Quick question on standards... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick question on standards...

I was just wondering... with the standards of the gods (blasted, rapturous, etc), can they only be taken by a unit of chosen?

I'm really hoping not, because I wanted my AC of my rubrics (Thousand Sons) to deep strike with it and unleash it upon the nearby unit...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Evil von Doomstein's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think so. i dont have my codex here but i think only Chosen can take Icons, so only they can take Standards, which counts as an Icon for that God's Daemon right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    201 (x4)

I concur, only chosen can bear a dedicated standard. Sorry, I made the same mistake long ago. An as it is stated in the chosen entry of your codex, only the 2 undivided standards can be bought at 20 points, all the dedicated standard are availlable at their standard point cost (usualy 50 points). I also misunderstood this part a long time ago.

Good luck !
    MindRaked
    CHAOS Undiv.: won 14/22 games EC: 4/7 WE: 6/9 DG: 10/15, TS: 3/7 Orks : 13/20 SM NL : 1/6 TAU: 14 of 24 IG: 3/7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Some people think one way, some people think another. This is another one of those debated topics that GW hasn't cared to clear up for us.

I myself believe that only Chosen are allowed to take the Chaos Power specific banners. Otherwise, Chosen wouldn't be quite so special.

Take a look at page 25 of the Chaos Codex, under the heading of "Special Icon:" You'll notice that one line states that Chosen are able to take Icons matching the Chaos Power of the mark that they bear. No other unit listing has that written for them.

Remember that this game is driven by positives instead of negatives. For an example, you can do something because a passage from a rulebook says you can. However, the "Nothing says I can't take it, so I can" arguement does not work in this game.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Most army building programs for the computer only allow you to purchase standards on choosen models. But I must say, the two programs I've used were created (I believe) by G.W., which begs the question yet again.

+ Reply to Thread