BA to Chaos, HELP!!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BA to Chaos, HELP!!!

yeah, i'm looking to play chaos, as marines are getting boring, though i want to keep my chapter and characters, who are Blood Angels successors, how do you think i should transition them into Chaos Marines, and who should they worship?

This night is wild, so cold and dull, these hearts they race from self control

Carpe Noctem (because Diem is too bright)

Blood Angels Wins:6-Draws:0-Losses:5...apparently i'm doing decently for a guy who randomly charges into certain oblivion

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KHORNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! like warious who has scummbed to the that blood rage thing gone wrong and their lust for blood becomes so great the turn to fight for the blood god? they turn from the light so they can continually slay just for the porpouse of well slaying things... i dunno shouldnt b to hard with a bit of imagination...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

I agree with Bear,

The idea of letting the black rage overcome them to the point of beeing mindless berserkers is certainly a good idea.
    You can easily writh a bit of fluff that at some point for a battle practicly your entire army goes into an uncontrolled black rage and commit horros beyond redemption on the local population, their enemies and former allies.
    Khorne certainly fits in with this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

Kinda like the Deathguard, they all started to hallucinate and "accidentally" started to worship Nurgle.

Your guys got so deep into the killing they enjoyed it, thereby, "accidentally" calling out Khorne.

Fluff Alert - This happened in a battle against Slaaneshi cultists on some planet. The fight went on SO long that they all succumbed to the black rage at once and started to hate the effete cultists and started to enjoy the mindless bloodletting.

Now, my brain hurts.
    Last edited by THE Hersh; November 6th, 2005 at 11:52. Reason: spelling, as always
    A little pain never hurt anyone - Larry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, the Khorne idea is good, and a little before reading this that idea crossed my mind, but doesnt it seem a little too obvious? the guys who go into a berserk fury turn to the Blood God, its just too predictable. I read "Mark of Damnation" and in it a bunch of high class knights and such turn to the Blood God, when usually people of their status turn to Tzeentch, or more commonly Slaanesh.

So heres my plan, a disease hits them and spreads through their ranks like wildfire, which leads them to the worship of Nurgle. its unusal and unexpected, isnt it? thoughts?

Blood Angels Wins:6-Draws:0-Losses:5...apparently i'm doing decently for a guy who randomly charges into certain oblivion

Pwned by Phobos. LictorInTheGrass's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -27 (x0)

Painting transition will be hella hard if you go Nurgle. Khorne is most likely to have Blood Angel betrayers. As far as I know they are already considered heretics in the eyes of some Inquistors. Buy two maybe 3 boxes of Berzerkers and scatter them among your units of now-converted Bloodangels. Cut up the Empire symbols and use the extra head to modify some of your existing units. This is easy and very fluffy like. But its up to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its not really that hard, conversion wise i'm not going to do much, i only have 20 marines and a predator (its around 1000 pts, but i dont recall exactly) they're all white with bits of red and black on them, so i'm gonna muck up the white with green and browns.

i have some Night Goblins, and one of their shield icons is a moon, which i'm gonna use as my new stmbol cuz they have a thing with the moon. i'll put that on their shoulders and call them the Plague Moons. Over time i'll get to making them look like Death Guard and eventually swap some of them out for those models

i might also buy some IG and make a LATD army. i'd most likely get some Steel Legion guys, the gas masks make them look Nurglish, but thats for a bit later

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

Well sence Abadon killed Sanguines, Blood angels would never turn "Period". But if you want to make a Blood angels chapter that turned on sanguines, before he was killed. Then I'd say they would be Khorne, or undivided with a mix of gods to show that they worship Abadon (sence he's all of them) and quite posably use him.

As all Blood Angels players "should" know, The Blood Angels will never turn. They would be the last to turn out of all the space marines, despite their black rage, thats why they try to kill any one who falls to it by useing the death company. They only get the black rage by remembering sanguines' death and going crazy from it, technicaly the black death would be remembering how much they hate chaos and abadon.

-Jenn
    Last edited by Zora Blade; November 6th, 2005 at 21:25.

Current Armys
    Tomb Kings, Marines, Eldar

jtm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really seeing them going over to nurgle, nurgle from what I've seen focuses a lot more on shooting, while the blood angels are geared for assault. I'll echo for what everyone else said, khorne is your best bet.

Fluffwise you don't have to say they worship khorne or anything, you just use it for the rules to represent those fully taken by the black rage or what have you. Of course you need to find a reason to be "evil", maybe they've grown angry at the Emperor for letting Sanguines die and want revenge or something like that.
    I can read now!

Pwned by Phobos. LictorInTheGrass's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -27 (x0)

Just forget about the fluff and make a Nurgle army, easier that way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast