How Different? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Different?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How Different?

I play necrons at the mo, and I'm a bit bored of their lack of customisation.

I want to start Chaos, because 'nids are thoroughly taken by one of my friends.

However, we also play with 2 people who do chaso- Nurgle and Khorne.

I wanted to do nurgle, with the general idea of speeed (bikes, raptors), with rhino-rushing flamers.

How different are chaos armies from one another? In GW they said that with chaos pretty much any army is different, and there are lots of different directions to go down, but I was looking for your opinion.

*In My Mind*

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tunisia
    I play necrons at the mo, and I'm a bit bored of their lack of customisation.

I want to start Chaos, because 'nids are thoroughly taken by one of my friends.

However, we also play with 2 people who do chaso- Nurgle and Khorne.

I wanted to do nurgle, with the general idea of speeed (bikes, raptors), with rhino-rushing flamers.

How different are chaos armies from one another? In GW they said that with chaos pretty much any army is different, and there are lots of different directions to go down, but I was looking for your opinion.
    I personally reckon that most chaos armies are pretty similiar but as a personal note Death Guard are not the best army for a fast attack style having only two rhinos as troops before others become fast attack choices is not cool

zeus
    Fear The Wrath Of The ANZAC Clan!
    All Bow For The Anime Clan!
    When did I realise I was God?
    Well one day I was praying and I realised...
    I was talking to myself!
    Primarch Of The Iron Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

death guard can't take bikes either

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

You could always use the main list with Nurgle units to represent a Black Legion company or renegade chapter dedicated to Nurgle. This would allow you to use bikes and Rhinos. Not all devotees of Nurgle are Death Guard.

jtm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None of the fast attack choices can have the mark of nurgle either, even if you're using the normal list. Of course you could always just use them unmarked, or mark them and take them as elites.

If you're looking for lots of fast stuff you might want to check out the night lords, they won't be fearless but they don't have the 0-1 limit on raptors either.
    I can read now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

Of course you could always just use them unmarked
    Yep, that's what I meant.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

The Black Legion is a very good army for chaos beginners, because they will allow you to experiment with alot of the aspects of chaos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

Slaneesh can take every thing but raptors... but if you realy wanted to take raptors you can make an honor guard all with Deamonic flight and use the raptor models.

My BF (isitused) made a Death Guard honor guard with all deamonic flight, it was pretty fricken awsome to see the death guard models with the old fan style marine jump packs on ^_^ But Death Guard still can't have bikes

-Jenn

Current Armys
    Tomb Kings, Marines, Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

The Chaos armies each focus on an aspect of customization of armies, and specialize in that. each army is meant to be different from the others so that it stands out and can work in a particular way. I.E Khorne CC oriented, Nurgle hardened verterns who can dish it out and hold their own in CC when necessary.

It all comes down to fluff and what your looking to do. Are you looking to stampede across the field with the possibility of extra movement and reduce your opponents best armor save to a 4+ (terminator killers) Or are you looking to be rock hard and live and die by your bolters?

You can also go the undivided route and do both, it is possible. This leaves your army balanced and able to chose and apply different strengths and weaknesses. However i will definitely say from personal experience, everyone is thrown off playing against Khorne/Deathgaurd , i've never been afraid to play the Black Legion.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the help, but, as I said, I wanted to do rhino rush/ speed and then flame. Khorne would be definitely no help in this, Slaanesh is just weird, Nurgle would be perfect if I could use fast attack, and I don't like Tzeentch because it sounds too cheesy. I mean, +1 wound? come on!

I was also interested in converting a rhino to nurgle by fitting it with things like a sphincter for an entrance hatch, and variouswarty things which could count as the shooting thing- you know, the D6 str 3 one. If I was to take Tzeentch, I wouldn't know what to model people on.
    *In My Mind*

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast