark Angels knew of the awaiting forces and their commander sent an assault squad to keep an eye on them.

The battle between the Fallen and the Angels had gone on for ages so the IW and Night Lords were finally given the order to intervene. Valdraak was given 2 Raptor squads to add to his forces and to manipulate enemy positions. Meanwhile the assault marines had been watching the Chaos troops, night and day… They had heard the gleeful screams of agony and traitor chants. It drove them mad, they had succumbed to the forces of chaos. They now spoke of heresy and hated the Emperor.

They followed the Chaos forces who soon arrived at the battle line late at night. Needless to say the Night Lords obviously got to strike the first blows, they infiltrated into the enemy lines, using darkness as their cover and when they struck, they struck with unbelievable callas and fury. The Night Lords were ripping the Angels apart.

The assault marines -who were now more insane and driven to Chaos- watched the battle going on, they saw one of the Raptor squads being beaten back by a squad of veterans. The raptors had lost everyone but the two with Melta guns who were turning the Veterans into puddle marines, trying to kill as many as possible before they were killed. The assault marines flew in and started to fight. They chopped and hacked away with no remorse. They had saved the raptors and had killed their brethren. They picked up trophies to later add to their collections.

Later the IW had slammed in and the Night Lords were ordered back to their home world. They went to see the lords who were being visited by Abaddon at the time. Valdraak and his marines were given the freedom to roam on their own, no longer as a detachment. As for the assault marines, after a small discussion and a bit of examination, they were assigned to Valdraak to full the gap of the raptors he had lost. The assault marines soon started to feel their bodies changing, becoming more daemonic, they were also joined by the two Raptors they had saved.

Valdraak and his men went on to crush many Imperial lap dogs and also got into battle with other forces. In their conquests, they were joined by an obliterator from the Eye of Terror and when another marine unit joined, one of the original units became Chosen marines and were given the Daemonic Icon gift to summon furies to the battle field.
    Paint Scheme: Usual night lord scheme. No lightning on normal marines but Chosen will have lightning for individuality.
    Pics of the first two marines-
    Marines 1 (front)
    Marines 2 (back)
    Future Conversion Ideas: Lieutenant will have wings and a modified back pack (will post pics when done). *Other than that I will have 1 unit of SM Assault marines as raptors.
    Future Army Lists:
    See links-
    List 1 - 500 Points (500 pnt night lords)
    List 2 - 1,500 Points (1500 Night lords)
    I will hopefully have the 500 points done by the end of February, and then I will purchase my Raptors. After that I will get Furies and the Obliterator ( who will have red skin and blue armour). After that I will see if I want to push for 2000 points. Fluff shows the progression.

X. The Lost and the Damned

~Bear~
    Army: Lost and the Damned (led by Word Bearers)
    Army Theme: A mainly infantry army with a few chaos marines to lead it, maybe a defiler/russ.
    Beginning Fluff: In the wake of the battle for Cadia, the Prophet Ba’alzamon has managed to get a force of traitors and mutants offworld. Now he and a few of his trusted champions are leading the heretics on raids into Imperial space, hindering the effort to stabilize the area.
    Army Plan: Have the Word Bearers keep the mutants going with some traitor units as fire support and hopefully I'll be able to include a russ, defiler and some daemon packs.
    Paint Scheme: The Word Bearers will be like Word Bearers as will all the chaos vehicles, the mutants will be a mix of colours. I'll try to make them look dirty and corrupted. The traitors I'm still unsure of. I'm thinking of a dark armour and then a lighter cloth that I'll make look dirty and use deep red to paint on chaos symbols and go over Imperial stuff.
    Future Conversion Ideas: I'm sure I'll come up with heaps when I'm building the mutants, so much more fun compared to putting Space Marines together
    Future Army Lists: I think I'll start small at a combat patrol and kill-team games, then expand to bigger lists (1,000+1,500) as I get more stuff.

~Numberofthebeastxxx~
    Army: Lost and the Damned. (Annihilation Angels allies)
    Army Theme: The army will be painted and converted to be like the notorious Blood Pact from the Gaunt's Ghosts novels with my Chaos army (Annihilation Angles) as allies.
    Beginning Fluff: I have already written 2 different fluff stories for my Annihilation Angel Chaos Marines, here they are -

Annihilation Angels. Check my fluff!

