Librarium Online Forums banner

Combat Drugs

487 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Rabbit 
#1 ·
Just looking over some posts at the GW Forum, a question was raised about whether or not each bonus from Slaaneshi Combat Drugs were usable once per battle or once per turn. I've always assumed that each upgrade could be taken once per turn, and I've really never seen anything that suggests otherwise, but it seems like people on the forum assume it's once per battle.

Could I get somebody to clarify this and point to a reference somewhere that states clearly one way or the other?

#2 ·
grimmtu said:
Just looking over some posts at the GW Forum, a question was raised about whether or not each bonus from Slaaneshi Combat Drugs were usable once per battle or once per turn. I've always assumed that each upgrade could be taken once per turn, and I've really never seen anything that suggests otherwise, but it seems like people on the forum assume it's once per battle.

Could I get somebody to clarify this and point to a reference somewhere that states clearly one way or the other?
Well, you're not alone in believing that you can use any ability once per turn .... there's definitely nowhere in which it states that it's one use per battle. :huh:

Now that you mention it, though, there's nowhere in which it states that it can be used multiple times, either...

#3 ·
Now that you mention it, though, there's nowhere in which it states that it can be used multiple times, either...
That's true, but that's poor logic (not saying that you're using poor logic, but that that general line of thinking is flawed). I assume that something like a combi-bolter can be used every turn, although I doubt it specifically says it can be used every turn, and everything that is only usable once per battle clearly states that it is (like say, the melta-gun on a combi-melta). So there's clearly an established precedent that unless otherwise stated, something can be used every turn.

#6 ·
In most cases if it doesn't say "May only be used once per battle" it means it can be used as much as possible so i say use them whatever way you want be it once per battle or several there is nothing that prohibits you from doing as such!

zeus

#7 ·
I can see the logic behind this - that they only carry enough hypodermics to keep them pepped up for one turn, or that the combat drugs upgrade refers to a dosage, but i'd agree with the general consensus that they can be used every turn - the logic behind this being that it's equally possible the slaaneshi warrior could have some kind of drip connected up to him.

LoC

#8 ·
The Slaneesh combat drugs are used exactly like the Dark Eldar ones.

They are taken before combat, and you can take multiple drugs with the same wargear slection. Meaning you only need to pay for it once. They can be used "every" combat phase, untill the game is over. However, every drug increase you want to take you have to roll for it. For every set of doubles you roll, you wound your self with no saves at all. This reason is why I give them bionics, just incase I kill myself ^_^

Thats how I use them.

-Jenn

#9 ·
Two more things to add: Point-wise, it doesn't seem like G.W. would have combat drugs priced at 25 pts, if the same options could not be used every turn (oh, but what am I saying...it's G.W.)

Secondly, every tournament that I've seen en E.C. builds allows each of the drug options to be used more than once.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.