Should I Play Chaos? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play Black Templar space marines, but Chaos is just so tempting! I love all of the daemons and special powers, but I already have 1500+ points of the BT's. I guess I should ask how effective a Khorne army is, because my BT's got gutted by imperial guardsmen twice today, and once by tyranids! I'm tired of regular marines. I want to field an army that makes the opponent shudder at a glance, but money is an issue. Maybe I should auction my army on Ebay for the cash? I'd love some Chaos player's input on this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, you're currently playing a Black Templars army, arguably the best Loyalist close combat chapter out there. Instead of playing BT's, you're thinking of switching to Khorne. Hmm...

Okay, here's the scoop:

It's true that a Khorne army is scary in close combat - if done right, not even Tyranids can really match the assault power of the Blood God. However, playing Khorne has it's weaknesses as well. For instance, you're going to be fielding a lot less models than you do in your BT army. Honestly, I think Khorne can be a fun army to play, but if you just want pure "kick butt" power, I would suggest either a Nurgle or Undivided army. Both of these types of armies are much more balanced than Khorne - you don't have to worry about your troops that are holding an objective flipping out and charging your opponent's Leman Russ, for example. Both Nurgle and Undivided can be scary in assault or shooty mode - though Nurgle is more of a small-army elite force while Undivided is definitely more troops oriented.

To sum, if you wish to continue to play a close combat army, then I suppose Khorne is best in close combat, but if you want a change in play styles, go for Nurgle or Undivided.

I wouldn't sell off your Black Templars, by the way. It may be that someday you'll want to play them again, and if they're gone, well... they're gone!

Oh, and a well-painted Nurgle army ALWAYS makes your opponent shudder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Khorne is dirt cheap to buy. You can do it all in plastics really.

Nurgle terminators are UNKILLABLE in close combat though.

I'd just think about what style u like to play and go for that god.

Don't use a World Eaters army though, their list is dreadful and you'll lose all the time. Play a Chaos SM list but use a lot of khorne troops. The only down side is u have to pay for champions. No big deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

world eaters dreadful? losing all the time? what madness is this that you speak of????

seriously ive been playing world eaters for 4 years now and have only lost a couple of games. Khorn armies are the mosters of close combat and if close combat is hat you like best then definately go for Khorne. if you want shooty go for undivided(BL) or IW. want staying power? then go either nurgle or Thousand sons they can take even more punishment than the normal marine.
    Wir Werden Vorherrschen!

"I cast Lvl. 3 Eroticism. You turn into a real beautiful woman."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You play many IG armies with 3 Leman Russ Demolishers and swathes of heavy weapons though?

God I hate that WE list. Its so boring to play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a World Eaters army and a small nightlords battleforce that I just started. I've had really good luck with my world eaters though. The only time I ever really run into a problem is when someone feilds alot of tanks and stuff. Being khorne theirs not a whole lot that can take out tanks. If you do go khorne let me suggest that you use a powerfist for each of your champs that way if they do have to charge into a tank or dready at least they can make easy work of it. As for how everyone says that the down side is that they bloodfrenzy and go charging. I don't really see this as a problem because they close space quicker. Most of the time your just lucky if you do blood frenzy.

I just recently started night lords and I am very pleased with them. I have only played one game with them so far against a necron player and I wiped the floor with them. I'd say night lords are becoming my favorite army now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the input, but I have 2 questions: Can a few Zerkers per squad have plasma pistols? Can I just have an all Khorne army but not be World Eaters?

BTW: Nice Defiler Ender

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes 2 berserkers can have plasma pistols, although i find giving them plasma pistols a waste of points as you cant fire if you get blood frenzy and i want to spend most of my time in combat not shooting. and yes you can have a Khorne army and still not be World Eaters.
    Wir Werden Vorherrschen!

"I cast Lvl. 3 Eroticism. You turn into a real beautiful woman."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never give the plasma pistol upgrade becuase usually if I'm close enough to shoot with a pistol then that turn I'll be close enough to charge. If I can't charge that turn then I try not to get in the 12 inch radius because then I can be charged. That's alot of attacks to be lost just to take a couple of pot shots. As long as you give your champ a powerfist though then usually heavy stuff won't be a prob..... Dreadys may take out a few of your zerkers but your champ will lay down his 5 attacks with his powerfist if he charge 4 if he didn't and usually take any heavy stuff out. Also if you gave them furious charge then on the charge your champ will have a little more strength to penetrate.

Honestly though...... I'm liking my nightlords alot more. Seems everyone now a days are using zerkers. Nothing like hearing an opponent say hay a nightlords army. I've never seen anyone use one of those. Opposed to the hey another zerker army.

Closed Thread