Ok here’s my fluff for the new army I’m developing, tell me what you think. (It’s very long so please bear with me)

Following the Badab Crusade the High Lords of Terra sanctioned the creation of a new space marine chapter to make up for the losses/new renegade chapters that came out of that war. The High Lords deemed it necessary to finally launch a concentrated campaign against the traitor forces occupying the maelstrom. Particularly in a section of space that has reduced warpstorm activity of late. And so the creation of the Annihilation Angels came to be sanctioned. After the legion was created they immediately were sent off to start this crusade with Grand Master Kabal Asmodeus Vex leading them.

The Angels excelled at high-speed attack on an already weak and disoriented foe. They would cut off supplies and communication as well as terrorizing the enemy before actually striking in force. At 1st the goal was to clear this newly stable area of any hostility so it can be garrisoned by other imperial entities. The 1st opposition encountered was orks. The angels set about destroying 3 ork empires over the course of 700 years or so. They would destroy the orks supplies of fuel and run rings around the confused enemy before striking out and annihilating the heart of the force. Then it was a matter of cleaning up the remainder. (Which they usually left to the Imperial Guard legions that followed in their wake during this crusade.) Kabal started to be constantly plagued by visions of the future. A dark future filled with the death of billions by his hands.

After the orks in these particular areas were subdued they set out against an even greater enemy. The Annihilation Angels fleet soon encountered the Barbedos system. This system contained 6 planets, 3 of which were inhabitable. The planets were under the supreme control of the Word Bearers. At this point they were already on ill terms with the rest of the Imperial units in this crusade for their flagrant disregard for them. The Angels would strike out the heart of the enemy but would leave the job of clearing the sometimes thousands of enemy units who were dug in the farthest reaches of the planet to the Guard and others. They would also disregard cries for help from the guard in favor for their own agenda. (which would come back to hurt them in the end). Kabal’s dream-visions became more and more intense.

To make a long story a little shorter they ground down the 2 Word Bearers’ outpost-worlds which were mostly manned by cultists, till they were laying siege to the 3rd world, the forge world of Valafar. After slowly whittling down the Word Bearers with high speed attacks and night raids they stood facing the last fortress of the Dark Apostle Nebiros. Grand Master Kabal led the majority of his 1st company (hardened veterans on jump packs) up to the uppermost spire of the fortress. They fought through daemons of all kinds and elite chaos veterans of thousands of years to finally reach the Dark Apostle’s throne room. Kabal and Nebiros spoke for several minutes. Nebiros mocking Kabal’s loyalty to the Imperium and hinted at a dark future in which Kabal would renounce the false emperor. Also that a huge Word Bearer fleet was inbound to destroy them. Enraged Kabal attacked and slew Nebiros after a fierce battle. Meanwhile the remainder of the chapter finished off the Word Bearers defenses. Kabal then received a communication from his fleet that enemy ships were moving in, far outnumbering their own fleet. Kabal needed a way out or his chapter would be doomed. Drawn by some unknown compulsion Kabal had his marines bring Nebiros’s body with them. His reason being that they would present it as a trophy to the Warmaster of the crusade and prove their unmatched superiority.

After getting back to the ship Kabal swallowed his pride and called for help from the rest of the crusade fleet. But instead of mounting a rescue the Imperial forces fled in the face of the chaos war fleet. Deeming it not worth the risk of the rest of the crusades forces to come rescue the space marines. Remembering Nebiros’s speech about the corrupt Imperium, Kabal decided to meet his fate. But instead of opening fire the Word Bearers command ship sent them a message. The chaos warlord on the command ship spoke of his visions of Annihilation Angels becoming one of the greatest legions of space marines united under chaos, which, matched Kabals visions with uncanny accuracy. The warlord did not open fire but instead let the Annihilation Angels leave to see the corruption of the Imperium with their own eyes. With no other option Kabal ordered is fleet leave the area. He rendezvoused with the Imperial forces a month later. But during these weeks of travel Kabal was shut away in his chambers contemplating the events that had taken place. He had seen the might of chaos and the weakness of mere men. No one knows what really happened in Kabals chambers but what is known, that for whatever reason, be it to gain knowledge, to find answers, or a fleeting moment of madness Kabal used his organ (can’t remember the name) that lets a marine view all the memories of an individual by eating a portion of their brain. But being that the Body of Nebiros was a living embodiment of 10,000 years worth of corruption this is what finally pushed Kabal over the edge. Upon ingesting the brain matter his soul cried out for answers and for the power to never have to feel weakness. (Which he felt by being caught in a trap by the chaos fleet and by calling for help). Chaos answered. The warp filled his body with pure chaos and he heard all the seductive whispers of power and greatness. He was now changed forever both physically and mentally. He emerged from his chamber with head held high, with mighty wings flanking his back and horns jutting from his forehead.

Upon meeting the Imperial forces Kabal demanded an explanation from the warmaster and set out on a transport with 10 marines as his personnel guard. Immediately upon viewing Kabal the warmaster renounced him as a loyal marine calling him heretic and a mutant. He ordered his soldiers to open fire on Kabal. Seeing yet again the treachery of the Imperial forces Kabal fought back, killing the warmaster and planting charges to destroy the ship before fleeing back to his own battle barge. His fleet made a fighting retreat but was outnumbered by the crusade fleet, losing several ships while escaping. Suddenly the Word Bearers came to their aid. Striking without warning the Word Bearers took a heavy toll on the surprised Imperial fleet. With the combined might of two space marine fleets the Imperial ships were utterly destroyed.

Kabal was welcomed into the fold of chaos and was given the system of Barbedos that he previously took from Nebiros. Though they have other bases littered around the maelstrom. They were later seen attacking Imperial worlds bordering the maelstrom. Using the same terror/high speed tactics they excel at, worlds were completely annihilated in their wake. Sometimes they were accompanied by the Word Bearers and other chaos forces. In chaos Kabal found the ultimate power he had always been seeking.

The army uses night lord’s rules. As they don’t worship any particular power and excel in fast attack. The models will be done black with white shoulder pads and gold/brass trim. Conversions will consist of horns and blood splattered angel wings. (raptors)

Click here for pics of the Annihilation Angels.

I have made new fluff for my legion. I’ve always liked the original chaos marines from the Horus Heresy better than recent traitor legions. So I have a new story for my Annihilation Angels.
    (Some info taken from the Index Astartes and Horus Heresy Books.)

The year was 841/M31. Fulgrim, Primarch of the Emperor’s Children was found and returned to his legion on ancient Terra. At this time the Emperor’s Children were few in number because of an accident that destroyed nearly all of the precious gene-seed. The Primarch returned to the 200 or so warriors that were left from the accident. Among them Kabal Asmodeus Vex. Fulgrim took his legion and traveled with the Luna Wolves until he could rebuild his legion with recruits from Terra and his home planet of Chemos. Kabal anxiously followed his Primarch into battle after battle. Crushing his enemies and striving for the perfection that Fulgrim urged all his sons to strive for. Fulgrim selected a few individuals to become Lord Commanders to command whole companies of marines. Kabal was one of these individuals; his company was mostly made up of the original Terran marines as well as many recruits from Terra itself. Always Fulgrim preached the importance of perfection. However, Kabal strived for perfection in battle most of all. Viewing it as the only perfection that mattered. He only desired glory in battle, to destroy the Emperor’s enemies and show his Primarch that he could be even more perfect than his fellow commanders.

The Emperor’s Children trained every waking hour to their assigned duties. Every aspect of battle was analyzed and used to their advantage, nothing was left to chance. Even among the Lord Commanders a few individuals shown as particularly devote to perfection. Kabal, of course, being one of them. The Emperor’s Children and Kabal in particular viewed other military organizations, be they Imperial Guard, or even brother Space Marines, with nothing but contempt at the slightest hesitation or inefficiency. At the time of the Heresy the Emperor’s Children comprised 30 companies, each lead by a Lord Commander. Every one of these marines were striving for perfection, chief amongst them Kabal Asmodeus Vex. Each company inherited its manner and practices from it’s Lord Commander. Kabal’s company served him as fanatically as they would Fulgrim himself. Each and every marine in Kabal’s company strove for perfection in battle by serving him. It is recorded that Kabal’s marines were even more fanatically loyal to him than any other companies marines were to their Lord Commander. Scribes and Inquisitors studying the evidence believe the reason for this being that because Kabal’s company was mostly made up of the original marines from Terra and recruits from Terra, they perhaps felt a particular kinship with him as opposed to other commanders. Since the Emperor perfection was thought by Inquisitors to be embodied by Fulgrim, and in turn his Lord Commanders, captains and lieutenants, and finally the sergeants and marines themselves. Thus, Inquisitors theorize, is how the entire legion could be corrupted so thoroughly by Fulgrim himself being corrupted.

It is documented that Kabal was so utterly obsessed with the perfection of war, that Fulgrim himself cautioned him. During the crusade the finest Artisans were brought to fashion the legions armor, weapons, and vehicles. Fulgrim told Kabal that perhaps he was too driven to the perfection of war that he was neglecting other aspects that can be mastered such as art, learning, and civilization. Kabal’s company had the least artfully crafted wargear of the legion. He looked on such things with scorn, arguing that such devotion to petty things would draw him away from perfection in what really mattered, war and victory in battle. But Fulgrim’s remarks stung him to the core. What need did he have for art and learning when all he ever needed to know and learn was war?

At Istavaan system Fulgrim allied with Warmaster Horus against the Emperor. Along with the Death Guard and World Eaters Legions disposed of those among their own legions who were still loyal to the Emperor. Brother fought brother in the aftermath of the virus bombing of Istavaan III. Chief among the loyalists was First Captain Tarvitz of the Emperor’s Children. Angron, Primarch of the World Eaters launched an attack, at the head of 50 companies to destroy the loyalists. Horus had little choice but to go along. The Sons of Horus, Death Guard, and Emperor’s Children were ordered to their dropships. It was Kabal along with Lord Commander Eidolon who defeated their own loyalist brothers. It was Kabal himself who slayed Captain Tarvitz in hand to hand combat.

After the Battle Fulgrim preached to his commanders the glory of chaos and Slaanesh whom in turn passed it down to the marines. Denouncing the Emperor they turned to worship Slaanesh, who promised them paradise and a galaxy of ultimate freedom because every experience was one of pleasure. Kabal was disgusted... Kabal looked upon his brothers with disdain, even his own Primarch worshipped Slaanesh and had turned his attention from war to aspects of pleasure and sensation. Only war was true for him, not pleasures of the flesh or sensations of the mind. To him only the sensation of defeating your enemies was worth devoting to. He was appalled by a god who viewed battle as merely one feature of perfection, when war was perfection itself!

The deciding point for Kabal came during the Invasion of Terra. Fulgrim ordered his legion to attack the populace, instilling all manner of horror upon them. Kabal requested an audience with his Primarch to find out why they would attack such a strategically unimportant target. But Fulgrim was already on planet. So Kabal journeyed down to find him. What he found on Terra was the final straw. He beheld his own Primarch directing the slaughter of the populace with glee. Turning his sorcerers upon them with wild abandon. Kabal spoke to him then. “Why? Why do this? We should be assaulting the palace! We should assault with out brother legions and slay the emperor himself!” Fulgrim temporarily put off his torture of several innocents and replied: “There will be due time for such an action my son, for now take pleasure in what we have.” “Leave the blood work to the World Eaters, we have the unholy work of the great Slaanesh to do here.” Kabal tried to argue with his adopted father but to no avail. Fulgrim was to enthralled with the pleasure Slaanesh was bestowing on him that we could not or would not answer. Kabal came to a decision, he turned and left his Primarch and returned to his awaiting legion. It was at this time that Horus was slayed by the Emperor and the traitors were in disarray. Only when forced to flee was Fulgrim able to focus enough and receive news of Kabal’s desertion. He deemed him unworthy of Slaanesh’s favor and denounced him as a son.

While the Emperor’s children fled back to the eye leaving a trail of desecrated worlds in their wake Kabal was also fleeing. He also fled back to the eye and it was there that he and his company changed forever. Kabal and most of his legion (only those that were left from the originals from Terra and a few others) declared themselves a new chapter. At first they were in disarray, a confused lonely company of marines fighting against the other traitors in the initial wars around the eye. It is known that upon reaching the eye the traitor legions fought amongst themselves for territory and power. Or in the case of the Emperor’s children, for new playthings and new desires. It was then that Kabal met an individual who had similar ideas. Though Abaddon the Despoiler did not share his ideals for perfection his ultimate goal was to crush the Imperium and bring in a new age. Kabal and Abaddon both were struggling to unite their legions despite the turmoil around them. Both succeeded in uniting their legions and Kabal saw in Abaddon one with vision, an individual who could bring about the destruction of the weak empire of man. Kabal ordered the re-painting of his marine’s armor, simple black and white, to commemorate their new ideals. The chapter slowly rebuilt itself as the Annihilation Angels. They viewed themselves as the perfect soldiers. With the help of Abaddon Kabal saw chaos as the means to get back at the Emperor and his Primarch, and to become powerful enough to do so. Understandably Kabal saw worship of one particular side of chaos to be weak. He and his new legion worshipped/used chaos to fulfill their goals of perfecting war so that his former Primarch and the Emperor would fall and a new age of mankind could be realized.

Kabal and his Annihilation Angels have participated in several Black Crusades alongside the Black Legion and other chaos forces, though never with the Emperor’s Children. Though still slightly smaller than other legions they attack with unmatched ferocity, using speed and highly skilled warriors to strike out the heart of an enemy force. They maintain a distinct animosity with the Emperors Children. On occasions where they encounter each other the Annihilation Angels will forgo all other goals at the time and attack them with more ferocity than even against loyalist forces. They currently hold several worlds in the eye of terror. Among them are forge worlds for their wargear, garrisoned fortress-worlds, but most of all training worlds that they use to initiate new recruits and perfect the only art that is worth it, war. They remain a smaller legion despite 10,000 years of time because the initiation rituals of the recruits are so unbelievably grueling and they accept nothing short of perfection in battle. They excel at high-speed surgical strikes and rely on highly skilled warriors to get the job done.

And if you don't know about the Blood Pact, read one of Dan Abnett's fabulous novels.
    Paint Scheme: My Annihilation Angels are already painted. I still have yet to do the traitors, gibbering hordes, tanks, bloodletters, etc. To view the lord and dreadnought for my Annihilation Angels !!!
    The Blood Pact will be painted exactly like the example models in an Old WD. For info and paint scheme: Click Here
    Army Plan: Here's a sample list I'm working on

This list follows the Night Lords LatD rules. (So all chaos marine allies have free night vision upgrade)

HQ

Arch Heretic- berzerker glaive, MoK, melta bombs, essence, speed, furious charge, night vision.

Elites

7 Raptors- Champ w/ plasma pistol, chaos icon, and powersword. 3 flamers. All have MoCU and furious charge.

8 Bloodletters

Troops

3 Gibbering Hordes (compulsory)

3 Gibbering Hordes (compulsory)

7 Traitors- Chaos icon and lascannon.

7 Traitors- Chaos icon and lascannon.

7 Traitors- Chaos icon and missile launcher.

6 Traitors- Chaos icon and missile launcher.

Fast

7 Raptors- Champ w/ plasma pistol, and powersword. 2 meltas. All have infiltrate and furious charge.

Hellhound

Heavy

Russ- Lascannon and bolters.

Russ- Lascannon and bolters.

Bassy- indirect fire.

Yes I know, the traitor squads are extremely fragile. They will be set up as far away from the enemy as possible. Their only purpose is to fire their heavy weapons in support and enable me to take the tanks. The tanks will shred plenty with their ordinance providing plenty of cover/distraction for my raptors. The melta squad infiltrates to take out any nearby tanks. The flamer squad moves forward and causes havoc, summoning the daemons later on. The Heretic should be in combat by turn 2 and will have fun cutting up weakened squads with his initiative 6, strength 5, and 8 power attacks on the charge. If my deployment zone gets unnecessarily crowded with infiltrating/deep striking units, each traitor squad has the potential to summon the daemons if I so choose. O yea, and the hellhound will be making everything extra crispy...
    Conversion Ideas: I'll post more pics as I go.

~Ubernyaw~
    Army: Lost and the Damned
    Army Theme: In essence, the Imperial Guard led by a Bloodthirster.
    Beginning Fluff: The 9th Black Watch had a long, proud history. As their homeworld is situated uncomfortably close to the Eye of Terror, they've become quite adept at defending themselves against the random incursions of Chaos. However, as the years dragged by, the officers of the regiment found themselves increasingly turning into the very enemy they fought so hard to fight. The guardsmen would make a tradition of soaking their uniforms in the blood of slain enemies, and it was considered a matter of martial pride to carry around trophies of past kills. It was because of this martial honor that the officers slowly began to find themselves being drawn to Khorne. Eventually, they outright changed allegiance, but rather then rise up on their homeworld and risk being crushed, they fled into the Eye, and have been fighting for the dark gods ever since.
    Army Plan: As a former guard player, I've grown rather accustomed to a certain amount of blasting in my armies. So, I've decided to go with a traitor heavy force. (also so I don't have to buy new models for my traitors lol) However, the real appeal of Chaos to me has always been Khorne Berzerkers, a Bloodthirster, and all that close combat nastiness. So, I plan to use the traitors to set up a hard hitting base of fire, with perhaps some traitor rough riders to assist allied marine berzerkers, greater demons, and summoned demons charge home and wreak havoc. And, if worse comes to worse, the tanks can be mobile cover for the charging squads.
    Paint Scheme: Mixing and matching parts from the Chaos Maruaders sprue and the Cadian and Catachan sprues, and painting them all a bloodshot mixture of red, black, and very dark camo (black/catachan/brown?) heavily ladened with excessive trophies, heads, etc. Using left a few of the left over Berzerker heads as theirs, because they look mean. Perhaps some of the agitators will be holding out a still bleeding head, and so forth.
    Future Conversion Ideas: If I ever move on to using mutants, just buy a box of orks and mix and match parts with catachans.
    Future Army Lists: LATD is my sort of “trial” with Chaos, if I really like this list, I'll stay with it, but for now this is my way of learning how to use a berzerker correctly.

~bloodletter51~
    Army: Lost and The Damned
    Army Theme: Nurglesque, but no plague zombies.
    Beginning Fluff: My army started out when a company of Chaos Space Marines, whom had broken from their original legions and joined that one (Yeah I know it's a bit etchy sketchy), had been nearly wiped out by a force of Death Guard after a not to well planned assault, and the plague of Grandfather Nurgle tainted the survivors, 3 Aspiring Champions, a Sorcerer, and few scattered troops. The survivors retreated to safe ground. Though the Sorcerer needed an army, he also needed revenge. The original commander had been searching for the ancient magic of reanimation (putting 'life' into dead stuff) and the Sorcerer was his right hand man.

*Somehow the sorcerer finds this magic in this gap*

So the small force started with equally small ambushes on lost Catachan in the forest, and stole the corpses to create new troops for the army, some Imperial Guard merely surrender though, and were then accepted into the legion....
    Army Plan: I plan to get an interesting and fun army, I also have a site to show others how I play and create tthe miniatures.
    Paint Scheme: Good zombie like skin, traitors will be Steel Legion guys, and... well... y'know nurgle looking. About 2,000 points at the end hopefully
    Future Conversion Ideas: Rhino + Hellcannon = Bassie
    Oh and I may experiment with necron parts for mutants, and Ill make 3 ACs- a medic guy with a big needle attached to his arm and drug tube things on his backpack, a repair like guy with a hammer and nails, and one AC with a sewing machine thing on his arm to sew up parts from different corpses...
    Future Army Lists: None planned at the moment, but I have some ideas growing.

Last edited by hotspike18; January 16th, 2006 at 04:02.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

I'm just starting Death Guard!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to start Iron Warriors soon!

NOTE: On a completely new topic how did you get the symbols around your name hotspike

zeus
    Last edited by Zeus; November 5th, 2005 at 03:06.
    Fear The Wrath Of The ANZAC Clan!
    All Bow For The Anime Clan!
    When did I realise I was God?
    Well one day I was praying and I realised...
    I was talking to myself!
    Primarch Of The Iron Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

Using the Alt Keys combinations :tongue:

http://www.starr.net/is/type/altnum.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive got a khrone/black legion army that need painting this could be the excuse im looking for

Pwned by Phobos. LictorInTheGrass's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -27 (x0)

I'd love to do it but being in college ties my hand. Plus I got to much stuff to probably make your deadline. But hey, awesome idea man. I could probably help write tacticas for Unit use in the Black Legion , if you want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

283 (x6)

Xechor, I assume that means you'll be using Black Legion with one some Khorne mixed in?

Lictor, that will be fine, I'll PM you for that later.

If you guys could look for new players and spread the word around about this thread that would be great.

jtm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm getting ready to start turning my space marines into slaanesh marines, but I'm a horrendously slow painter and I'm working on my vampire counts army at the same time.
    I can read now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

283 (x6)

It's alright, I'll go ahead and put you down. You can move at a slightly slower pace if you need to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

I'm working on an Emperor's Children army, but you've already got somebody signed up for that one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast